Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What Marvel book are you currently reading?

Inspired by the thread in the Spiderman forum and the one I started in the Xmen section I wanted to ask what Marvel book are you currently reading. I am interested to see what everyone is into and maybe get some ideas for some books to read.

I am continuing my history of The Marvel Universe by reading the early days. I am reading Tales to Astonish 61, tales of Suspense 61, Uncanny Xmen 9. Avengers 13. I am also reading Amazing Spiderman, Peter Parker Spiderman, Marvel Team up, Fantastic Four, the 90's X force and Daredevil. Though I am taking a break from the last five to catch up on the others.

I am loving these books. I love reading the history and where everyone started. Thank god for Marvel Unlimited so I can read these great books.

I am reading a lot of tittles so If I get bored with one i can move onto another.

So what are you all reading? And what do you think of what you are reading?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Tony Stark: Iron Man ( tbh meeeeeh, Marvel is treating my boy bad smdh)

Captain America ( Very enjoyable, slow paced tho, currently on hold)

The Incredible Hulk ( Pulled, haven’t read it yet)

X-Men ( first issue was great, I’m trying to keep up because the X-board are always pressed about sumtin)

The Amazing Mary Jane (My first SpiderMan Comic ever since OMD, and I loved it)

If I got me a sugar daddy, I would pull old runs because I’m missing out on ALOT.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Currently, I get only two from Marvel, Hulk and Doc Strange;
    starting in Jan., I'll be doubling my list, adding Jessica Jones, and trying out Star (because who?)
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Currently it's just Daredevil and Runaways. I was reading Moon Girl and Dead Man Logan but both of those just ended. Runaways is probably one of my favorite books on the stands right now.

I gave the first issue of the new Ghost Rider series a shot because my shop put it in my box because I was subscribed to the Robbie Reyes book. It actually wasn't that bad so I'll give it a few issues and see where it goes.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Currently the only ongoing Marvel titles I'm reading regularly are Runaways, and possibly some of the newer X-Men books. Runaways continues to be a fun ride, and HoX/PoX have been the first X-Men series I've read to completion in almost a decade. I usually only put a lot of effort into reading older works if there's not a lot currently being published that is worth my money. Like last year when I was only reading Runaways, I read my way through most of the Ultimate Universe again.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Current runs in order of favorability:

King Thor
    X-Men
    Avengers
    Loki
    Punisher Kill Krew
    Captain America
    Black Panther
    Valkyrie
    Agents of Wakanda
    Strikeforce

Three of these books are mini-series and I will be said when they end, but I've been loving Avengers and I wonder what is Aaron's endgame.
    The bottom three are on the chopping block for me if the second arc isn't as cool as the first.

The class stuff that I am reading isn't really Marvel, I'm finally tackling Invincible and then I will move on to a re-read of Aaron's Thor run when the final issue of King Thor comes out.

Runaways
    Miles
    All the Xbooks (for now anyway)
    Ironheart
    Immortal Hulk
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Fantastic Four (might drop it soon)
    Invisible Woman
    Marauders
    X-Men
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

CURRENT:

Avengers
    Tony Stark: Iron Man
    Ironheart
    King Thor
    Loki
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Superior Spider-Man
    Fantastic Four
    Future Foundation
    X-Men
    Agents of Atlas
    History of the Marvel Universe

UPCOMING

Guardians of the Galaxy
    Iron Man 2020
    All 2020 Tie-Ins (except Wolverine)

WILL TRY

X-Force
    Atlantis Attacks
    Champions

RESEARCH

Going back through Avengers and Cosmic eras, currently at ANAD Avengers, then ANAD Cosmic, then event, and so on until the present
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Magnificent Ms.marvel, Agents of Atlas, trade waiting Immortal Hulk, maybe gonna get excalibur or Fallen Angels.

Astonishing Member

X-men line
    Captian america
    Aero
    Immortal hulk
    Friendly neighborhood spiderman
    Mary Jane
    Conan

Astonishing Member

Avengers and FF

But both are tenuous

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Immortal Hulk
    Savage Avengers
    Hickman's X-Men
    Aero

Just added Invisible Woman to my list. Got the first four issues today. Am two issues in and will read the other two tonight. I am also reading Savage Avengers but didnt really count that because I only read that once a month and the others I read several issues at A time. I am becoming a fan of Conan and am looking forward to reading some of his solo books.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Spectacular Member

Immortal Hulk
    Doctor Doom
    All the new X books for the first arc (then I will decide which ones I will keep reading besides X-Men)