I’ve seen it tons of places that Tim trailed and photographed Bruce and Dick without being noticed for years, and I thought it must be canon. But I don’t recall that, when originally introduced, Tim actually snuck out at night and took pictures of Batman and Robin when he was very young? Have read most of the Tim stuff from 1993 until the early 2000s, but it’s easy to miss a reference, even if it was established in that era. Then I saw someone post a comment (can't recall who so I can ask) that implied it was fanon.

I mean, certainly Tim was trailing Batman and taking photos of him right before he confronted Dick and asked him to go back to being Robin. But in Batman #440, Tim’s older stuff all seemed to be newspaper clippings and the like, with the implication him photographing Batman was very recent. Tim said he clipped articles in #441 and we know he watched video of them to see the flip and figure out the identity. But he doesn’t reference tailing them in his even-younger-years.

So I was just curious as to if any Tim fans could tell me what issue that element was introduced in, if it is canon.