Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Too far away! Although 2022 is the 60th anniversary of Spider-Man. So it's no surprise. I'm excited! Wonder what this means for the various television shows and stuff

Peter Parked Car is revved up and ready to go!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Too far away! Although 2022 is the 60th anniversary of Spider-Man. So it's no surprise. I'm excited! Wonder what this means for the various television shows and stuff
    The next Tom Holland Spider-Man movie comes out in 2021. The next Venom comes out in 2020. So there's still a one Spider-Man movie per year thing going on.

BANNED

Not sure how excited I can be for this, while I did enjoy the first one I heard the romance is gonna get more focus and it(and Gwen) were already the worst parts of the first film.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Excited as hell. Spider-Verse raised the bar as to what superhero films should aspire to, it's good to have another to look forward to.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

alright i wasnt as hype for the movie when it first came out wonder whats the focus on the sequel?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

That's pretty far off, but gives them plenty of time for them to make sure the story, animation, and production is as stylish and great as it was for the first movie .

I'm just wondering if it's going to be the only animated Spider-Man production we have to look forward to in the future, what with Marvel's Spider-Man likely ending next year and the pre-school cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    alright i wasnt as hype for the movie when it first came out wonder whats the focus on the sequel?
    Last reported was that they were going to be adapting "sitting in a tree," the Miles/Spider-Gwen crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Last reported was that they were going to be adapting "sitting in a tree," the Miles/Spider-Gwen crossover.
    I guess thats okay Miles doesnt have a main girlfriend anyway.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Now that just sounds awful.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

If I had to make a prediction, I can see it being a Loose Adaptation of Sitting in a Tree and the Inheritor storyline. Have Miles, Gwen, and Peter B. all return, and the new Spiders be Miguel, Silk, and Ezekiel. Morlun as the Big Bad.

It starts with Miles and Gwen touring the different worlds and Peter B ends up third wheeling because he's having a midlife crisis over his impending fatherhood (leave it vague whether his kid is going to be Mayday or Annie May.) And then the three get roped into the Inheritor stuff.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

That's pretty far off, but gives them plenty of time for them to make sure the story, animation, and production is as stylish and great as it was for the first movie .
    I admit, a part of me is less enthused about the sequel given it's so far away. And also I suspect ITSV will be unrepeatable. By and large the first movie wasn't sequel friendly. It was one-and-done since nobody knew going in how well it would do.

I don't want a sequel coming in and spoiling in the good will of the first one.

But all power to them, and may they do a great job.

I'm most interested to know how the creative team will turn out.

None of the original 3 directors are returning, but Joaquim Dos Santos (Justice League Unlimited, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Korra, Voltron) is directing now and he's a good choice for this. David Callaham (Expendables, Wonder Woman 84, Shang-Chi) is currently the only writer. Lord & Miller are confirmed to be involved again as producers, though I would be surprised if they don't jump on as co-writers to polish the script.

I don't think the "Sitting In A Tree" adaptation has been confirmed, just that it may most likely focus on Miles & Gwen's growing romance. I actually wouldn't mind if they took elements from that story, since thematically it could work perfectly well following up Into The Spider-Verse. Continuing from Miles' dealing with the issues with his father and uncle, Jefferson-65/Scorpion would be the best antagonist for him to go up against. Plus, following up last film's Kingpin, wouldn't it be cool to see Matthew Murderdock show up in this? (even though we aren't completely sure of the legality of him being there or not) Jason Latour & the Spider-Gwen team were pretty fairly involved in the last film, and sounds like this one too, so is possible

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If I had to make a prediction, I can see it being a Loose Adaptation of Sitting in a Tree and the Inheritor storyline. Have Miles, Gwen, and Peter B. all return, and the new Spiders be Miguel, Silk, and Ezekiel. Morlun as the Big Bad.

It starts with Miles and Gwen touring the different worlds and Peter B ends up third wheeling because he's having a midlife crisis over his impending fatherhood (leave it vague whether his kid is going to be Mayday or Annie May.) And then the three get roped into the Inheritor stuff.
    I feel like it's going to be a mix of Sitting in a Tree and Edge of Time to give Miguel a big role.

I don't see them ever touching The Inheritors at all.

They might introduce Silk and Spider-Woman to set up Gwen's spinoff, if that's still happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    None of the original 3 directors are returning, but Joaquim Dos Santos (Justice League Unlimited, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Korra, Voltron) is directing now and he's a good choice for this. David Callaham (Expendables, Wonder Woman 84, Shang-Chi) is currently the only writer. Lord & Miller are confirmed to be involved again as producers, though I would be surprised if they don't jump on as co-writers to polish the script.
    Man, if only Dos Santos was working on a full-fledged Spider-Man cartoon...but I guess this is the closest we'll get.
    I don't think the "Sitting In A Tree" adaptation has been confirmed, just that it may most likely focus on Miles & Gwen's growing romance. I actually wouldn't mind if they took elements from that story, since thematically it could work perfectly well following up Into The Spider-Verse. Continuing from Miles' dealing with the issues with his father and uncle, Jefferson-65/Scorpion would be the best antagonist for him to go up against. Plus, following up last film's Kingpin, wouldn't it be cool to see Matthew Murderdock show up in this? (even though we aren't completely sure of the legality of him being there or not) Jason Latour & the Spider-Gwen team were pretty fairly involved in the last film, and sounds like this one too, so is possible
    They'd probably have to get Marvel's permission to use Murderdock. I'm not sure exactly what the legality is like since they (and PS4 Spider-Man) were able to use Kingpin but Spectacular couldn't (and I don't think Lord and Miller ever mentioned any trouble using Kingpin). It'd be hilarious if he was played by Charlie Cox though.

Another thing is they might just create an original character who is basically him in all but name.

I don't think Jefferson-65 would make a believable main villain, but you never know.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I can’t freaking wait. Let’s guess who in the mean time
    Attached Images Attached Images