Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean Mayday Spider-Girl? And remember, there's actually at least 16 of these. The middle one on the image that Unspeakable Evil posted isn't on the one I posted. If the bottom row is all girls, that's just a fluke.
    Yes, Mayday Parker Spider-Girl.

Mighty Member

Would love to see :

Pravitr (worth a few rupees at Indian box-office)
    Superior (good plot-twist)
    70's Japanese spidey with Leopardon...

Seems that the last one became truth!

I also don't want to become too excited, but in the same twitter thread Phil Lord teased Supaidaman a few months ago, he also teased Anya!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I wonder if they'd get the actor from the show to voice him (he's still alive as far as I'm aware).
    I also don't want to become too excited, but in the same twitter thread Phil Lord teased Supaidaman a few months ago, he also teased Anya!
    That would be pretty awesome if Anya is in it .

Not sure that I ever felt that version was a "true" Spider-Man (or at least that this take had as much to do with the mythos as Power Rangers had to do with Super Sentai). Discounting the irrelevant changes, like the different identity ("anyone can wear the mask") and different power origin (while aliens is quite the difference, we've seen radiation and genetic engineering in different stories), the character's defining characteristic, as I understand it, as being a vengeance-based origin story, self-proclaimed "emissary of hell" is about as un-Spider-Man-like as you can get. Once again using the Power Rangers/Super Sentai analogy, it feels very much like it's own thing that borrowed some stuff from another franchise rather then an actual installment of that franchise. Milage may vary, but I'd rather see his spot taken by a character who's closer to the source material. (All IMHO).

That said, if they do decide to include Supaidaman in the mix, I agree the original actor coming back would be good and I do hope they make him work however he's supposed to in the story.

Don't know much about that character, but I'd be curious to see her in it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

True. Toku Spidey is about as much Spider-Man as Miss America (from Battle Fever J, the first Super Sentai season after Spider-Man) is her comic book namesake.

A quick note about Sentai and PR though... outside of Japan (notably in South Korea), Super Sentai is actually called Power Rangers. Shout Factory's US releases use the Super Sentai name, but even that's just for disambiguation, and the covers still say Power Rangers on them too ("Before Power Rangers, There Was..." on the front, and the logo on the back). Some PR seasons, like Mighty Morphin and Lost Galaxy, are very different from the Japanese source material like Spider-Man, but others, like Time Force and Samurai, are actually very faithful.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Toku Spiderman has to speak in subtitled Japanese the entire time or I'll be sad

I wonder, if Anya is in it, if they'll go with Arana instead of Spider-Girl as her codename.

I fully expect her to be Araña. ItSV really tries and succeeds at making each of the characters distinguishable, I wouldn't be surprised if Anya is presented as Araña and her design is more akin to her original costume than the current one. Also Phil Lord really likes latino superheroes (he's half-cuban), I imagine he would prefer having a character using a Spanish name as her code name.

I fully expect her to be Araña. ItSV really tries and succeeds at making each of the characters distinguishable, I wouldn't be surprised if Anya is presented as Araña and her design is more akin to her original costume than the current one. Also Phil Lord really likes latino superheroes (he's half-cuban), I imagine he would prefer having a character using a Spanish name as her code name.
    Plus it lets them use classic Mayday/Spider-Girl .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    True. Toku Spidey is about as much Spider-Man as Miss America (from Battle Fever J, the first Super Sentai season after Spider-Man) is her comic book namesake.

A quick note about Sentai and PR though... outside of Japan (notably in South Korea), Super Sentai is actually called Power Rangers. Shout Factory's US releases use the Super Sentai name, but even that's just for disambiguation, and the covers still say Power Rangers on them too ("Before Power Rangers, There Was..." on the front, and the logo on the back). Some PR seasons, like Mighty Morphin and Lost Galaxy, are very different from the Japanese source material like Spider-Man, but others, like Time Force and Samurai, are actually very faithful.
    I do know enough that there is variation in the different Power Rangers adaptations of the Japanese shows. I just thought it was an easy to understand analogy to compare why I have a hard time considering the Japanese Spider-Man as part of the franchise.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Plus it lets them use classic Mayday/Spider-Girl .
    I think it's possible we might get someone closer to Annie, so that they can have a kid Spider, rather than another teenager like Miles or Gwen. Could easily still see them calling her Mayday anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think it's possible we might get someone closer to Annie, so that they can have a kid Spider, rather than another teenager like Miles or Gwen. Could easily still see them calling her Mayday anyway.
    Well, Annie and Mayday are very different conceptually. Spider-Girl is a solo hero successor while Annie is a family unit of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Annie and Mayday are very different conceptually. Spider-Girl is a solo hero successor while Annie is a family unit of heroes.
    And yet, she was away from her family for most of Spider-Geddon .

And hey, if Anya is in this, I'd prefer if she's as Araña too, 'cause in a setting with multiple Spider-People, different powers and costume can help someone to stand out, it was a problem Spider-Verse movie had with the almost identical Spider-People, the question is if Marvel would let them use her without her "Spider-Girl" stuff.

i hope the same creative teams can be involved. writers, directors. The story needs to be sturdy enough to support the main character(s). It shouldn't just be a free-for-all with constant co-Spiders showing up for it's own sake.
    Miles backstory was the backbone of the first movie. They should be careful to have a compelling narrative, beyond all the possibilities with cameos. I know that Spider-Knight and Spider-Cowboy are somebody's super-favorite, but...