Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    To be fair, I'll be surprised if she isn't going by "Ghost-Spider" lol.
    I can't wait to see how they work it in!

Miles: I don't know man, I haven't heard from Gwen in months. It's like she's...ghosting me. Like a real Ghost Spider.

Ganke: Did you really just say that?

Miles: Yeah, it sounded dumb in my head too.
    Hear hear, or at least she could get a costume that is some mix of Araña and the Arachne one, no idea if something like that would work though, but it can take just a few cues from one or the other to stand out.

Would it also be asking for too much to have the armor back? It was kinda silly, sure, but hey, gave her something more unique when compared to other spiders, and standing out among them is important.
    If they're not going for Spider-Girl, then yeah...I think it would fit for them to do something different design-wise.
    I think they should avoid something like Knull, like, Fisk worked in the movie because he's a character with motivations, helped make the movie more "grounded" even though it's about the multiverse, plus it's better to avoid symbiotes too, they can make it too convoluted.

But then again, maybe something that tries to kill Spiders around can work, just, give it more personality than Morluns/Knull lol.
    Venom can work. And he's an established Spider-Man villain.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try and fit in "Gwenom" at some point, if not in this then the Spider-Women spinoff (if that's still happening).
    I dunno, my example is from a different company but, Supes and Diana were a thing during New 52.

But problem is, if it happens in the comics it'd probably have the same issues, with the more popular one (That being Miles) overtaking the other, so it could end up screwing up Gwen.
    And that was a very contentious relationship among fans for a lot of reasons, and most people figured the relationship was doomed from the start because you don't put two headliners in their own book into a relationship and expect it to last.

It's why all that fan-shipping of Kamala and Miles never went anywhere.
    Could also limit the love interests in her own comic, but so far, I think she hasn't really shown interest in anyone?
    Current fan-theory is Gwen's asexual, but who knows if that's how the writers actually view her.
    Isn't that a really low bar?
    Well, yeah...to be honest, I hope the Into the Spider-Verse franchise means the next Spider-Man cartoon isn't obligated to feature a bunch of Spider-People together with Spider-Man, even though it probably will.

(I guess counting the pre-school cartoon, it definitely will).
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yeah, I've thought of the idea of combining both suits, I imagine something similar of her Avengers Assemble costume, kinda like Jolyne Cujoh from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
    Random trivia: Voice actor Kira Buckland is a massive JoJo fan, has cosplayed Jolyne on multiple occasions, and has voiced Gwen in a Marvel TL;DR video.
    As for the armor, they should just look at Kamen Rider for inspiration.
    Ready to go, count zero...

Hmmmmm, so alister Smythe would be best pick than out of the ones I’ve listed. If they handled him kinda of similar to how he was in the Amazing Spider-Man game and give him believable reason for going after spiders in the multiverse he could end up being one the more interesting and memorable villains to ever appear in a Spider-Man film. I’m down for who ever they pick as the main but I do remember a article a while back where Phil lord did say he wanted rhino to be included as one of the villains for the sequel. Only time will tell, who would you like to see as the big bad for spiderverse 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yeah, I've thought of the idea of combining both suits, I imagine something similar of her Avengers Assemble costume, kinda like Jolyne Cujoh from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
    https://pm1.narvii.com/6453/cd66cc6b...75988f7_hq.jpg
    https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...%20023-011.jpg
    Minus the hoodie for me, it just doesn't work for her, she looks better with her hair out.

Also not a fan of the gloves over her suit, could look better if the suit didn't cover her hand though.

Imagine her having her Araña under the black coat, with the coat having the elements from the Arachne costume.
    Huh, and now I just realized that MC2 Anya also used a coat, guess she's just destined to have one of those .

I like the way the second one divides between the black and white, never thought something like that could look good, the asymmetry with the white part of the top having a short sleeve looks good too.

Thinking of it, if she were to have her Araña powers again with this costume, then the colors would be better if the white part was in the right side, because the white side is the one with the short sleeve, and that Spider tattoo she had used to be in her right arm.

As for the armor, they should just look at Kamen Rider for inspiration.
    https://em.wattpad.com/f1b16d90e736a...it&w=720&h=720
    Wouldn't be difficult to do, not hard to see her armor is based on Kamen Rider's lol.

Although it's also worth wondering how her armor would look like with a costume, it worked better in her old one because she wore a bright shirt, if she keeps a darker costume, maybe the bright armor she has would look odd with the colors?

Then again, I'm pretty sure she used it in MC2, and she wore a mostly black costume, and if it looked weird I'd probably remember lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't wait to see how they work it in!

Miles: I don't know man, I haven't heard from Gwen in months. It's like she's...ghosting me. Like a real Ghost Spider.

Ganke: Did you really just say that?

Miles: Yeah, it sounded dumb in my head too.
    And then Gwen hears about it, gets annoyed, and they keep calling her "Ghost-Spider" to tease her .

Or maybe she could say that she considered that name and didn't go for it, which could lead to teasing lol.

If they're not going for Spider-Girl, then yeah...I think it would fit for them to do something different design-wise.
    Yeah, and they did do that with Miles more or less, but then again, he's the main character.

Venom can work. And he's an established Spider-Man villain.
    Would be the second time a symbiote is trying to **** the multiverse then .

(First being Spider-Carnage in 90's cartoon).

Though if Venom is used, I hope they don't go for a "My hate-boner for Parker is so strong that I must kill him and other Spiders in every universe ever!", or Symbiotes spreading everywhere, had enough of the second one lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try and fit in "Gwenom" at some point, if not in this then the Spider-Women spinoff (if that's still happening).
    I wasn't aware that Spider-Women spinoff was even considered a thing lol.

Gwenom though, eh, I'm indifferent to that.

And that was a very contentious relationship among fans for a lot of reasons, and most people figured the relationship was doomed from the start because you don't put two headliners in their own book into a relationship and expect it to last.

It's why all that fan-shipping of Kamala and Miles never went anywhere.
    I mean, I did point out it had plenty of issues, just that it can be tried, even though it's probably gonna fail.

Current fan-theory is Gwen's asexual, but who knows if that's how the writers actually view her.
    Well, there was the arc where her and Miles could end up dating, which I admitedly didn't read so I have no idea how she reacted to that idea, but her own comic did say that the universe where she and Miles got married is a possible future, which the other Watcher is worried it wouldn't happen because of what was happening in Gwen's life, so she's possibly straight because of that possible future, at least, but who knows, she could be one of those who doesn't care about sex, but the person, whatever that's called, or asexual like the theory goes.

Well, yeah...to be honest, I hope the Into the Spider-Verse franchise means the next Spider-Man cartoon isn't obligated to feature a bunch of Spider-People together with Spider-Man, even though it probably will.

(I guess counting the pre-school cartoon, it definitely will).
    Well, it's possible a future cartoon could try to get the hype of the movie and try to copy it, by having multiverse and multiple spiders.

It's pessimistic to expect that to happen, but hey, better keep a possibility in mind, at least.

Honestly though, if they're gonna really try to make "Spider-Family" with multiple Spiders being active and working together, they really need to learn a thing or two from Batman, 'cause Batfamily has theoretically the same issue, a bunch of people with super badass fighting skills and super-advanced gadgets, but Batfamily gives them gimmicks, from weapons, to talents, to character flaws, and they have pretty different personalities to help too, Spider-Family, since each one are made to be solo first, they don't stand out as much from each other, because by being solo, they end up being more flexible, so that makes them not exactly work in a team, much less one with other Spiders, so putting them together is more of fanservice than, something that actually works.

So yeah, lots of efforts would need to be made to make each one stand out, and a big problem with that is having Peter be in this, unlike Batman, he's a much more of a solo character, and he's very flexible as a hero because of his power-set, intelligence, and personality, so throwing him in a team of other Spiders would be complicated because, for this to work well, the other Spiders would need to have good gimmicks which doesn't overshadow his usual traits to the point it looks like he doesn't have 'em/is redundant for having 'em, and/or do stuff he doesn't usually do (Like being sneaky and staying sneaky). So yeah, it'd be a headache to do this well, anyone who can make this work would deserve a round of applause, because even a movie as good as Spider-Verse didn't really pull off the team part that well, because Miles and Peter B. are the most important ones, since they help to solve the plot, and Peter B. is a big reason Miles developed in the end, Noir, Spider-Ham and Peni are there more so the movie has a reason to be called "Spider-Verse", since having just 3 wouldn't be much of a reason to have that name, and Gwen is only marginally more important than those 3, more so because she helped defeat Olivia once and... Yeah, that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    Hmmmmm, so alister Smythe would be best pick than out of the ones I’ve listed. If they handled him kinda of similar to how he was in the Amazing Spider-Man game and give him believable reason for going after spiders in the multiverse he could end up being one the more interesting and memorable villains to ever appear in a Spider-Man film. I’m down for who ever they pick as the main but I do remember a article a while back where Phil lord did say he wanted rhino to be included as one of the villains for the sequel. Only time will tell, who would you like to see as the big bad for spiderverse 2?
    Someone like Rhino would probably be just a grunt, kinda like Norman, Scorpion and Tombstone were for Fisk.

But yeah, Alystair could work, I mean they made Fisk work for a Spider-Verse movie, and he tends to avoid this kind of comic book crazyness, and it works because, if it was something he could do in the comics, he would, so they basically gave him a tool he usually doesn't have and let his character do the rest, so Alystair could have something like that too, not sure how though.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-07-2019 at 11:17 PM.

I wonder if Peter Parker from the other spiderverse would be back for the sequel. I would love to see that. Truthfully, watching Peter Paker in Spiderverse makes me think this is how Spiderman 4 or 5 would have been with Tobey and Kristen. Peter and MJ divorced and all.

I like a good Rhino. Would like to see Spider-Verse's Doc Ock come back, too, if it fits the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    I wonder if Peter Parker from the other spiderverse would be back for the sequel. I would love to see that.
    Yeah, can see that. I do wonder if he should come back (his story was pretty well wrapped up), but I agree that I'd like him to come back if it works for the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Truthfully, watching Peter Paker in Spiderverse makes me think this is how Spiderman 4 or 5 would have been with Tobey and Kristen. Peter and MJ divorced and all.
    Yeah, noticed that, too, although I think Spider-Verse did it well, whereas everything I've heard about the future of Raimi movies makes me glad that the ending of movie three is where that story ends. Given that Spider-Verse basically used a version of the Raimi trilogy as the backstory for their Peter Parkers, it does feel like the fourth movie of the series (the webshooters are the only real reason I think they cannot fit together). Heck, as I recall, there was consideration to hire Tobey Maguire to play Peter B., but one reason they decided against that was to avoid confusion over it being a Raimi sequel or not.

If they could get Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, JK Simmons, and other alumni from the Raimi movies back for voiceovers, I would be very happy to see them have a cameo or something in the Spider-Verse sequel.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I wonder if they'd adapt Superior in a way that brings back Chris Pine's Peter (with Ock putting her brain into his re-animated corpse), or do it with a Spider voiced by someone who's done it before like MacGuire or Garfield.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, noticed that, too, although I think Spider-Verse did it well, whereas everything I've heard about the future of Raimi movies makes me glad that the ending of movie three is where that story ends. Given that Spider-Verse basically used a version of the Raimi trilogy as the backstory for their Peter Parkers, it does feel like the fourth movie of the series (the webshooters are the only real reason I think they cannot fit together). Heck, as I recall, there was consideration to hire Tobey Maguire to play Peter B., but one reason they decided against that was to avoid confusion over it being a Raimi sequel or not.

If they could get Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, JK Simmons, and other alumni from the Raimi movies back for voiceovers, I would be very happy to see them have a cameo or something in the Spider-Verse sequel.
    I'm glad they got Jake Johnson for Peter B. Parker... I think that his sarcastic quippy schlub made for a definitive Peter, in a much stronger way than Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Here's some more.
    I'm not seeing this one listed IMG_4h2rl7.jpg
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Does anyone watch emergency awesome? He did the best he could peacing together which spiders he thinks fits the logos
    https://youtu.be/ZH8KPYu4iQ0

Does anyone watch emergency awesome? He did the best he could peacing together which spiders he thinks fits the logos
    https://youtu.be/ZH8KPYu4iQ0
    Charlie the best when it comes to breakdowns
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I'm glad they got Jake Johnson for Peter B. Parker... I think that his sarcastic quippy schlub made for a definitive Peter, in a much stronger way than Maguire
    I can see it both ways. Might've meant more to me to have Maguire in it, but Johnson was genius casting and delivered.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

SCARLET SPIDER SIGHTING!!!!

-Pav, who will freak if Ben makes it into the movie...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I wonder if they'd use Ben as a means of bringing Pine back or if he'll be a clone of another Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    SCARLET SPIDER SIGHTING!!!!

-Pav, who will freak if Ben makes it into the movie...
    Where?

10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Does anybody think we will get a brief plot synopses in time for comic con? I don’t think we’ll start getting teaser trailers and posters until at least half way threw 2021. Who knows maybe they’ll slap the first teaser trailer right infront of the third mcu Spider-Man film when it premieres.