Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Critics can call Hickman's work whatever they want. The thing about this new status quo is not only the progression of mutantkind as a people and creating their own culture and identity on their own terms, but the mere fact that Hickman actually took the time and effort into gathering the writers of the different books and charting out a cohesive plan and narrative. What I love about this is the fact Hickman has given the X-Books and franchise something they haven't had in over a decade: direction. Not just any direction, but a direction that allows for organic growth for both the storylines and the characters involved. It's this very reason why I've gone back to being a fan that checks in on virtually every issue instead of just checking in on landmark issues and reading the rest in trades. The only other line in Marvel that has a similar setup would be Immortal Hulk, which has revitalized my interest in the Hulk books, as well.

Big ups to Hickman for setting the X-Men on the better path.
    I agree with all the points you raised. Except for Immortal Hulk (I can't agree, or disagree on something I haven't read)
    I didn't care anymore about the X-Books. Flagship ? Core books ? Satellite books ? I didn't care for years (except for X-Men Red, because of Taylor's Jean Grey. And the Art was great, despite too many artists change)

Now, I feel like the books are on the right track again. I feel like a fanboy again. Like you, I'm checking weekly to read the books. And yes, they have a direction, and they all (so far) feel differ nets. Each have its own "taste". And damn, it tastes very good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    LMAO did grandpa Claremont call Cyclops a terrorist?
    It was definitely terrorist or mutant supremacist or whatever.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Confirmed. Blindfold s the daughter of Destiny and Mystique.
    Well, considering their age, she could be a grandaughter or greatgrandaughter.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    LMAO. But Magneto's the sweet, misunderstood anti-hero grandpa, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I wish I knew how to hold my money the way he holds a grudge against a literal cartoon. God bless his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I wish I knew how to hold my money the way he holds a grudge against a literal cartoon. God bless his soul.
    I don't understand how anyone can have literal hate for a character. Especially when you're a writer.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Oof. I can definitely see him writing a story where Kate goes off to some bar, renounces everything about Krakoa, talking about how times were simpler and better during the 80s status quo, and tells people at the bar to keep calling her Kitty. Then, Moira’s grandad’s ghost comes in to say that he hates his granddaughter and also makes out with Kate. Then, she talks about wanting to be President but goes back to Krakoa for whatever reason.
    lmao'd way too much at this.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I don't understand how anyone can have literal hate for a character. Especially when you're a writer.
    Claremont doesn't hate Cyclops, he hates Jim Shooter. It's just that in his mind, the two are one and the same. Also, seems pretty clear Maddie became a stand-in for someone he cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Claremont doesn't hate Cyclops, he hates Jim Shooter. It's just that in his mind, the two are one and the same. Also, seems pretty clear Maddie became a stand-in for someone he cares about.
    I knew that CC had some - not so good - history with editors. Didn't know he hated Jim Shooter. Yet, I still don't understand CC's projection on poor Scott.
    Oh Shooter! I get it now. Cyclops is a beam force shooter...

How dare he come into this franchise and make me buy his books! The nerve of that guy making interesting storylines.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I approve of everything in this thread.

What were some of the pitches?
    GrindrStone(D)

Saw the OP and:

What the what did I just read?!
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I knew that CC had some - not so good - history with editors. Didn't know he hated Jim Shooter. Yet, I still don't understand CC's projection on poor Scott.
    Oh Shooter! I get it now. Cyclops is a beam force shooter...
    To be fair, I don’t like shooter much either, but it does seem silly to then associate the guy with cyclops.

The changing of the thread title is hilarious.