Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That one is less surprising since Slott had already gotten backlash over a scene from much earlier in his Spider-Man run where Chameleon supposedly slept with Peter's roommate while disguised as him. When people pointed out that was rape, Slott tried to backtrack and say they didn't have sex and only made out (which is still creepy). So he and editorial were probably aware of the **** storm that would've rained down had he written Otto to have sex with Mary Jane while masquerading as Peter.
    Not that it stopped them from pulling a similar situation with SpOck and Anna Maria Marconi.

That one is less surprising since Slott had already gotten backlash over a scene from much earlier in his Spider-Man run where Chameleon supposedly slept with Peter's roommate while disguised as him. When people pointed out that was rape, Slott tried to backtrack and say they didn't have sex and only made out (which is still creepy). So he and editorial were probably aware of the **** storm that would've rained down had he written Otto to have sex with Mary Jane while masquerading as Peter.
    Fred Van Lente wrote that arc, not Dan Slott.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, but also Slott just recently had Reed, Sue and the kids making fun of Johnny for the Lyja situation, which was also rape. But since the victim was a man, he probably thought it was funny.

Astonishing Member

While it doesn’t justify it, it can be hard to think about or understand the implications of fantastical elements. That’s why the mutant debate has gone on so long.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    You'll love sexy Aunt May
    Marisa is pretty hot.

Secret Wars 8. No not the Black Costume but having Spider-Man demolish Titania.
    Secret Wars 7. when the Wrecking Crew and Titania almost killed She-Hulk

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Marisa is pretty hot.
    Damn it, you're right

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

The Comics Code-approved '90s issue of Daredevil that casually mentions "teledildonics".

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, but also Slott just recently had Reed, Sue and the kids making fun of Johnny for the Lyja situation, which was also rape. But since the victim was a man, he probably thought it was funny.
    Marvel has a problem with treating female rapists as a joke or no big deal. See Moondragon being allowed to remain a hero or Ewing attempting to make Lorelei, a serial date-rapist, into a hero during his Loki run.

Also wanna add the undoing of Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver being Magneto's offspring and Dum Dum Dugan being a Life Model Android this whole time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Secret Wars 8. No not the Black Costume but having Spider-Man demolish Titania.
    Secret Wars 7. when the Wrecking Crew and Titania almost killed She-Hulk
    Yeah, a gang-beating like that . . . I wasn't expecting that when I first read that issue as a kid. As for Spider-Man demolishing Titania . . . superior speed, skill, and experience beats brute force and overconfidence (almost) every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Marvel has a problem with treating female rapists as a joke or no big deal. See Moondragon being allowed to remain a hero or Ewing attempting to make Lorelei, a serial date-rapist, into a hero during his Loki run.
    I would also bring up how Emma Frost's affair with Cyclops truly started, with him going to her for therapy. Looking back on it in that respect . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Also wanna add the undoing of Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver being Magneto's offspring and Dum Dum Dugan being a Life Model Android this whole time.
    At least Al Ewing undid that one in his New Avengers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I would say Gwenpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I would also bring up how Emma Frost's affair with Cyclops truly started, with him going to her for therapy. Looking back on it in that respect . . ..
    Oh oh! Pepper taking advantage of Tony Stark while in the process of him deleting his brain.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    It's Not only a Marvel Problem (e. g. Dick Grayson) but personally that's why I can't stand characters as Moondragon, Lorelei or Amora, (damn Amora even drugged her own sister and let her being raped) the last ones not only are serial rapist but sometimes their rappe attemps are portayed as "romantic", "tragic" or even "heroic"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I would also bring up how Emma Frost's affair with Cyclops truly started, with him going to her for therapy. Looking back on it in that respect . . .
    I had a brief argument in the Scott Summers appreciation thread about why that affair was less "Damn Scott, can't be faithful" and more "Emma should lost her license for abusing a mental scarred patient who wanted marriage counselor".
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Scott wasn’t paying her, so she wasn’t his official therapist.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip