Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And yet, she was away from her family for most of Spider-Geddon .
    They were at least doing their own thing concurrently .
    And hey, if Anya is in this, I'd prefer if she's as Araña too, 'cause in a setting with multiple Spider-People, different powers and costume can help someone to stand out, it was a problem Spider-Verse movie had with the almost identical Spider-People, the question is if Marvel would let them use her without her "Spider-Girl" stuff.
    I don't think Marvel has heavy creative control in Spider-Verse, otherwise expect Gwen to start randomly going by Ghost Spider for the most contrived reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think it's possible we might get someone closer to Annie, so that they can have a kid Spider, rather than another teenager like Miles or Gwen. Could easily still see them calling her Mayday anyway.
    Makes sense. If they do in fact include Anya, that would be 3 teenagers as part of the cast, I don't think they would add another.

Oh god, if Anya is included they're totally going for a love triangle, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Marvel has heavy creative control in Spider-Verse, otherwise expect Gwen to start randomly going by Ghost Spider for the most contrived reasons.
    Yeah, I don't think Marvel has control over a decision like that. At the same time, Anya isn't exactly a popular character, so they probably wouldn't even care if they decide to go with the Araña route.

I do hope that the comics would follow suit and also make Anya Araña again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Makes sense. If they do in fact include Anya, that would be 3 teenagers as part of the cast, I don't think they would add another.

Good God I hope not.
    The "romance" from the first movie was already bad as is, don't need to make it worse by using the most tired romantic writing cliche in the book.

Unless they pick up on her LGBTQ subtext .

Unless they pick up on her LGBTQ subtext .
    It would still be a love triangle, only instead Anya and Miles pursuing Gwen
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 11-06-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Hello everyone I’m new to the forums. I’ve been a huge Spider-Man fan all my life and into the spiderverse for me is quite possibly the greatest spidey movie ever made along side Spider-Man 2. I’ve seen the first spiderverse at least 14 times in theaters. I love it and I’m super pumped for the sequel and I’m sure I’ll end up loving it just as much as the original and see it multiple times ontop of that. I hope we see a lot of fan favorites appear like cyborg Spider-Man, spider-uk, spidersman, and spiderpunk. I hope we get to see some familiar faces return as well like peter b Parker, Spider-Man noir, Penni, and ham. I read about the film mostly focusing on miles and Gwen’s romance and I’m 100% down for it. I love how they are handling their development in the film than in the comics. They come across as very cute/adorable pair to me and loved their interacts in the first film and I can’t wait to see things develop even more between them in the sequel. The pair share the top spot as my second favorite spiders in the multiverse and of course 616 peter is my absolute favorite he is the best. I hope we get a much more bigger universal threat this time around as a main villain I would love to see the spiders go up against someone like Alistair Smythe and a army of spider-slayers, or Knull, prophet of Knull carnage, morlun and the inheritors just to name a few o and I know this guy is still new but I also wouldn’t mind them go up against some one like cadaverous and his xenomorph looking machine army if its written well. Hell I’ll be down for what ever Phil lord and Chris Miller come up with my butt will be in a Imax or 4dx movie chair day one just to experience this film�� it is literally my most anticipated movie of all right now even beating out my excitement for The Batman and Godzilla vs Kong. I hope to engage in friendly conversations and debates with all of you and make new friends and I hope everyone is just excited as I am for this even if it’s just a tiny bit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post

Hello everyone I’m new to the forums. I’ve been a huge Spider-Man fan all my life and into the spiderverse for me is quite possibly the greatest spidey movie ever made along side Spider-Man 2. I’ve seen the first spiderverse at least 14 times in theaters. I love it and I’m super pumped for the sequel and I’m sure I’ll end up loving it just as much as the original and see it multiple times ontop of that. I hope we see a lot of fan favorites appear like cyborg Spider-Man, spider-uk, spidersman, and spiderpunk. I hope we get to see some familiar faces return as well like peter b Parker, Spider-Man noir, Penni, and ham. I read about the film mostly focusing on miles and Gwen’s romance and I’m 100% down for it. I love how they are handling their development in the film than in the comics. They come across as very cute/adorable pair to me and loved their interacts in the first film and I can’t wait to see things develop even more between them in the sequel. The pair share the top spot as my second favorite spiders in the multiverse and of course 616 peter is my absolute favorite he is the best. I hope we get a much more bigger universal threat this time around as a main villain I would love to see the spiders go up against someone like Alistair Smythe and a army of spider-slayers, or Knull, prophet of Knull carnage, morlun and the inheritors just to name a few o and I know this guy is still new but I also wouldn’t mind them go up against some one like cadaverous and his xenomorph looking machine army if its written well. Hell I’ll be down for what ever Phil lord and Chris Miller come up with my butt will be in a Imax or 4dx movie chair day one just to experience this film�� it is literally my most anticipated movie of all right now even beating out my excitement for The Batman and Godzilla vs Kong. I hope to engage in friendly conversations and debates with all of you and make new friends and I hope everyone is just excited as I am for this even if it’s just a tiny bit lol.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I agree that the film handles Miles better than the comics, but I'm not super into the romance between him and Gwen. I don't think it was handled poorly at all, but I'm afraid of forced synergy from the comics. Also as cool as it is to expose people to the other Spider characters would be I feel like it'll be difficult to balance all these guys and they'll inevitably disappoint people if their favorite Spider doesn't get represented well. Before the teaser I was just hoping that Miguel and Miles would be costarring the sequel.

Astonishing Member

Personally, I wish for one of the new Spiders to appear would be a kid of Peter and MJ, either Mayday or Annie.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    I agree that the film handles Miles better than the comics, but I'm not super into the romance between him and Gwen. I don't think it was handled poorly at all, but I'm afraid of forced synergy from the comics. Also as cool as it is to expose people to the other Spider characters would be I feel like it'll be difficult to balance all these guys and they'll inevitably disappoint people if their favorite Spider doesn't get represented well. Before the teaser I was just hoping that Miguel and Miles would be costarring the sequel.
    As long as Gwen and Miles have their own respective solo books, I think it's safe to not expect a romance between the two of them in the immediate future.

Thank you, and idk I think Phil lord and Chris Miller are going to put their own stamp on the miles and Gwen stuff and give us something that’s more believable and satisfying than how it was poorly handled in the comics. And I don’t mind if any of my favorite spiders made appearance but I’m sure we’ll get a lot of interesting cameos or shoutouts to some of them. I’m completely fine with what ever they come up with and I’m sure I’m going to love it regardless.

I don't expect they'll go too overboard with multiple spiders, or at least most of them will probably be just cameos or visual jokes like everyone that wasn't Miles, Gwen, and Peter in the first movie.

Either way they'll probably handle them better then the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon handles it's Spider-Cast...

I don't expect they'll go too overboard with multiple spiders, or at least most of them will probably be just cameos or visual jokes like everyone that wasn't Miles, Gwen, and Peter in the first movie.

Either way they'll probably handle them better then the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon handles it's Spider-Cast...

Amen to that brotha, they definitely have a way better handle on juggling multiple spiderpeoplr than the Disney xd show that’s for sure.

Frontier! My goodness...

To be fair, I'll be surprised if she isn't going by "Ghost-Spider" lol.

Yeah, I don't think Marvel has control over a decision like that. At the same time, Anya isn't exactly a popular character, so they probably wouldn't even care if they decide to go with the Araña route.

I do hope that the comics would follow suit and also make Anya Araña again.
    Hear hear, or at least she could get a costume that is some mix of Araña and the Arachne one, no idea if something like that would work though, but it can take just a few cues from one or the other to stand out.

Would it also be asking for too much to have the armor back? It was kinda silly, sure, but hey, gave her something more unique when compared to other spiders, and standing out among them is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post

I think they should avoid something like Knull, like, Fisk worked in the movie because he's a character with motivations, helped make the movie more "grounded" even though it's about the multiverse, plus it's better to avoid symbiotes too, they can make it too convoluted.

But then again, maybe something that tries to kill Spiders around can work, just, give it more personality than Morluns/Knull lol.

As long as Gwen and Miles have their own respective solo books, I think it's safe to not expect a romance between the two of them in the immediate future.
    I dunno, my example is from a different company but, Supes and Diana were a thing during New 52.

But problem is, if it happens in the comics it'd probably have the same issues, with the more popular one (That being Miles) overtaking the other, so it could end up screwing up Gwen.

Could also limit the love interests in her own comic, but so far, I think she hasn't really shown interest in anyone?

Isn't that a really low bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hear hear, or at least she could get a costume that is some mix of Araña and the Arachne one, no idea if something like that would work though, but it can take just a few cues from one or the other to stand out.

Would it also be asking for too much to have the armor back? It was kinda silly, sure, but hey, gave her something more unique when compared to other spiders, and standing out among them is important.
    Yeah, I've thought of the idea of combining both suits, I imagine something similar of her Avengers Assemble costume, kinda like Jolyne Cujoh from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Imagine her having her Araña under the black coat, with the coat having the elements from the Arachne costume. I also think of the Spider-Man Rosy Higgins redesign or this redesign by Brakken.

As for the armor, they should just look at Kamen Rider for inspiration.