Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Wow it really starts out good.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That's the thing about this status quo; she doesn't even have to. She dies here and she'll just be resurrected on Krakoa with all the info she gathered. There's literally no risk.
    Just because a person can be resurrected doesn't make them any less reluctant to die. It's probably not a very pleasant experience. Also, there are a lot of very terrible things you can do to a person that won't kill them.

At any rate, it's probably moot because:
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think domino will be fine. Given her luck wolverine and Colossus will be busting in at any second.
    This is probably correct. I doubt they would send in Dom without any backup.

The Hellfire speculation is interesting, but I doubt a story that so heavily features the Club is going to come up outside of Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    It would be interesting for them to use the deaths to their advantage sort of like Happy Death Day 2U. They obtain information, die, and bring it back in their resurrected bodies.
    That's pretty much what Moira has already done though.

I love domino

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Until something happens back on Krakoa and someone sabotages the five OR the database and we lose an entire squad permanently.
    Yeah, but what’s stopping Elixir from just resurrecting any fallen member of the Five. Not to mention there are several mutants who could fill in for multiple roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, but what’s stopping Elixir from just resurrecting any fallen member of the Five. Not to mention there are several mutants who could fill in for multiple roles.
    True. But if all of the Cerebro database was wiped or all of Sinister’s dna got destroyed....

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    True. But if all of the Cerebro database was wiped or all of Sinister’s dna got destroyed....
    They’re kinda screwed but they also do five backups of the entire database and have placed them in secure areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Let's see how she gets put of this one.
    *STAB STAB STAB* *UGH* *DIES*

*SPLORP* Welcome back Domino! Sorry about you dying back there... BTW it's your turn to wash dishes at Club X.

"Awwww Xavier.... *pouts and storms off*

*audience laugh track* *Xavier shrugs and two-steps out of frame*

They’re kinda screwed but they also do five backups of the entire database and have placed them in secure areas.
    I’m just saying that someone on the inside like Mystique, would take their time and find out where the backups are and cause all kinds of problems. We still don’t know what she was up to on the space station mission... Took a wrong turn my ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I love domino
    So does wolverine and cable.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That's the thing about this status quo; she doesn't even have to. She dies here and she'll just be resurrected on Krakoa with all the info she gathered. There's literally no risk.
    That's not true. The retained knowledge after death then rebirth only applies to Moira.
    If Domino dies there...when she's resurrected on Krakoa she'll have the memories/info of her backed up mind (which Xavier would have stored before she went on the mission) not the knowledge of the mission itself. That's why Scott was asking if they succeeded when the group was resurrected in PoX, he did not know.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    So does wolverine and cable.
    And Colossus.

Mighty Member

I think only Hope and Proteus can be potentially replaced, by Synch and Jamie Braddock respectively. I don't see who could replace Elixir(Triage was depowered), Tempus(no other time manipulator) and Goldballs(no other mutant can create the eggs). And if those three are gone then their abilities cannot be copied by another mutant.

This is one of the books I was looking forward to the most! Mainly for Sage though. I hope she gets some good action moments here and isn't just sitting at a computer the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    This is one of the books I was looking forward to the most! Mainly for Sage though. I hope she gets some good action moments here and isn't just sitting at a computer the whole time.
    Replying because I don't want to make a reply that basically says the same thing.

I like the tone of the preview pages. We need at least one book to be dark and gritty. I felt Marauders was too cartoony and silly for me (though I did like it as a whole), Excalibur was great in my opinion, but this is what I was missing. I want a book with an edge and I want some drama. I like that Beast, Sage, and Jean will be in the darker book. I want to see what each brings to the mutant version of the CIA.