Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Today I am an old man. I am 40! I planed to spend the day reading comics and watching cartoons. But I got a new mower. The last three years I have had a neighbor mow my lawn but that was costing too much. So I got my own mower, I figured doing my own yard work aside from saving money will force me to get out of my house and not sit in my room all day.

I have to admit I spent the last 45 minutes mowing part of my yard. (Big Yard) And I am having the time of my life. I am really loving it! I never would have thought that mowing my lawn would make me so happy but man it is
    Happy Birthday!

And yeah, you're only as old as you feel, so glad you're enjoying mowing the lawn! I've also found it strangely pleasant, in the past!
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Today is going to be a good day. I have spent the last week and a half redoing the flooring in my house and am now done. I am over the effects of my second shot. My aunt is going to be out of the house today. So I am going to have a great day of comics, walking and writing. I have not been able to do any writing for a couple of weeks. Am looking forward to it. So it is going to be a great day!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Today is going to be a good day. I have spent the last week and a half redoing the flooring in my house and am now done. I am over the effects of my second shot. My aunt is going to be out of the house today. So I am going to have a great day of comics, walking and writing. I have not been able to do any writing for a couple of weeks. Am looking forward to it. So it is going to be a great day!
    We did our flooring too but I'm not a handy person so we had to get professionals to do it. Damn thing is expensive as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    We did our flooring too but I'm not a handy person so we had to get professionals to do it. Damn thing is expensive as hell.
    I wanted to save money and do it myself. Man I kinda regret it. it is done and it looks good but it was soo much work.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It is amazing how something as simple as Yard Work can make a person feel better. Two months ago on my birthday I bought a mower from my neighbor. I have been mowing my lawn once a week (weather permitted). I have also this week started on the massive weed problem. I have chest high weed pretty much around the entire side of my house and back. 4 years of not doing it. My neighbor also gave me a nice outside glass table and some chair. Had to do some major cleaning ion them but they are nice. I have been sitting outside in the mornings with my coffee and getting set for the day.

Doing the yard gets me out of my room and away from being lazy with comics and video games. I am getting exercise and sun. And I feel really good taking charge of my yard and making it look nice for once.

I am also doing something rare. I am leaving the house with my dad and aunt and having a nice lunch and shopping outing for my dad since he hasnt been out of the house but twice in a year and a half and that was just for docotrs. it is going to be a great day

Boisterously Confused

It is amazing how something as simple as Yard Work can make a person feel better. Two months ago on my birthday I bought a mower from my neighbor. I have been mowing my lawn once a week (weather permitted). I have also this week started on the massive weed problem. I have chest high weed pretty much around the entire side of my house and back. 4 years of not doing it. My neighbor also gave me a nice outside glass table and some chair. Had to do some major cleaning ion them but they are nice. I have been sitting outside in the mornings with my coffee and getting set for the day.

Doing the yard gets me out of my room and away from being lazy with comics and video games. I am getting exercise and sun. And I feel really good taking charge of my yard and making it look nice for once.

I am also doing something rare. I am leaving the house with my dad and aunt and having a nice lunch and shopping outing for my dad since he hasnt been out of the house but twice in a year and a half and that was just for docotrs. it is going to be a great day
    That's so cool. Myself, I'd rather let an interrogator remove my toenails than do yardwork (childhood thing). I mention that to say, even tho it's not my thing, I'm glad that it fulfills you.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    That's so cool. Myself, I'd rather let an interrogator remove my toenails than do yardwork (childhood thing). I mention that to say, even tho it's not my thing, I'm glad that it fulfills you.
    Thanks. Everyone thinks I am odd as Hell to do love doing yard work.

I havnt been on here is a a few days. Well Like a week. my mental health took a dive but I am getting back to the swing of things.

BANNED

While I can't relate specifically to yard work, I do the same with housework on occasion (not the regular upkeep, but the deep dive). When the mood hits it feels good and then after there's the satisfaction of knowing things are in order once again (until they fall out again, but then get to put them back in a row).

I havnt been on here is a a few days. Well Like a week. my mental health took a dive but I am getting back to the swing of things.
    Good to hear that things are coming back around.

I've been feeling like living with a mental illness makes me pretty worthless lately

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    I've been feeling like living with a mental illness makes me pretty worthless lately
    I understand that. You feel like a burden at times. or at least I do. What is going on right now that makes you feel that way?

I’ve gone inpatient twice myself for mental illness, namely depression and anxiety, and over time I have learned to overcome some of the shame and I can talk about it more easily with people. The shame has always led to my personal feelings of worthlessness during the hardest times. Sometimes the most difficult thing in this world is to just hang on. Take it one step at a time; we all have a tendency to expect too much out of ourselves.

Is that Suzie Su in your profile pic? I love her.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by TiaraPenny View Post
    I’ve gone inpatient twice myself for mental illness, namely depression and anxiety, and over time I have learned to overcome some of the shame and I can talk about it more easily with people. The shame has always led to my personal feelings of worthlessness during the hardest times. Sometimes the most difficult thing in this world is to just hang on. Take it one step at a time; we all have a tendency to expect too much out of ourselves.
    I know what you mean. I've never been diagnosed, with a mental illness, but I've had bouts where a hit to myself esteem rendered me almost useless because I was so depressed. When I get to that place in my head, I have to be very careful about booze, because I will overdo it hard.

I'm in such a place now over some work stuff. It's a couple of people who have charmed the big boss, and have appropriated the credit for what was mainly my work. My direct boss knows the score, but the way it's gone down has me trying to look over both shoulders at once. Worst of all, somebody I groused to in confidence leaked some of what I said to one of these people.

I know that if I hang on, the value I create will end up speaking for itself. But when you feel like that, the hanging on is hard.