Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Celebrating Spider-Man's 700th issue by having him switch bodies with a villain, him dying in that villain's body, and that villain swinging off into the sunset with a happy ending
    I was more shocked about what came afterwards, spoilers:
    when Marvel showed great care in not allowing "the villain" to act upon his impulses whenever he was with MJ. I suppose chivalry ain't dead.
    end of spoilers

In this day and age, that's the biggest surprise of all.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    At the time, the biggest surprise for me was Monica Rambeau getting the moniker of Captain Marvel. I never, ever, ever thought Marvel would permanently allow something like that. And as it turns out, I was right.
    There's a corporate reason for that: Marvel likes to have the rights to the name "Captain Marvel". That's why when the trademarks rights for it fell (as DC had forced Fawcett Comics on court to cease publication of their Captain Marvel character some years before, accusing it to be a copyright violation of Superman), Marvel quickly made up their own "Captain Marvel" character and published it. Some years later they wanted to turn their attention away from the cosmic angle and so they killed Warlock, Thanos, Gamora, Pip and Marvel; but the corporate reasons were still standing. If they simply let the name to fall into the nostalgia realm after the graphic novel, they would eventually lose the trademark rights. And coming back from the dead was still an unusual thing in comics. Which means that some other different character would use the name. And that's the reason why there will ALWAYS be a "Captain Marvel" being published while Marvel exists. It may be Mahr Vehl, Monica, Carol, Genis, anyone you think; but the name will always be under use.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What's that Mark Millar book "Trouble" about?
    "Cable was right!"

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What's that Mark Millar book "Trouble" about?
    It shows the true parentage of Peter Parker, dun dun dun, Aunt May is actually his mother but Richard is still his father.

You may ask but how!? It's because May cheated on Ben with Richard got pregnant thought about getting a abortion but decided against it and ended up giving Peter to Richard and Mary because May had fundamentalist parents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trouble_(comics)
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 11-04-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Sounds like Millar was tripping (as usual) so I'll pass.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Sounds interesting. I'll give it a try.
    You'll love sexy Aunt May

Ultimate Member

Ultimate Wanda and Pietro being in an incestuous relationship, and, even more weirdly, when Cap quirks an eyebrow about it, the Wasp makes it sound like he's being old-fashioned and prudish to disapprove...

Oh Cap, it's the 21st century, everybody's boinking their siblings now, you old fogey!

ahaha I had completely forgotten 'Trouble' was a thing. That was... that was something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    ahaha I had completely forgotten 'Trouble' was a thing. That was... that was something special.
    Is is meant to be canon?

Bah. I have checked "Trouble". It was... trivial. Bland. I have seen a band of 4 BFF teenagers (2 male and 2 female) some weeks ago, in Riverdale. Is this supposed to be a twisted and complicated backstory for Peter Parker? Because it's nowhere near all the infernal nightmares that Betty Cooper, Veronica Lodge, Jughead Jones and Cheryl Blossom had to cope with in their own families.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Is is meant to be canon?
    The wiki article charliehustle posted implies it was meant to be canon but the fans were like "No, Mark".
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The wiki article charliehustle posted implies it was meant to be canon but the fans were like "No, Mark".
    Correct, and I believe after Secret Wars it is definitely not canon anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I was more shocked about what came afterwards, spoilers:
    when Marvel showed great care in not allowing "the villain" to act upon his impulses whenever he was with MJ. I suppose chivalry ain't dead.
    end of spoilers

In this day and age, that's the biggest surprise of all.
    That one is less surprising since Slott had already gotten backlash over a scene from much earlier in his Spider-Man run where Chameleon supposedly slept with Peter's roommate while disguised as him. When people pointed out that was rape, Slott tried to backtrack and say they didn't have sex and only made out (which is still creepy). So he and editorial were probably aware of the **** storm that would've rained down had he written Otto to have sex with Mary Jane while masquerading as Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That one is less surprising since Slott had already gotten backlash over a scene from much earlier in his Spider-Man run where Chameleon supposedly slept with Peter's roommate while disguised as him. When people pointed out that was rape, Slott tried to backtrack and say they didn't have sex and only made out (which is still creepy). So he and editorial were probably aware of the **** storm that would've rained down had he written Otto to have sex with Mary Jane while masquerading as Peter.
    What issue was this?