Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I just hope Marvel revive his series or feature him prominately in their new Guardians of the Galaxy series, Marvel always seem to dispose of the ongoings I am interested in, I loved the original Uncanny Avengers, then it was gone and we got the Axis mini series (which was horrible) and then came the spagetti Uncanny Avengers (much weaker and less popular characters were featured and ofcourse the title failed).
    Maybe Thanos can be a part time member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, he will join and help others if he can benefit from certain situations.
    He was, afterall a member of the original Infinity Watch.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I just hope Marvel revive his series or feature him prominately in their new Guardians of the Galaxy series, Marvel always seem to dispose of the ongoings I am interested in, I loved the original Uncanny Avengers, then it was gone and we got the Axis mini series (which was horrible) and then came the spagetti Uncanny Avengers (much weaker and less popular characters were featured and ofcourse the title failed).
    Maybe Thanos can be a part time member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, he will join and help others if he can benefit from certain situations.
    He was, afterall a member of the original Infinity Watch.
    I remember Thanos' membership with the Infinity Watch and being anointed the secret guardian of the Reality Gem by Adam Warlock. At the time, I thought it was a huge demotion and I was surprised Thanos accepted Warlock's offer. But as you stated, Thanos will do what he must if it's beneficial to his cause.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-08-2019 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Added a few words.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I first saw Thanos as the final boss in Marvel Superheroes for Playstation. I don't know who he was or what his story and why is he the final boss and not Doom, because up to that point in any Marvel crossover I consumed, Doom was always the final boss.

Msharcadegame.jpg

Then I found out he's this big super mega awesome final cosmic level threat boss man so I was... oh okay, you take last boss seat then XD

Oh, this game was also the first time I saw Infinity Gems but I didn't know its significance.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

^ not sure why they had him using bubble projectiles. Cool that they put that little nod in the Infinity War movie

y a Kimmel

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

New Thanos mini series coming in April, features early life with Gamora.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

There is also a rumor of a Gamora-Nebula streaming show in which the two are kids.

Infinity Gauntlet was the most popular comic of 2018 according to Marvel Unlimited
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-unlimited-top-comics-2018/

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

I finished "Titan Consumed" a week ago. It started off slow but got pretty good. Overall, I liked it. It serves as an origin for the mcu version of Thanos and explains alot of things not elaborated on in the movies. Like, what happened to Titan, what he proposed and how, meeting nebula, meeting the other and gaining the chitauri, how he got the scepter etc

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I remember Thanos' membership with the Infinity Watch and being anointed the secret guardian of the Reality Gem by Adam Warlock. At the time, I thought it was a huge demotion and I was surprised Thanos accepted Warlock's offer. But as you stated, Thanos will do what he must if it's beneficial to his cause.
    Thanos became Adam Warlock's buddy because Jim Starlin wanted Thanos to change and retire after Infinity Gauntlet, which is the reason why he became a farmer at the end of that story. But editors won't let that happen as they need a Darkseid equivalent.

Thanos under Starlin is even willing to join forces with heroes when he perceives a threat more dangerous than himself, as when he worked together with Adam Warlock to stop Magus [Infinity War] and the Goddess [Infinity Crusade], teamed up with Genis-Vell, Ganymede, Jack of Hearts and Terrax to confront Tyrant (Cosmic Powers), Teamed up with Thor and Genis-Vell to defeat Walker [Peter David's Captain Marvel run], teamed up with Gamora, Spiderman and the Defenders to defeat the Thanosi clones (Infinity Abyss) and Akhenaten (Thanos: The End), thwarted the Hunger entity with the help of Galactus [Thanos Vol 1], helped the Guardians of the galaxy in order to stop the invasion of the Cancerverse [Thanos Imperative], or when he worked with Deadpool to release Death from Eternity's prison.[Deadpool vs Thanos] He also has a genuine respect for Mar-Vell and Adam Warlock, Thanos even helped Mar-Vell in his journey to the afterlife (The Death of Captain Marvel) and he considers Adam his only friend. Starlin Thanos often speaks in a sophisticated manner with a calm and collected demeanor, described by the Silver Surfer as professoral.

The problem is theres was not a single writer in the Marvel NOW era who managed to get Thanos characterisation and speech pattern right, except maybe Al Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Thanos became Adam Warlock's buddy because Jim Starlin wanted Thanos to change and retire after Infinity Gauntlet, which is the reason why he became a farmer at the end of that story. But editors won't let that happen as they need a Darkseid equivalent.

Thanos under Starlin is even willing to join forces with heroes when he perceives a threat more dangerous than himself, as when he worked together with Adam Warlock to stop Magus [Infinity War] and the Goddess [Infinity Crusade], teamed up with Genis-Vell, Ganymede, Jack of Hearts and Terrax to confront Tyrant (Cosmic Powers), Teamed up with Thor and Genis-Vell to defeat Walker [Peter David's Captain Marvel run], teamed up with Gamora, Spiderman and the Defenders to defeat the Thanosi clones (Infinity Abyss) and Akhenaten (Thanos: The End), thwarted the Hunger entity with the help of Galactus [Thanos Vol 1], helped the Guardians of the galaxy in order to stop the invasion of the Cancerverse [Thanos Imperative], or when he worked with Deadpool to release Death from Eternity's prison.[Deadpool vs Thanos] He also has a genuine respect for Mar-Vell and Adam Warlock, Thanos even helped Mar-Vell in his journey to the afterlife (The Death of Captain Marvel) and he considers Adam his only friend. Starlin Thanos often speaks in a sophisticated manner with a calm and collected demeanor, described by the Silver Surfer as professoral.

The problem is theres was not a single writer in the Marvel NOW era who managed to get Thanos characterisation and speech pattern right, except maybe Al Ewing.
    Thank you for the insight. It is greatly appreciated.

BANNED

I totally agree that hardly any writer can capture the tone of Thanos, I think that even Ewing's words can be too modern at times for Thanos.
    But not many people write Thanos with all those thought bubbles and all his interesting inner dialogue the way Starlin does, so it might be hard to capture that voice.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I totally agree that hardly any writer can capture the tone of Thanos, I think that even Ewing's words can be too modern at times for Thanos.
    But not many people write Thanos with all those thought bubbles and all his interesting inner dialogue the way Starlin does, so it might be hard to capture that voice.
    I have already written something on the matter here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...huggish-Thanos

I agree that Starlin Thanos is hard to write, although i think it would be good enough to have him team up with a group of heroes against a cosmic villain while being depicted as a magnificent bastard strategist with sophisticated and witty dialogue.