Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It’s sad that he’s already had to shut down writers who ALREADY want to break stuff in the new status quo. Those are the exact type of writers that shouldn’t be touching the X-Mythos, especially rn of all times.
    People who want to break stuff AND people who want to do meta-commentary on the status quo (100% a Claremont pitch)

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    People who want to break stuff AND people who want to do meta-commentary on the status quo (100% a Claremont pitch)
    Oof. I can definitely see him writing a story where Kate goes off to some bar, renounces everything about Krakoa, talking about how times were simpler and better during the 80s status quo, and tells people at the bar to keep calling her Kitty. Then, Moira’s grandad’s ghost comes in to say that he hates his granddaughter and also makes out with Kate. Then, she talks about wanting to be President but goes back to Krakoa for whatever reason.

Hickman will be resurrected and write the X-Books forever.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

I don't understand the point of this thread, but I will argue that the only difference between this fanboy and other fanboys is that this one clearly got hired by someone who is a fanboy of him. /shrug

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Remember when Hickman made X-Men a Cyclops solo even tho the solicits mention stories for other X-Men like Mystique?
    What a fanboy. Don't @ me, thots.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I don't understand the point of this thread, but I will argue that the only difference between this fanboy and other fanboys is that this one clearly got hired by someone who is a fanboy of him. /shrug
    The point is to celebrate the fact that he’s put everyone and everything back on the table and that he manages to demonstrate his love of the franchise without choking us with toxic nostalgia (coughcoughguggenheimcoughcough). We’re in the midst of a renaissance, and some here choose to focus on assumed implications (re: make more mutants). This isn’t Gilead, dears. This is Krakoa.

Has he really put everything back on the table?
    I mean sure some old favorites are finally back from the dead but they're still just wallpaper for the same people who were already front and center of everything and keeping everyone else 'off the table' so to speak.
    And I'm not sure I trust some writers not to use the whole 'The Five can bring people back' thing as an excuse for more death and destruction because "they'll just be back lol"

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I don't understand the point of this thread...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I feel like Moses

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Has he really put everything back on the table?
    I mean sure some old favorites are finally back from the dead but they're still just wallpaper for the same people who were already front and center of everything and keeping everyone else 'off the table' so to speak.
    Hope, Tempus, Elixir, Egg, Proteus, and Doug became vitally important to the mutant people overnight. Let's see what else the X-Writers have in store. :-)

That is too eerie If you look in the top left corner that yellow section looks just like Destiny mask. lol

It's actually people standing on something but the shape and their pattern.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hope, Tempus, Elixir, Egg, Proteus, and Doug became vitally important to the mutant people overnight. Let's see what else the X-Writers have in store. :-)
    In a way, they've also been taken off the table.
    I mean, unless we get a book specifically about daily life on Krakoa will be see them as more than cameos ever? (And like was just said in Excalibur...'Egg' won't stick)

BANNED

Let’s not forget Moira and even Destiny. The latter is literally the one character explicitly kept off the table, and she’s arguably just had the greatest moment in her history. Everybody is gonna be shook when that grandame of mutantkind makes her inevitable return.

BANNED

I mean, unless we get a book specifically about daily life on Krakoa will be see them as more than cameos ever? (And like was just said in Excalibur...'Egg' won't stick)
    No, they haven’t. They all went from not being used to being thrust to the center of the entire franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That is too eerie If you look in the top left corner that yellow section looks just like Destiny mask. lol

It's actually people standing on something but the shape and their pattern.
    Woah, I totally see it and it's spooky. Nice catch!

Well let's see as we have a rotating cast for X-Men. I never thought I'd see Vulcan ever again but here we are. Mondo too!