Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I didn't think that Daken was that bad in Claws of a Killer. He didn't seem like he wanted to go and he just sort of got roped into it. It seems like he didn't even plan to attack Logan.

True, that detail made it slightly better. But the whole book was still about ‘Wolverine’s biggest enemies who want him dead again!’ As opposed to Death of Wolverine where Daken seemed to reconsider their relationship and to move on from his hate. So suddenly going after Logan again just because he heard he might be alive and getting killed off for nothing was quite irritating. But I guess it depends on how it will be continued (if it will be) in upcoming comics. Maybe it’ll be viewed by everyone, including Logan as another attempt of killing him that still makes Daken untrustworthy, or maybe it will be revealed that Daken wasn’t so eager to kill him and it was just a stupid idea to follow Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike that even got him killed – that could even make Daken side with Logan against the next team-up of Creed and Lady Deathstrike in the second issue of Wolverine. Or it won't be mentioned again lol. We’ll see

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    True, that detail made it slightly better. But the whole book was still about ‘Wolverine’s biggest enemies who want him dead again!’ As opposed to Death of Wolverine where Daken seemed to reconsider their relationship and to move on from his hate. So suddenly going after Logan again just because he heard he might be alive and getting killed off for nothing was quite irritating. But I guess it depends on how it will be continued (if it will be) in upcoming comics. Maybe it’ll be viewed by everyone, including Logan as another attempt of killing him that still makes Daken untrustworthy, or maybe it will be revealed that Daken wasn’t so eager to kill him and it was just a stupid idea to follow Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike that even got him killed – that could even make Daken side with Logan against the next team-up of Creed and Lady Deathstrike in the second issue of Wolverine. Or it won't be mentioned again lol. We’ll see
    I don't think Daken really wanted to kill him, he just wanted to see if Logan actually was alive.

I had kind of a silly thought: it might be fun to see Daken interact with some of the more ridiculous or goofy X characters. Or even just some of the really, really nice ones. For maximum off the wall nonsense, have him meet Wolvie, the X-baby version of Wolverine from the recent Exiles run.

I thought of that after re-reading some of Squirrel Girl. The issue where she hangs out with Loki and Thor and gets Loki to turn into Cat Loki, and he stays that way just to annoy Thor is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I had kind of a silly thought: it might be fun to see Daken interact with some of the more ridiculous or goofy X characters. Or even just some of the really, really nice ones. For maximum off the wall nonsense, have him meet Wolvie, the X-baby version of Wolverine from the recent Exiles run.

I thought of that after re-reading some of Squirrel Girl. The issue where she hangs out with Loki and Thor and gets Loki to turn into Cat Loki, and he stays that way just to annoy Thor is hilarious.
    We kind of had that with Gabby already.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    We kind of had that with Gabby already.
    Pretty much, yeah. I miss Gabby. I know she was getting overexposed, but its weird that she's dropped off the face of the Earth. She and Daken worked great together.

Here's a thought: was Romulus brought to Krakoa? Is he even a mutant? Would he be welcome?

While I like having Daken around I really don't like the villain thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Here's a thought: was Romulus brought to Krakoa? Is he even a mutant? Would he be welcome?

While I like having Daken around I really don't like the villain thing.
    Would you really want Romulus back? He really wasn't a good character.

He's awful, but too tied in with Daken to not get a mention. Given that he single-handidly destroyed Daken's life, if he was around I can't see Wolverine and Daken taking it well.

It would be putting a major abuser in a room with their victim and the victim's father, and telling them they need to get over it

I think it’s safe to say that he’s being retconned out of X-Men history if he’s not going to be around in this new era where literally every mutant and every villain is placed on Krakoa, or not even going to be mentioned. I’m sure Percy knows about his existence and as you said he is too tied to Daken to not be mentioned, so if he won’t be, that’s a good indicator. And in narrative I doubt the X-Men would make an exception with him if villains like Apocalypse can be there.
    Also they should free him from prison too similarly to Sabretooth’s case, since they don’t let humans judge or punish mutants anymore, and the last time we saw him he was being held captive in a prison made by humans.

I don’t see any chance for him to return to be honest -and I don’t want him either- but if it happened, the only thing I’d want to see is: Logan and Daken(and Laura) functioning finally as a family and Romulus seeing his stupid plans and grooming Daken to hate his father, to always be alone/not trust or care about anyone in his life failed miserably; Daken making him brutally pay for what he did to him without being punished by the council
    Be kind, it's FREE