Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

The night has been too lonely and the road has been too long...
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    The night has been too lonely and the road has been too long...
    PM me. Ill be here

It's soo hard to stay focused on my preparation for job interviews with ADHD affecting me.

Also, it has greatly helped my mental health to post on my favorite thread on a different popular forum on the topic of "what is on my mind" as it has helped me relieve some anxiety in the past couple of months. It doesn't help that they've been having issues with not being able to post for about a month now. It sucks, but oh well.
    Last edited by Oracle; 07-20-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Communitydetective View Post
    It's soo hard to stay focused on my preparation for job interviews with ADHD affecting me.

Also, it has greatly helped my mental health to post on my favorite thread on a different popular forum on the topic of "what is on my mind" as it has helped me relieve some anxiety in the past couple of months. It doesn't help that they've been having issues with not being able to post for about a month now. It sucks, but oh well.
    You might like an organization called Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) - https://chadd.org/. They have an online forum: https://healthunlocked.com/adult-ADHD
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Thank you for the recommendations, Rob Allen.

Are there any places I could get psychological help online if I don't have any money on me? I live outside US/UK/CA. Tried Reddit, tried Google. No luck.

I can't handle this alone. You know how people talk about "reaching their breaking point"? Well that happened to me years ago. And then again and again and again. Two days ago I almost lost my dad and yesterday I lost my granny. And that happened on top on my other problems, health issues etc etc. Now I just think about how pathetic my life and not sure what I could do to survive all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Are there any places I could get psychological help online if I don't have any money on me? I live outside US/UK/CA. Tried Reddit, tried Google. No luck.

I can't handle this alone. You know how people talk about "reaching their breaking point"? Well that happened to me years ago. And then again and again and again. Two days ago I almost lost my dad and yesterday I lost my granny. And that happened on top on my other problems, health issues etc etc. Now I just think about how pathetic my life and not sure what I could do to survive all of this.
    There should always be a service for an emergency. In every country. Like a free number you can call. I know what you mean by reaching a breaking point... Then another and another. You are not alone with this. PM me, if you like. The least I can do is listen. Maybe even offer some perspective. I've been struggling for years as well. It was hard to reach out for me. Especially to people close to me. Take care and be safe

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post

Not sure what country you are in but a lot have a national hotline you can call, or there is the option of going to the emergency room of you hospital. Most places will tag you with a few days stay but it would be a good chance to see a doctor and they can help set you up with low cost/free options in your area.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I am right now in the middle of a rough divorce. I miss my wife everyday, I still love her very much. I do not see my kids as much anymore which blows. I got back into comics because I felt lonely and comics always made me feel not alone.

Please someone or even anyone that has been through a divorce...tell me things will get better down the line? We were together for over 25 years. Ever since high school.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I am right now in the middle of a rough divorce. I miss my wife everyday, I still love her very much. I do not see my kids as much anymore which blows. I got back into comics because I felt lonely and comics always made me feel not alone.

Please someone or even anyone that has been through a divorce...tell me things will get better down the line? We were together for over 25 years. Ever since high school.
    I haven't been where you are. I'm not divorced and I have no kids to lose, but I'm probably about your age.

I have been in a place where I thought I'd lost everything. You keep taking one more step because you never know which step it's going to be that carries you into a brighter day. You don't cure he whole problem, you just take one more step. The first step in happiness is surviving, and the first step in surviving is taking care of the one thing in front of you that's got to be done.

Write all this Got To Be Done Stuff down. Pick whats got to be first and do it. Then move on to the next. Make Sure Your Kids Know You Love Them belongs on the list.

Maybe you can reconcile, but above all, make a life you want to live.

Finally, take advantage of support groups in your area. Don't depend on random internet weirdos like me. Find people near you that can help you through this.

Hoping for you man.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I haven't been where you are. I'm not divorced and I have no kids to lose, but I'm probably about your age.

I have been in a place where I thought I'd lost everything. You keep taking one more step because you never know which step it's going to be that carries you into a brighter day. You don't cure he whole problem, you just take one more step. The first step in happiness is surviving, and the first step in surviving is taking care of the one thing in front of you that's got to be done.

Write all this Got To Be Done Stuff down. Pick whats got to be first and do it. Then move on to the next. Make Sure Your Kids Know You Love Them belongs on the list.

Maybe you can reconcile, but above all, make a life you want to live.

Finally, take advantage of support groups in your area. Don't depend on random internet weirdos like me. Find people near you that can help you through this.

Hoping for you man.
    Thanks man
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Boisterously Confused

Babyblob, thank you for starting this. Sometimes, hearing and sharing makes dealing with my own issues easier.

Blessings man.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Babyblob, thank you for starting this. Sometimes, hearing and sharing makes dealing with my own issues easier.

Blessings man.
    I am glad it is helping I wasnt sure when I first started it. But I am glad it is still active.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am glad it is helping I wasnt sure when I first started it. But I am glad it is still active.
    Yes, thank you very much. This helped today big time.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Yes, thank you very much. This helped today big time.
    What's your favorite Batman stuff? Stories, adaptations. You can also PM me. I'm 39 never married but wish I did. No kids but wish for 1 or 2