Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Let's hope the writer for the new Wolverine series doesn't take notes from; Sina G, Rick Remender, and Jason Aaron. These three ruined Daken's development, specifically Remender.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hopefully that means now’s the time to post some comfortable sexual tension:

I'm hoping he appears in X-Men/Fantastic Four.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I like him when he is written as an evil bastard. Much like Sabertooth.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Fun fact, that Secret Wars cover from the first scan was done by Chip.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Nice, I remember reading some small moments with Gambit but don't remember exactly where
    Do you remember?
    Daken: Dark Wolverine.

I believe the Hambit interaction was during his crossover with X-23. I believe it was #8.

Yeah i agree , im not sure why the wrote him the way they did but he was written as a far less nuanced, less complex person and more like a bad caricature, and as someone else stated in this thread irredeemable. These guys wanted him to seem like a 2 dimensional lost cause and it derailed Daken as a character for a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    Let's hope the writer for the new Wolverine series doesn't take notes from; Sina G, Rick Remender, and Jason Aaron. These three ruined Daken's development, specifically Remender.
    What has Remender not ruined...

Unffff.

Hopefully that means now’s the time to post some comfortable sexual tension:

Bless you : D

Fun fact, that Secret Wars cover from the first scan was done by Chip.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Long time lurker here! Great thread, Daken's my favorite character.
    I have high hopes for the Wolverine solo! The writer seems to know what they're doing. Let's hope they don't follow Remender/Grace's atrocious characterization.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gealach View Post
    Long time lurker here! Great thread, Daken's my favorite character.
    I have high hopes for the Wolverine solo! The writer seems to know what they're doing. Let's hope they don't follow Remender/Grace's atrocious characterization.
    I still love that Daken conducted his entire evil plan while drunk AF. That was lovely and pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I still love that Daken conducted his entire evil plan while drunk AF. That was lovely and pretty sad.
    I mean, Remender's execution was good and emotionally gripping, but the whole idea was still based on the mischaracterization of Daken just to fit his narrative and on ignoring the fact the Daken was supposd to be dead at that time, just so he can kill him again to add a dramatic chapter in Logan's life. So most fans will remain sore about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    I'm scared that they will continue Grace's Daken characterization because that's the last one we have... I will send cookies to the X office when they finally figure out how to write a bisexual character without the evil bisexual stereotypes and how not to use bisexuality as a plot

He was an interesting character to use in the Iceman series, and he made a good foil for Iceman. But they still used him mostly as an 'evil bisexual', especially in that awful Winters End issue. I miss the nuance and tragedy to him. Seeing him improve as a person around Laura and Gabby was great.

BANNED

Remender made him a tank top wearing beer chugging douchebro which was decades removed from the work Liu had been doing on the character to the point it was offensive. Im still seething over that one.

Anyway Daken and Shinobi are both on the island atm. This is the best opportunity for a bisexual double patricide party. If not now, when? If not us, who???

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I like the top right, a half mask/muzzle looks great.
    That one was intended to have a Japanese touch in the style. I do hope one day Marvel will give Daken a new costume, strictly Japanese style only. I'm not happy about how much his heritage gets unutilized and ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    When will someone follow up on the path Liu forged for Daken? Literally no other writer have come close to making him interesting. Tragic.
    Liu was indeed the only writer who gave him personality and didn't just use him for being trash. I wish she were back to write Daken again. Interesting to see the huge difference in approach between male writers and when a female writer writes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It would be fun if Hickman/Zdarsky remembered that We've already been given some fanservice, I would love to see a nod back at Johnny/Daken, it was very much intentional when Liu wrote them.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    One of my favorite characters. I will forgive all my problems with HoXPoX if he actually has a relationship with Logan during the new Wolverine series. There was an interview about the upcoming series he was mentioned in.

I missed him in All New Wolverine. His relationship with Laura and Gabby was adorable.
    I'm curious, what were your problems with hox/pox? Since Krakoa sets a new and more positive status quo for mutants and everyone seems to get new chances and roles, I'm hoping for Logan and Daken to finally have something new too. I don't want to see the writers continue the eternal daddy issues....

Yeah, that interview is what made me hopeful. Whenever Daken showed up in a Wolverine story/series, that always meant only bad for him. But in the interview he was mentioned in a positive way; I want this series to be the first one where it's actually good for both of them and give them some meaningful interactions, rather than having Daken around as a throw-away plot device for Logan.
    Nrama: Wolverine’s been through a lot in the last few years – death, resurrection, hot claws, death and cloning on Krakoa. What’s Logan’s status quo when this series launches?
    Percy: Here’s what I can say. You all know - from reading House of X and Powers of X -about the paradigm shift. The mutants have declared sovereignty. Krakoa is now not just a nation but a sanctuary. So Logan, like most of the mutants, has never been better, happier (and I know very well that happiness is not a word often associated with Wolverine).
    He’s surrounded by family. I’m talking about Daken and X-23, and I’m talking about the Summers, and I’m talking about the father figure of Professor X - but I’m also talking about mutantkind more generally.
    The question is…(cue the sinister music)…can this last?
    Last edited by DAHX; 11-01-2019 at 12:57 PM.