Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I've been in forests less shady then Miss CC.
    I agree

A bit? He just don't like anything in the X-Men that isn't his.
    I think he´s like US fans, writers are the ultimate fan boys and there are stories they like and others they like to avoid, Claremont just happens to enjoy to tease fans given his part building the X-men mythos, I can see him enjoying teasing us about him being like "I don´t care for other´s ppl take on the X-men at all, sue me" and then he goes and makes a story about current marvel continuity who takes from all big or small storylines of the characters he is using. He´s like that imo
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-02-2019 at 01:04 PM.

BANNED

If I knew I made the best lasagna in the world I wouldnt want to try eating ANY. ONE else lasagna. So I can see his point.

If I knew I made the best lasagna in the world I wouldnt want to try eating ANY. ONE else lasagna. So I can see his point.
    Especially if you added a particular flavor that made that lasagna so delicious everyone else keeps using it
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's not just Claremont, Kurt Busiek also said in his thread when I asked him that he finds it hard to keep up with characters he wrote and only does it when he needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's not just Claremont, Kurt Busiek also said in his thread when I asked him that he finds it hard to keep up with characters he wrote and only does it when he needs to.
    it happens, some characters like wolverine have way too many appareances to keep count on them.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

XMen was political from the beginning, Claremont just made it work better. Also I think he said he hated HoXPoX but Maestroneto can confirm? He'll read it if he's offered a book probably.
    I can’t confirm it but from what we know of his vision for the characters and his reasons for why Morrison’s run didn’t work, it’s safe to assume he’d hate the HiX-Men.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Whatever...Claremont could not read any other X-Men for all I care (that mentality, if true, alone says a lot about him and explains why his recent stint on New Mutants was gawd-awful, saved only by Sienkiewicz's art.) His opinion on HoX/PoX is irrelevant and unwanted.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Most older creators don't like to keep up with series they worked on because it feels weird. It feels weird for classic talents to have their babies go to someone else when they did not work at a time when the baton pass system was well established and everyone knew these books would never end. For Lord Claremont, who basically became this franchise by feasting on the flesh of a dead god and forming an X using its bones, this effect is amplified tenfold. So let's be fair to him!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Whatever...Claremont could not read any other X-Men for all I care (that mentality, if true, alone says a lot about him and explains why his recent stint on New Mutants was gawd-awful, saved only by Sienkiewicz's art.) His opinion on HoX/PoX is irrelevant and unwanted.
    He cannot have an opinion on HoX/PoX if he doesn't read them.
    I, on the other hand, would have liked to have his opinion on HoX/PoX not as the "creator" of the X-men but as a writer who has written countless stories, written countless dialogues… The point of vue of an professional is interesting: to the "I like it/I don't like it", I think he can add other points for thought.
    But, if the subject is too sensitive for him…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    He cannot have an opinion on HoX/PoX if he doesn't read them.
    I, on the other hand, would have liked to have his opinion on HoX/PoX not as the "creator" of the X-men but as a writer who has written countless stories, written countless dialogues… The point of vue of an professional is interesting: to the "I like it/I don't like it", I think he can add other points for thought.
    But, if the subject is too sensitive for him…
    We are talking about the writer of the graphic X-men novel "God loves, Man kills" I don´t think he´s sensitive about the subject, if he really doesn´t like the new status quo which we are not sure yet it´s the case, probably it´s because the X-men have stopped trying to meld into society and taken a more separatist pov. I doubt this is the case, because as a writer he knows perfectly you need to introduce conflict into the story before going about solving it and the concept/existence of Krakoa is a very good way to force the X-men to confront the other sides and heroes of the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    We are talking about the writer of the graphic X-men novel "God loves, Man kills" I don´t think he´s sensitive about the subject, if he really doesn´t like the new status quo which we are not sure yet it´s the case, probably it´s because the X-men have stopped trying to meld into society and taken a more separatist pov. I doubt this is the case, because as a writer he knows perfectly you need to introduce conflict into the story before going about solving it and the concept/existence of Krakoa is a very good way to force the X-men to confront the other sides and heroes of the MU.
    On the matter of sensitive subjects, I was thinking more about his beloved characters manipulating by other writers.
    I view him more as an author interested by dilemmas where the characters can show their true colors and reveal themselves, more an intimist author and HoX/PoX don't show any of that: no much doubt, no much hesitation… Is he really interested by the kind of society the mutants can achieve? The relationships between mutants and non-mutants? During decades, Xavier had a dream but Claremont didn't explain how this dream could have become real…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Most older creators don't like to keep up with series they worked on because it feels weird. It feels weird for classic talents to have their babies go to someone else when they did not work at a time when the baton pass system was well established and everyone knew these books would never end. For Lord Claremont, who basically became this franchise by feasting on the flesh of a dead god and forming an X using its bones, this effect is amplified tenfold. So let's be fair to him!
    Agreed. He's doing his thing and that's cool.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    On the matter of sensitive subjects, I was thinking more about his beloved characters manipulating by other writers.
    I view him more as an author interested by dilemmas where the characters can show their true colors and reveal themselves, more an intimist author and HoX/PoX don't show any of that: no much doubt, no much hesitation… Is he really interested by the kind of society the mutants can achieve? The relationships between mutants and non-mutants? During decades, Xavier had a dream but Claremont didn't explain how this dream could have become real…
    Agreed, Claremont usually is more interested in the personal pov of each character reacting to the context around them, as a reader I also enjoy reading about it, I would not say sensitive about the characters being used by others, more like nostalgic and like Snoop Dogg said, it´s weird for creators to see the characters they worked on for so much time having other writers make something quite different with them.

It´s true HOX and POX didn´t show much of individual character work that but I am sure Dawn of X will tackle that, HOX and POX was just the introduction of the new status quo for the X-men, which I am sure Claremont knows, he probably knows more about the long time plan Hickman has for the X-men than us because writers that are going to work on projects need to know that to have in mind while writting their own stories.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-03-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I want to step away from all the handwringing over mutant pride and polyamory to talk about how Jonathan Hickman is nothing but a ****ing fanboy.

First of all, he took our collective cynicism about death in the X-books and completely turned it on its head by rendering it moot and bringing back everyone. Now all his favorites and everyone else’s favorites are on the table. The ****ing nerve of that guy.

Second, he took the classic care bear stare that brought about the original demise of Krakoa and made it a centerpiece of Krakoan culture. Mutants working together to achieve the impossible? Pshaw

Third, he dares to pepper his books with subtle nods to the past, including lifting quotes from past comics so high priestess Storm could verify the identities of the heroes of Krakoa to the citizens of Krakoan. What kind of loser can’t even write his own material? A f***ing fanboy, that’s who.

Fourth, this man had the gall to admit he turned down several pitches from his peers that tore down parts of the mythology. Who the hell does he think he is? If other writers enjoy this cycle of destruction and don’t want to be additive, who is he to stop them?

What do you think about his decision to do these things?

What other things has he done to prove he’s nothing but a f***ing fanboy?

How else has his sense of entitlement served to lift up the franchise?

Did we even say we wanted to be lifted?

SMH
    Yea, put me down!

There.

Wait...
    fullsizeoutput_1a4.jpg

um,

fullsizeoutput_1a3.jpg

sorry I'm not used to that sort of...
    people don't usually...
    it's not nice to feel...nice...you know...it's...um

...did you really mean me, me?

I'd rather walk, but, it's okay if you want to hold my hand when we cross, if you really want to...
    Last edited by sungila; 11-03-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote