Default They sit and talk: Steven Universe and MCU Thanos

Thanos has come to Beach City because there's an Infinity Stone there, the last one before his goal of wiping out half the universe is completed. Steven (and the Gems) try to talk to Thanos about love and acceptance, and Steven goes into that whole spiel where he tries to "redeem" the bad guy.

What happens? Would Thanos just kill Steven for his annoying signing?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

nah, MCU Thanos wouldn't kill Steven - but he'd blow him off and take that last stone. Yellow Diamond and Lapis Lazuli would probably join him, though, because of the feels! ;-)

it's not like Thanos didn't show a bit of love and acceptance when he was on film... he just really, REALLY liked the idea of wiping out half the universe because of so-called resource scarcity... which, if he were effectively omnipotent using the stones... he could have simply done away with resource scarcity altogether. unless, of course, that's simply a part of reality that can't be done away with!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

thanos moves in and becomes steven's crazy uncle T.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm not actually sure Thanos CAN kill Steven. At least not without like... trying to wear him out over the course of hours. The level of abuse he's just kind of effortlessly parried or withstood is pretty up there, probably not incomparable to the Hulk space whale punch. Movie Spoilers. And while I'm not sure Steven can hurt Thanos, Obsidian probably can. (Assuming Thanos doesn't have any gems yet, that is.) Edit: Wait, just reread the OP, he's got most of them already. Never mind.

So Steven will certainly get a chance to talk. And... I dunno if it will accomplish anything? Like, Steven can infuse lifeless earth with plants, and can thus probably provide a lot of food to worlds whose fields are going barren. But as Totoro hints at, Thanos's plan never actually made sense and so having an alternative presented to him seems unlikely to change his mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'm not actually sure Thanos CAN kill Steven. At least not without like... trying to wear him out over the course of hours. The level of abuse he's just kind of effortlessly parried or withstood is pretty up there, probably not incomparable to the Hulk space whale punch. Movie Spoilers. And while I'm not sure Steven can hurt Thanos, Obsidian probably can. (Assuming Thanos doesn't have any gems yet, that is.) Edit: Wait, just reread the OP, he's got most of them already. Never mind.

So Steven will certainly get a chance to talk. And... I dunno if it will accomplish anything? Like, Steven can infuse lifeless earth with plants, and can thus probably provide a lot of food to worlds whose fields are going barren. But as Totoro hints at, Thanos's plan never actually made sense and so having an alternative presented to him seems unlikely to change his mind.
    Thanos' judgment is eschewed by his desire for validation and to be proven right about his original plan to kull his own people. I don't think logic is somthing that would ever get through to him.