Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Default The Full might of Asgard (MCU) vs Earth (MCU)

Every on screen Asgardian we see (good and bad) in the MCU invades Earth (same location Thanos did).

To stop them?

Why Earth’s mightiest heroes!

That’s right, the bad guys AND good guys that stem from Earth (at its prime) unite and fight against the Asgardian invasion force.

So can Earth win or do the Asgardians pull ahead?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Can they just use the Bifröst to wreck house ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Can they just use the Bifröst to wreck house ?
    Ehh.......

To teleport there sure, but to blow the planet? Nah.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

We including **** like Hydra from first avenger? Or just modern forces?

Because those disintegration guns are the best bet against the superior asgardian forces.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    We including **** like Hydra from first avenger? Or just modern forces?

Because those disintegration guns are the best bet against the superior asgardian forces.
    Everything seem on screen, so yeah those guys count too.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Let's look at some of the key players...

Asgard
    Odin
    Thor
    Loki
    Heimdall
    Hela
    Fenris
    The Warriors Three
    Sif
    Frigga
    Lorelei
    Skurge
    Asgardian mooks
    Undead Asgardian mooks

Earth
    Iron Man
    Hulk
    Captain America
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    Vision
    Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    War Machine
    Bucky Barnes
    Falcon
    Ant-Man
    The Wasp
    Doctor Strange
    Wong
    The Ancient One
    Black Panther
    Captain Marvel
    Spider-Man
    Iron Monger
    Abomination
    Whiplash
    Red Skull
    Aldrich Killian
    Ultron
    Ultron drones
    The Iron Legion
    Kaecilius (and his zealots)
    Mordo
    Yellowjacket
    Ghost
    Vulture
    Mysterio
    Killmonger
    Masters of the Mystic Arts
    Hydra forces (modern and WWII with Tesseract weapons)
    Daredevil
    Luke Cage
    Jessica Jones
    Iron Fist
    Wakanda's forces
    Ghost Rider
    Cloak and Dagger
    Runaways
    The Punisher
    Nick Fury
    Maria Hill
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Various Inhumans

Obviously that's not everyone, but I think it makes it fairly clear that Earth wins...
    Last edited by KJS; 11-01-2019 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Removed Earth’s military

We’ll remove Earth’s military outside of SHIELD and Hydra to be fair.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I don't think that they have a great counter to an army of sorcerers dimension dumping large swaths of the Asgardian armies into the mirror universe over and over until Dr. Strange and a few others manage to get all the Bifrost users with portal cuts to vital areas.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 11-02-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Originally I wanted to say that Asgard might have the slight edge if they could hold off Earth’s mightiest long enough to BiFrost snipe most of the heavy hitters off world but I completely forgot about Earth’s wizard army. Now I feel like the scales are definitely in MCU Earth by a pretty significant margin.

Swiss army nerd

Given that Hela's presumably-a-bit-stronger undead Asgardian guys were being handled just fine by regular human automatic weapons, I think Asgard is pretty hosed. Biggest threat is Hela, but I imagine she's on Earth for the fight so wont be all-powerful. Earth does fine.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Given that Hela's presumably-a-bit-stronger undead Asgardian guys were being handled just fine by regular human automatic weapons, I think Asgard is pretty hosed. Biggest threat is Hela, but I imagine she's on Earth for the fight so wont be all-powerful. Earth does fine.
    Nah, that was some kind of stupid outlier, done for effect in Skurge Urban Revitalisation Plan.

Regular asgardians are bullet and (earth) knife proof. I can't see any reason that Hela's elite undead troops would be significantly weaker.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

They wanted the scene of Skurge at Gjallerbru, and basically shoehorned it in.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Nah, that was some kind of stupid outlier, done for effect in Skurge Urban Revitalisation Plan.

Regular asgardians are bullet and (earth) knife proof. I can't see any reason that Hela's elite undead troops would be significantly weaker.
    Normal Asgardians aren’t bullet proof.

We see Sif getting hit in her armored areas (sparks fly) and Loki get hit (who’s not a real Asgardian). Otherwise we don’t ever see bullets vs them.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Normal Asgardians aren’t bullet proof.

We see Sif getting hit in her armored areas (sparks fly) and Loki get hit (who’s not a real Asgardian). Otherwise we don’t ever see bullets vs them.
    Sif is a normal-enough asgardian. Nothing at all ever shows that she's abnormal in anything except skill. In addition, a totally non-combatant, untrained, out of shape Asgardian is completely knife proof, to the point that razor sharp edged weapons literally break and fold rather than penetrating his skin. There is absolutely zero reason to believe that they can be remotely pierced by knives or bullets.

Also, sparks would absolutely fly if bullets ricocheted off of skin that is so hard that the bullet can't even deform it, you know, like Asgardians.

Loki is a bog standard frost giant, and not even a big one. There is no reason at all to believe that he's tougher than a standard Jotun. And frost giants are WEAKER than asgardians, hence Asgardians kicking their asses. Loki is also clearly physically intimidated by Sif, the Warriors Three and Heimdahl.

Again, as Sharp said as well, they wanted to do the Gjallerbru scene so they wedged that in.

And even THAT scene in the original comics required some serious bullshit, in that Asgardians were using assault rifles and such as if those things would be particularly useful to them, and they were - they were killing creatures that had no business at all dying to bullets, given that all of those creatures have always been written as completely resistant to things like bullets.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Swiss army nerd

Hela's undead guys dont get spotted extra feats though, just because we're assuming the film makers wanted to do a certain thing. They get the feats they've displayed, and in this case, they haven't shown themselves to be bulletproof.

Unless we get to start handwaving stuff because we're *sure* that's what the film makers were thinking.

If regular Asgardians really are generally bulletproof, all that means is that Hela's undead guys....really suck.

If you were to say they should be considered as regular Asgardians, then the sheer number of the undead guys in Ragnarok getting killed by bullets actually outstrips the number of bullet/knifeproof Asgardians we've ever seen, making the bulletproof Asgardians the outliers.

Anyway, by their feats, the undead Asgardians aren't a threat at all in this fight.