Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Confirmed. Blindfold s the daughter of Destiny and Mystique.
    I think it was confirmed she wasn't during the comicbook that panel was from.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    To be fair, I don’t like shooter much either, but it does seem silly to then associate the guy with cyclops.
    Of course. That's why I tried this "force beam shooter" far-fetched explanation, as a joke.
    Unless Jim Shooter himself told many times to CC that Scott was his favorite character... But anyway, Cyclops shouldn't suffer of a writer's psychological transfer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    The changing of the thread title is hilarious.
    How dare they?!?

Hickman's direction for X-men is his right since he has been paid to write their adventures and he's on the seat but his take of X-men is just his opinion. It pleases much some and less others.
    I'm not angry against him, don't say "how dare he?", the X-men don't exist in a sort of parallel universe, they are just fictional, for me they begin and end with the authors — and comic artists — I like. Drawing a character like Storm and calling it Storm doesn't make her necessarily Storm for me. The same for all the characters.
    Do we need the kind of message Hickman he's sending to us? There is not place on Earth when a community can live isolated from the rest where nobody has ever been, there's no clean energy per se, we don't have magic powers to solve our problems and we are certainly not immortal so I feel that the X-men adventures are disconnected from today's problems. X-men vibes made sense for me before, it's no longer the case. I don't say you are wrong, just that we are different…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

How dare Hickman take a beloved but dead support character like Moira just to make her into a central character in the franchise with a planned solo just for her? What kind of fan does that?

Since when writers have to use the mythology and story of the franchise to make NEW stories instead of destroying/forgetting about it just to make the same story over and over again? I just donīt get this man XD

Now if he can bring Claremont and Carey back I donīt know what else to expect from him.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-02-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    How dare Hickman take a beloved but dead support character like Moira just to make her into a central character in the franchise with a planned solo just for her? What kind of fan does that?

Since when writers have to use the mythology and story of the franchise to make NEW stories instead of destroying/forgetting about it just to make the same story over and over again? I just donīt get this man XD

Now if he can bring Claremont and Carey back I donīt know what else to expect from him.
    Claremont doesn't read stories of the X-Men that aren't his own. He recently confirmed that he had not read anything about House of X or Powers of X.

There were rumors about Claremont making a new X-men story in the near future and I didnīt hear about him not reading HOX AND POX. Claremont is an old school type of writer, I doubt he doesnīt know what POX and HOX are about, he was the one who introduced the concept of the X-men as a political allegory after all and most of his stories have a political element, he also enjoys to tease fans so imo either heīs teasing us about his take on Hickmanīs X-men or he really didnītīt like the new story. Still heīs the kind of writer who takes the past or current story of the characters to make his own thing given the opportunity. I think he would like to play into the new status quo.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

XMen was political from the beginning, Claremont just made it work better. Also I think he said he hated HoXPoX but Maestroneto can confirm? He'll read it if he's offered a book probably.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    XMen was political from the beginning, Claremont just made it work better. Also I think he said he hated HoXPoX but Maestroneto can confirm? He'll read it if he's offered a book probably.
    I hope he won't get a DoX book, whatever wave it could be. His recent and also not so recent work (X-Treme) didn't appeal to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I don't know If he hates HOX but he hasn't read it

Captura.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Captura.jpg
    That's a weird way of wording it. I mean, I'd just say "I don't read the X-Men " lol. It gives a bit of a shady vibe to it.

That seems like he just likes to keep his vision of the characters, given all the stories he made about them I donīt blame him, but this doesnīt mean he doensīt know what HOX and POX are about ,especially considering JDW said this has been known in the X-office since he became X-editor. I think he looks at the X-men as "his babies", like sure marvel owns their rights but most of what makes the X-men the X-men was his work imo

Chris Claremont in Talks with Marvel About New X-Men Project with Salvador Larroca

In his livestream interview, Claremont doused that fire with a lot more fuel. Later in the interview when asked about coming back for more X-Men.

“That’s the trouble with falling in love with these idiots, Claremont said. “You can’t walk away no matter how hard you try. As a line was said in Godfather 3, ‘no matter how hard I try to walk out, they keep pulling me back in.’ I figure if Al Pacino can get away with it, I might as well give it a shot. On the other hand, when you’re given a chance to work with Bill… the possibility arose last week of me getting to work once more with Salva[dor Larroca]—“
    Asked whether fans need to worry about how it ties into House of X and Powers of X, Claremont said, “Oh god, no.”
    “I guess you better come to the panel tomorrow with me and C.B. and see what that’s all about,” Claremont continued, “because it will be as much of a surprise to me as it’ll be to you. And probably a surprise to C.B. as well.”
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...vador-larroca/
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-02-2019 at 12:51 PM.

BANNED

I've been in forests less shady then Miss CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Captura.jpg
    Claremont said that he onlly ever read x-men if he is working on the books. So safe to say Claremont isn't working with Hickman's x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That's a weird way of wording it. I mean, I'd just say "I don't read the X-Men " lol. It gives a bit of a shady vibe to it.
    A bit? He just don't like anything in the X-Men that isn't his.