Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Interesting he is all-in on this status quo at least in that interview. No true mutant villains apparently at least for now. Might upset a lot of fans but we'll see.

I still am boggled they chose Beast, Jean, and Quire for this kind of a squad though. Jean I can almost be ok with but Beast and Quire... I mean there are so many characters tailor-made for this squad they're passing on to force a square peg into a round hole here... meh it's alright. I'm definitely intrigued by this book for sure, we need something like this to contrast against the likes of Excalibur (or Marauders if it leans too far into the silliness)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Interesting he is all-in on this status quo at least in that interview. No true mutant villains apparently at least for now. Might upset a lot of fans but we'll see.

I still am boggled they chose Beast, Jean, and Quire for this kind of a squad though. Jean I can almost be ok with but Beast and Quire... I mean there are so many characters tailor-made for this squad they're passing on to force a square peg into a round hole here... meh it's alright. I'm definitely intrigued by this book for sure, we need something like this to contrast against the likes of Excalibur (or Marauders if it leans too far into the silliness)
    Beast is part of the brains that will help uncover any covert schemes to harm mutants and the nation so I can see him. I'm not a Quire fan but interested in seeing how he plays into all of this.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Beast is part of the brains that will help uncover any covert schemes to harm mutants and the nation so I can see him. I'm not a Quire fan but interested in seeing how he plays into all of this.
    Yeah but Beast's pretty much entire characterization for the past, hmm... 5 make that more like 8? At least years is to literally oppose any kind of an "X-Force".

And they already have Sage for that role not to mention there are others who can do it whose personalities would actually align with the team ethos. Beast is more a biologist anyway I don't see him so much as a like "strategist" in that sense. But they're gonna change him around I guess, and again that will probably make Beast cooler at least for me but still. There are other characters they could use who are much much more apt.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Beast makes sense for this squad IMO.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Beast only opposed X-force if Scott was involved

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah but Beast's pretty much entire characterization for the past, hmm... 5 make that more like 8? At least years is to literally oppose any kind of an "X-Force".

And they already have Sage for that role not to mention there are others who can do it whose personalities would actually align with the team ethos. Beast is more a biologist anyway I don't see him so much as a like "strategist" in that sense. But they're gonna change him around I guess, and again that will probably make Beast cooler at least for me but still. There are other characters they could use who are much much more apt.
    Sage makes bith of Beast and Jean redundant. I guess team needs backups.

BANNED

She's a fun character, but you do need two human personalities to make up for Sage's lack thereof.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Percy: You might be familiar with the laws - or commandments - that came out of House of X/Powers of X. The rules that would define the standards of the Krakoan nation. One of them was to murder no human.

This…does not apply to X-Force.
    The title for those who want to watch mutants gleefully killing humans without the restraints of Krakoa Law 2. Catharsis.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Hopefully, they’ll go after the Pretender.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You can try and rationalize it and create a headcanon for it but truth is that those are just conflicting stories. Astonishing annual Jean was depressed, tired and willing to give up. Red annual Jean was determined and active and trying to do the most. I don't see how her specific ideas and ideologies are the focal point here. Xavier didn't put those on her mind. He did on her the same thing that he did to Bobby, Warren and Hank.

I think Rosenberg probably wanted to get X-Men Red where he would write 11 issues of emo Jean, like he did with Scott on Uncanny. But Taylor got Red instead so he tried to find a way to insert his ideas somewhere.
    In noting the difference in tone, we must doubly note that the Astonishing Annual was Rosenberg. We can kinda tell that his opinion on the character is that she should be generally displeased with what she is, nevermind that Jean ultimately embraced and owned her life and her power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    The title for those who want to watch mutants gleefully killing humans without the restraints of Krakoa Law 2. Catharsis.
    X-Force has been a squad with a kill option since the 2000s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    True story. I love Hank’s hypocrisy, though. I appreciate it as his tragic flaw.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Precisely. People can try and argue with that, but Hank was still with Logan after he found out about him running X-Force while being headmaster. That's how it was presented for readers.

Thankfully, the days of jerk Beast are far behind us.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Hopefully, they’ll go after the Pretender.
    Should make a Soul Society style arc with Wanda, and the Avengers try to rescue her from Cyclops and his other 12 captains.

The key difference being that the execution through flame bird is never thwarted. Let Jean roll over her.

I like my Beast grey and I like my Beast greasy. Ethics schmethics! I want a post-credits scene of Hank putting one of his hairs in Scott's coffee! And Scott notices it, but just keeps on drinking like nothing happened.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate