Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Dont bother, the app will speak for itself. only issues it has are technical. It doesnt tell you left off or have a continue watching section. Along with other crap they got to fix. It just launched and they have a gold mine of stuff they are still sitting on to drop onto Hulu and Disney+. Not to mention all the originals they got planned. I expect Hulu to start trending up and eventually them bundling the two together. Marvel is already got Planned Adult Cartoons with Hulu.v All the Deadpool stuff and Horror movies from fox will end up over at Hulu I bet. I'm willing to bet they end up Bundled together in the near future.
    Disney is already offering a bundle of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99. This article describe the steps needed to get the bundle deal if you want those services separately
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/14/...ads-how-to-get

The quality of life on Disney+ needs work. I'm sure a continue watching feature and curation will come with updates. I heard some people having issues with shows not airing in the proper order.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

In the long run it is going to be Netflix. It has more to do with them being the only game in town for so long more than anything else though. As more services come they are going to keep chipping away at Netflix. The way Netflix is now it has 160 million subs while the next closest is Amazon with like 100 million. Disney plus already beat what they expected by having 10 million plus right out of the gate (which was the reason for some of the service problems day one because they only expected 8 mil tops or so). Even if Netflix does stay strong and only loses say 50 million subs over the next few years that would still be massive to the company even though they would still be the biggest service. Netflix is so big they need to keep those subs high just to sustain itself, and with everyone starting their own things they will continue to lose more and more content. Netflix NEEDS about 5 more Stranger Things level shows to make up for the stuff they are losing to keep people interested.

Netflix making power moves. Netflix made a multi year deal with Nickelodeon to produce original TV shows and movies.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...series-1254388

Please lord, give me a Netflix produced TMNT.

I feel like those that have a decent user interface will last longer then those that dont. I think Netflix and Disney + are okay, but Amazon prime is awful. It's suprising how bad it is. I also think spending that amount of $ on lotr is a bad investment. Disney seems like it has the strongest IP and UI right now.

I think Netflix and Disney+ are going to be the ones fighting out for the crown; can't see any of the others having a chance against either of them.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think Netflix and Disney+ are going to be the ones fighting out for the crown; can't see any of the others having a chance against either of them.
    Disney is bundling Hulu with Disney+. They are gunning for it.

Netflix is in a spot as they have to create more original programming and sign deals as we saw above. They know Disney is likely their best competition.

These are the numbers per streaming site as of summer 2019.

Netflix - 151+ million subscribers
    Amazon - 105+ million subscribers (many are Prime shoppers)
    Hulu - 28+ million subscribers
    Disney+ - 10+ Million subscribers (as of launch day)
    Brit Box - 500,000+ subscribers
    WWE Network - 2+ Million subscribers

Amazon with the Prime membership works because people mostly shop and it helps there. But Hulu and Disney combined is gonna be a major force . Disney is expecting 40-60 million subscribers to the service by 2024.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I know CBS has lost, they've nothing save picard

Yeah, WB/HBO doesnt seem great either. Apple just doesnt and wont have enough content.
    I also think it will be between Netflix and Disney, although Amazon might buy Netflix too.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The more I hear about what Disney+ is NOT planning to put up, the more I think Netflix can breathe easier.

I can understand why Disney doesn't put up their entire catalogue on day 1, as they might crash the entire Internet... but it's all got to go up eventually. This is not the time to hold back... go big or go home.

I feel that HBO will put in the effort to be competitive. They snagged up the streaming rights for shows like South Park and Doctor Who.

I'm sure that large companies that don't plan on having a streaming service like Viacom will make bank on getting the services to bid on their properties as seen with Netflix getting Nickelodeon. I can see Sony getting a cash infusion from Disney to put the Spider-Man movies and spectacular Spider-Man on D+

I think Disney will eventually add all the fox shows and older stuff throughout the years. This is just stage one, and they have to disperse it so that the market contiues to grow, same reason why Marvel doesn't announce x-men and FF. I also think people undervalue how important disney streaming is for parents and that's such a huge draw for them. $7 a month is a heck of a lot cheaper then what parents are used to paying.

HBO I think has the content, shows and back catalog, but they cant seem to get out of their own way. If they just had WB streaming then maybe, but they're separating it to a bunch of streaming services, HBO max, DC Universe, WB, etc. I also think without GOT HBO really doesn't have the IP, and watchmen and westworld wont bring in the numbers. Also, similar to Amazon, I think them investing into a GOT prequel/spin off is way too little and too late. The brand has been tarnished at this point. Also WB new ceo comes from tech world and seems to be interested in data mining which to me is also a huge red flag.

But Netflix and Amazon kind of have a relationship already because Amazon (I think) hosts their servers.

I'm kind of hoping either Netflix or Disney buy the criterion channel, because I like those older movies and I think they need to be under a bigger brand if they want to survive.

I think Apple is going to end up like Yahoo streaming and just be forgotten in a few years.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I feel like I mainly have cable for sports, because the streaming is non-existent for the NFL, while the NHL and MLB streaming options blackout my local teams and they're only on cable channels.

Hollywood should be the biggest loser because right now, they're winning huge. Everyone is getting rich because money is flowing free to make all this content. What happens if/when the venture capital tightens up? And when cable carriage fees shrink to a certain threshold? They'll have to cut costs - creators, production, talent, etc. That slowdown will be felt by everyone who makes content.

I did drop Netflix last month then picked up the Disney+ bundle this month. So I have Amazon, Disney, Hulu and ESPN+ right now.

No interest in Apple or CBS. Thinking about HBO, but waiting for AT&T to launch all their stuff as one option. Unsure on Universal, so will decide when it launches.

Niffleheim

Why does Bob Iger compare disney+ to HBO but ppl and entertainment media only see it competing with Netflix?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Why does Bob Iger compare disney+ to HBO but ppl and entertainment media only see it competing with Netflix?
    Probably because Warner Media is the only other company that has an entertainment library that can compare to Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I think it's the brand recognition.
    When people see "HBO", they mainly think of the channel.
    And "HBO Max" could be misinterpreted by the the Average Joe to mean an HBO/Cinemax bundle.

I think if it was called "Warner Max" or "WB Max" it would call to attention that it's bigger than just HBO.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.