Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Anyway Ellis and Lobdell mostly made that special world of exploration and fun increasingly unsafe.
    You say unsafe, I say the road too travelled.

I was too young to recognize it as I was reading it, but in retrospect, I realize I lost my taste for Excalibur when the book and the cast pivoted far too hard toward American paranoia and pathos. While Lobdell and Ellis probably should get some credit for trying to make the book a more traditional x-book, or explore paranoia and pathos from a British perspective... it was boring for the outright sameness of it all.

So, we've deviated far! Sungila, you strike me as the type to prefer a cast of classics, but your tastes suggest an interest in relatively new characters to explore. Who would you cast in a book of seven mutants(non-mutant friends)?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My seven:
    Storm, Emma, Snowbird, Magik, Sync, Rictor, Warpath

Edited: to add Rictor instead of Bishop.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-30-2019 at 09:32 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

X-Men
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Iceman
    Cannonball
    Cable
    Loa
    Indra

Excalibur
    Archangel
    Psylocke (Betsy)
    Nightcrawler
    Daytripper
    Pete Wisdom
    Kylun
    Pixie

Uncanny
    Cyclops
    Marvelgirl
    Storm
    Emma
    Wolverine
    Armor
    Dust

X-Factor Spaceteam
    Vulcan
    Sway
    Havok
    Polaris
    Korvus
    Hellion
    Surge

X-Cell
    Beast
    Bishop
    Sage
    Neal Shaara
    Doc Nemesis
    Mercury
    Bling!

New X-Men
    Sunspot
    Magma
    Kwannon
    X23
    Rockslide
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 12-29-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

You wrote "Anole" twice for your Uncanny team Master Of Sound
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Namor
    Jean
    Storm
    Magik
    Quicksilver
    Fantomex
    Synch or Sunspot

I don't know the cast but how about a Savage Land based alternate/lost and believed dead Outback-esque-small cast in isolation all set against this Hickman era? I want that team. The distressed look.

And at the end of the series they'd be all like...from a Savage Place...you know? The possibilities!!!
    Last edited by sungila; 12-29-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Incredible Member

A more diverse and representative team.

90’s Charles Xavier
    Storm
    Bishop
    Psylocke
    Kwannon
    Rictor
    Iceman
    Cecilia Reyes
    Monet
    Danielle Moonstar
    Warpath

temporary X-squad that operates in Africa

Storm [leader/mentor] omega level weather manipulation

Gentle - Extreme strength via temporary increase of his muscle mass

Oya - temperature manipulation

Maggot - slug based digestive system & psychometry)

Kidogo - size-shifting enhanced agility & spatial awareness)

The Magnum Twins (Aamanee & Ahmed Magnum - super strength/shockwave generation & super strength/geokinesis)

Mjnari (super speed/light weight bones/heightened reaction time - a relative of the existing character because I see more potential in the youthful version from the animated series)

Storm- leader of the Human Outreach Program Executives, Krakoa's diplomatic arm charged with helping inner city and rural humans in poverty. In addition to delivering Krakoan drugs, they help establish programs to help the disenfranchised humans with sustainable energy/technology and telepathic training/downloads, environmental remediation, and food/housing. Quiet Council member and High Priestess Ororo brings warmth and succor to the world's most suffering humans, and in doing so, helps win hearts and minds(without overt telepathic domination) for the Krakoan nation-state.

Bishop- co-leader of H.O.P.E. As a Captain of Krakoa and Red Bishop of the Hellfire Trading Company, Bishop brings a tactical pragmatism to help ground Storm's sky-high ambitions. His XSE training and upbringing in the camps of the future help him to both understand how to manage the worst afflicted in the world, and empathize with what they are going through. But as a Captain of Krakoa, he's also there to help Ororo make the hard calls to ensure the mutants place in the world.

Marisol- aka Cultura- rookie of the team. Ororo recruited her especially to help keep them focused on what matters: family. With her plant/fungus powers, she and Ororo develop additional Krakoan variants to help stave off world hunger in the hardest hit places in the world. And as the youngest, least-battle honed of the crew, she brings a counterpoint to the superpowered politics.

Rictor- stepping into his connection with the earth itself, and reflecting on his own past as a part of a weapons smuggling family, Rictor is primed to make waves on the world stage. And it gives him a chance to reconnect with..

Shatterstar- after his own attempts at a normal life as a landlord, Shatty is happy to get off the island and get his hands dirty in the real world. As teleporter, he'll help the team bounce around to places no Krakoa portals have yet been established, and get to rebuild his relationship with Julio.

Synch- with a new lease on life and imbued with all the powers of Krakoa(the nation's populace and the island itself), Everett is ready to be the best hero possible. And if that also means spending more time with his high school love, all the better!

Monet- return her to the Gen X Emma-stopping telepathy levels, and hyperintelligence, along with the speed, strength, invulnerability package(no TK necessary). She and Everett are fast becoming the greatest power couple in the world.

Supporting cast draws from the entire Marvel catalogue(human and mutant), but Prodigy, Trinary, Sage, Triage, Cece, and Forge are constant features.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm- leader of the Human Outreach Program Executives, Krakoa's diplomatic arm charged with helping inner city and rural humans in poverty. In addition to delivering Krakoan drugs, they help establish programs to help the disenfranchised humans with sustainable energy/technology and telepathic training/downloads, environmental remediation, and food/housing. Quiet Council member and High Priestess Ororo brings warmth and succor to the world's most suffering humans, and in doing so, helps win hearts and minds(without overt telepathic domination) for the Krakoan nation-state.

Bishop- co-leader of H.O.P.E. As a Captain of Krakoa and Red Bishop of the Hellfire Trading Company, Bishop brings a tactical pragmatism to help ground Storm's sky-high ambitions. His XSE training and upbringing in the camps of the future help him to both understand how to manage the worst afflicted in the world, and empathize with what they are going through. But as a Captain of Krakoa, he's also there to help Ororo make the hard calls to ensure the mutants place in the world.

Marisol- aka Cultura- rookie of the team. Ororo recruited her especially to help keep them focused on what matters: family. With her plant/fungus powers, she and Ororo develop additional Krakoan variants to help stave off world hunger in the hardest hit places in the world. And as the youngest, least-battle honed of the crew, she brings a counterpoint to the superpowered politics.

Rictor- stepping into his connection with the earth itself, and reflecting on his own past as a part of a weapons smuggling family, Rictor is primed to make waves on the world stage. And it gives him a chance to reconnect with..

Shatterstar- after his own attempts at a normal life as a landlord, Shatty is happy to get off the island and get his hands dirty in the real world. As teleporter, he'll help the team bounce around to places no Krakoa portals have yet been established, and get to rebuild his relationship with Julio.

Synch- with a new lease on life and imbued with all the powers of Krakoa(the nation's populace and the island itself), Everett is ready to be the best hero possible. And if that also means spending more time with his high school love, all the better!

Monet- return her to the Gen X Emma-stopping telepathy levels, and hyperintelligence, along with the speed, strength, invulnerability package(no TK necessary). She and Everett are fast becoming the greatest power couple in the world.

Supporting cast draws from the entire Marvel catalogue(human and mutant), but Prodigy, Trinary, Sage, Triage, Cece, and Forge are constant features.
    This would be a wonderful book.. I would love for Eve Ewing to write this and Jen Bartel to draw it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    temporary X-squad that operates in Africa
    Kidogo - size-shifting enhanced agility & spatial awareness)

The Magnum Twins (Aamanee & Ahmed Magnum - super strength/shockwave generation & super strength/geokinesis)

Mjnari (super speed/light weight bones/heightened reaction time - a relative of the existing character because I see more potential in the youthful version from the animated series)
    who????????????/
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    who????????????/
    if you're referring to all 3...

Kidogo is one of the former students (pretty sure that Northstar was their teacher) that was depowered and, likely, died on the bus that exploded. i was giving him a second chance.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lazar...sh_(Earth-616)

i created the Magnum twins from whole cloth because i like the idea of Moses Magnum having kids. he's been around long enough to have adult kids. but these would be college-aged mutants who have somewhat denounced their dear old dad.

MjNari was a character who appeared in one episode of the 90s X-Men animated series. Storm was, for lack of a better description, his god mother. he had super speed and, at one point of the cartoon, had to outrace the Shadow King. while looking for an image of him i found out that he had turned up in the books. but they changed the story that he was now an elderly man/tribal elder. i decided to give him a grandson (or great grandson) who inherited his speed.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/MjNari_(Earth-92131)

Okay, hold up. MijNari the old man came first. He's in LifeDeath II, one of Storm's best stories. Ororo had lost her powers and was traveling in Kenya and she was shot by the Fenris twins in the head from far away. It just grazed her, but she had a concussion and passed out. When she woke up, she was still weak, and a sandstorm had whipped up. She's all hallucinating in a cave and ****, it's amazing. She pulls herself together and notices a bus has crashed in the sandstorm, and there was pregnant girl Ororo was able to save. She was on her way back to her village after life in the city didn't work out. In her village the soil is very poor, having been stripped by chemical agriculture, so only so many people can be supported. Shani gave birth while Ororo was speaking with the tribal elder MijNari. The child was stillborn, but Ororo was able to revive it with CPR. MijNari then just willed himself to death while bestowing some wisdom on Ororo. It was a great issue. So, the TAS version is just using the name and applying it to the child Ororo saved with CPR. Given how the timeline works, and that's its barely been 10 years since the O5 formed, I don't think the comic book child would even be older than 6 by now.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Okay, hold up. MijNari the old man came first. He's in LifeDeath II, one of Storm's best stories. Ororo had lost her powers and was traveling in Kenya and she was shot by the Fenris twins in the head from far away. It just grazed her, but she had a concussion and passed out. When she woke up, she was still weak, and a sandstorm had whipped up. She's all hallucinating in a cave and ****, it's amazing. She pulls herself together and notices a bus has crashed in the sandstorm, and there was pregnant girl Ororo was able to save. She was on her way back to her village after life in the city didn't work out. In her village the soil is very poor, having been stripped by chemical agriculture, so only so many people can be supported. Shani gave birth while Ororo was speaking with the tribal elder MijNari. The child was stillborn, but Ororo was able to revive it with CPR. MijNari then just willed himself to death while bestowing some wisdom on Ororo. It was a great issue. So, the TAS version is just using the name and applying it to the child Ororo saved with CPR. Given how the timeline works, and that's its barely been 10 years since the O5 formed, I don't think the comic book child would even be older than 6 by now.
    ...i just like the youthful version from the cartoon. so maybe there's some kid with super speed in the village who happens to also be named Mjnari. or maybe he was named for the guy. it really isn't that important. this is a dream roster, afterall.