Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Perhaps already mentioned, but the international market has a lot to say. And the content, both library and original movies and shows. The problem with Disney is that most of the movies are either absent, I have already seen them or I don't want to see them. Their biggest potential is Star Wars fans who wants to see the Mandalorian and children who begs their parents to subscribe.

Amazon Prime as an additional service they offer if you are a member, so that's not going to go away.

Netflix is a brand and the biggest service for the moment, and is not in any danger in the nearest future.

HBO is also amongst the more familiar outside America.

These four are the largest ones, and those with the best chances to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Banner View Post
    Perhaps already mentioned, but the international market has a lot to say. And the content, both library and original movies and shows. The problem with Disney is that most of the movies are either absent, I have already seen them or I don't want to see them. Their biggest potential is Star Wars fans who wants to see the Mandalorian and children who begs their parents to subscribe.

Amazon Prime as an additional service they offer if you are a member, so that's not going to go away.

Netflix is a brand and the biggest service for the moment, and is not in any danger in the nearest future.

Netflix Ia definelty in no trouble in the near future. But they are slowly losing and will continue to lose licensed shows. They will have to survive based mostly on Original content while Disney+/Hulu hasnt scratched the surface of theyrr catalog. Between Disney and Fox Catalog Netflix isnt gonna be able to compete when it comes to popular movies and shows. Disney is also gonna be turning out originals right there with Netlfix except Disney has Bigger IPs to do this with. Honestly I think Disney/Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, HBO max are all gonna be just fine. Its stuff like Apple TV and CBS all access or whatever it's called that I'm not confident in.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Banner View Post

how many are coming to the european market?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Netflix Ia definelty in no trouble in the near future. But they are slowly losing and will continue to lose licensed shows. They will have to survive based mostly on Original content while Disney+/Hulu hasnt scratched the surface of theyrr catalog. Between Disney and Fox Catalog Netflix isnt gonna be able to compete when it comes to popular movies and shows. Disney is also gonna be turning out originals right there with Netlfix except Disney has Bigger IPs to do this with. Honestly I think Disney/Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, HBO max are all gonna be just fine. Its stuff like Apple TV and CBS all access or whatever it's called that I'm not confident in.
    Even if it's gonna take some years before Disney have established themselves with a certain amount of original content.

We also have youtube and facebook, which someone may have already pointed out. People will use both these services even if they have a streaming service or not, but if they can become large in streaming as well remains to be seen, even if they will exist in the shadows of the giants in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    how many are coming to the european market?
    HBO, Netflix and Amazon have already been around for a long time. Disney+ will be available in certain European countries about six months from now, but I don't have a complete list. Here are some of the countries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Abo5oNn-h4

Spectacular Member

From what I heard you can get most of the streaming services and it's still cheaper than cable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    From what I heard you can get most of the streaming services and it's still cheaper than cable.
    Netflix will always be king, their original programming is second to none

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Wonder about Disney+'s library, though? They do have some of the most popular stuff in current culture right now.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Dude come on. They have some good originals yeah, but for every good show they have 5 clunkers. Amazon is catching up fast and they have shown they are not afraid to spend the money to make their shows look good. You look at the trailer for the new season for the Expanse and you can tell they are not cutting corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Sony already has the base of a streaming service with their purchase of Funimation. While anime is a niche, the skeleton is already there for anything more. Although a portion of Funimation content is already pairing with Hulu for anyone wanting to sample stuff.
    Sony has been cozying up to Netflix as of late.

I could see them importing over there.

Ghost Corps, Pascal Pictures, and SPA have been the vanity studios looking to move over. I could see Sony merging or selling off.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-20-2019 at 01:33 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

All this streaming service crap to me is nothing but a cash grab and now, we're getting more and more up to the wahzoo! I miss the days when it was just cable and premium for new shows. Right now, all I can afford is Netflix and DC Entertainment, but just barely.

I have to admit that I rarely think about what made me tired of cable and satellite.
    Which was 'everything is reality tv' or 'everything is a copy of CSI'.

Once we switched to Over-the-Air (which is free) and picked up channels like MeTV, AntennaTV and CoziTV, I began to enjoy tv again.
    If you stick to one or two streaming services, and supplement it with Over-the-Air (and yes, there are digital recorders that work with an antenna), it's much cheaper than cable or satellite.

You don't have to have them all.
    Pick a bundle streamer, like Sling or Philo, and pick a VOD service, like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon.
    Or just pick one.

And if you do go with Over-the-Air, you could potentially have a monthly bill of $0.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    All this streaming service crap to me is nothing but a cash grab and now, we're getting more and more up to the wahzoo! I miss the days when it was just cable and premium for new shows. Right now, all I can afford is Netflix and DC Entertainment, but just barely.
    I don't miss cable at all. I don't miss having to paid up the wahzoo for a bunch of channels I'm not interested in. I don't miss being at the mercy of a programming schedule to watch my shows. I don't miss 2-3 minute ad breaks. I could subscribe to most of the streaming services are there and it will still be cheaper than cable. I currently have Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu and Disney+. It still isn't anywhere near what my parents pay for cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    If you can barely afford those two, you wouldn't be able to afford cable with premium channels either.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

The issue facing cable seems unsolvable. They are re-distributors and they're beholden to these licensing agreements where networks are paid an amount based on all customers, not on those who use them. Here in Chicago, the Cubs are putting all their games on their own network. If Comcast, AT&T or Dish pick up that channel, even non-Cubs fans are paying for it. That's bullshit. The content providers keep getting huge raises by bundling their bad channels with good ones then blacking out the good channels until they get more money for crap. Those costs have to be passed on and here we are with $200 cable bills.

The content guys lose money on cord-cutting, too, and will need to make up all that revenue somehow. When streaming is the main game in town, Disney+ won't be $6.99, Netflix won't be $12.99, and unlimited broadband/mobile service probably won't be $20-50. I'm pretty sure we'll end up paying a lot more for a lot less.

I requested

1982 incredible hulk cartoon
    X-Men pryde of the X-Men
    day in the life of Donald duck

My other family members picked

muppet show
    Muppets at walt Disney world
    fluppy dogs special
    stitch anime (aka stitch 20 years later)
    on vacation with mickey and his friends
    ewok adventure
    ewoks cartoon
    ernest goes to splash mountain
    child of glass
    watcher in the woods 80s version

Boomerang show request.

https://boomerang.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Requested 60s fantastic four, the thing cartoon, thundarr, snorks, speed buggy and dyno-mutt.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-22-2019 at 08:01 AM.