Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    A basic Google image search gave me SO MUCH amazing Daken fanart I didn't know existed. My favorite are the ones where he's a little kid dragged around by an exasperated Logan.
    You mean this?

There are some good ones

They're so good!

Did they ever have anything like an explanation for how Romulus could like teleport or do any of his clearly supernatural junk? I think I saw on TvTropes or the Marvel wiki that they handwaved it away with a telepath nearby or something but I don't recall ever actually reading that.
    Last edited by pkingdom; 11-06-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    You mean this?

There are some good ones

These give me life. I haven't seen the one with Daken wearing a muzzle lol

Here's a stupid idea: team book with Daken, Loki, Skaar, Thane and Ahura Boltagon form a team/support group for character with terrible fathers. If at least one issue, if not the whole thing, isn't called Daddy Issues its a waste.

Can have Thor guest star in an issue when he learns of ANOTHER awful, terrible thing that Odin lied to everyone about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    These give me life. I haven't seen the one with Daken wearing a muzzle lol
    That muzzle makes me chuckle every time

Here's a stupid idea: team book with Daken, Loki, Skaar, Thane and Ahura Boltagon form a team/support group for character with terrible fathers. If at least one issue, if not the whole thing, isn't called Daddy Issues its a waste.

Can have Thor guest star in an issue when he learns of ANOTHER awful, terrible thing that Odin lied to everyone about.

Daken could definitely use some therapy lol But I would want to see his issues being addressed regarding not just Logan but his adoptive father, Akihira too. I mean, Daken had at least one good father figure in his life who loved him, so he can kinda compare him and Logan to each other. He also shot himself in the head in front of Daken, so speaking of daddy issues...

I wouldnt say Logan is a bad father towards Daken, sure things haven't bin perfectly executed between them and some bad and inconsistent writing certainly didnt help but Wolverine loves his son.As for Bruce and his son Skaar, they definitely had a rocky start( much like everyone else on the list) and the whole training Skaar to commit patricide was complicating but the two made amends and are on good terms though im not sure they've spoken since after hulks funeral

They're all pretty bad fathers. Logan ditched Laura at school, and barely tried to help Daken. Inconsistent writing hit him hard. And Bruce depowered and abandoned Skaar in Paris the last time they met.

Anyone want to share more fanart? I don't want this topic to get buried. Daken is my favorite mutant.

Anyone want to share more fanart? I don't want this topic to get buried. Daken is my favorite mutant.
    Then just keep having conversations and sharing fanart

Here you go some more Kevin Wada who makes an effort to make Daken look Japanese:

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Then just keep having conversations and sharing fanart

Here you go some more Kevin Wada who makes an effort to make Daken look Japanese:

Damn, you got me. Also, hot damn that's nice. Some of the official art can't decide if Daken is a stud or kind of gross looking. I prefer a bad boy stud.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Gulo View Post
    I wouldnt say Logan is a bad father towards Daken, sure things haven't bin perfectly executed between them and some bad and inconsistent writing certainly didnt help but Wolverine loves his son.As for Bruce and his son Skaar, they definitely had a rocky start( much like everyone else on the list) and the whole training Skaar to commit patricide was complicating but the two made amends and are on good terms though im not sure they've spoken since after hulks funeral
    I think both Bruce and Logan were the best fathers they could be. Let's be honest, Daken isn't an easy person to deal with and unlike Skaar, he wasn't a kid by the time Logan met him. He was a grown man who was just an awful person to everyone he came across. Skaar has the benefit of not being a trash person, but a rather thoughtful kid who really was just sort of doing his best.

Now, to be fair to Daken, we saw fairly quickly just how he became the awful person he is. Along with just being a naturally violent and cruel person, he was abused and beaten into the killing machine he is pretty much right up into when we meet him. And unlike most characters, he doesn't even really get any sort of a redemption arc. It's more like he just sort of gradually breaks down. And while Laura gets an awful lot of credit with that, as she deserves, I think we don't give Logan enough credit.

Daken's safety is part of the reason why Logan takes Romulus out. He was rather OK with Daken killing him until he realized that Daken was, you know, also going to go through with the batshit insane plan of turning Evan into Apocalypse by basically abusing him the same way Romulus had abused him. Which is just horrifying on so many levels.

And then they've both been dead so much lately.

This is how I see it too. I don’t think Logan always did the best things, and I feel like sometimes he should have done more, sure, but not like he could have. Daken didn’t even let him talk to him and got super angry when Logan showed any sign of him caring about him. Other times he got angry when Logan didn’t care, so figure out what to do...

Logan also had many other problems to take care of, so it didn’t really help that Daken constantly tried to screw things up for him. I feel like Logan didn’t know what to do with Daken either; he did want to help, but how can you help when your son is conditioned to hate you more than anything, rejects you and blame you for everything that happened to him? And how can you help someone anyway who just learned his entire life was a lie and was mad as hell? Daken would have never listened to Logan or accepted any form of help from him, and he didn’t feel like he needed help either, as he didn’t see or admit to himself that he was messed up. And as I see he didn't really know what he wanted either.

But Daken’s behavior is understandable too. He was tortured and conditioned for decades, his life was stolen from him, and it suddenly turned out it was all just a lie, he was just a tool all along. Of course, he was excessively furious and didn't handle the situation well. He wanted Logan to hurt because he was hurting too. Logan knew Daken had a good reason to be angry, he understood very well what it’s like to be vengeful after being used by others. He was hoping that Daken would calm down after a while or find a way to handle himself, but he just didn’t.

As much as Logan wanted to help, he was in a situation where he couldn’t and all he could do is just watch his son being destructive, while Daken as much as he didn’t want to be defined by Logan and driven by his hatred towards him, he was unable to overcome it. So it was impossible for them to find common ground.

And add the fact to this all that writers never wanted them to find any kind of resolution because the purpose of Daken’s existence was to give Logan another source of hardship. If they had resolved the issue between them, there wouldn't have been stories to tell. So Daken’s only role remained to cause trouble for Logan, while Logan either didn’t do anything or failed to do anything.

And this is why I liked Daken’s reaction to Logan’s death, it felt like he finally realized that his hate was misplaced and it didn’t lead anywhere. I really want him to move on from his hate and anger finally, it lasted way too long already.
    I really want them(and the writers) to find another way because we literally saw everything by now. How many times can you tell a story about Daken hating Logan? Logan even killed him once when he went too far… Daken would be stupid to keep up with it. They both were dead, I hope they see things differently now.

Side note for Evan: this is the reason why Daken fans hated this story the most. Daken went through a lot of abuse as a child (and as an adult too), and he showed a few times before that he wouldn’t hurt children probably because he understands very well what that means. And Remender really ignored all of that and his past life experience and made him beat up a kid to show how awful he is, so Logan can kill him… yeah, it was messed up, but that’s something I hold against the writer… Daken is capable of many awful things, we know that very well already. But would be good if writers didn’t ignore and mess up his past just to make him even more awful and just to fit their narratives.

Similarly, that's why people hated Winter's End, because him casually and gleefully killing Laura was really out of character.

Also, first try at proper image uploading.

Edit: I'm dumb and can't get it to work, lol.
    Last edited by pkingdom; 11-08-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Reading Dark Wolverine RN, this is pretty good. Can't wait to read Laura and Dakens first encounter.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ah, Collision It's the best. Tell us what you think aftert you finished

Let me try this again. This is one of my favorite panels of Daken.