Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Please someone or even anyone that has been through a divorce...tell me things will get better down the line? We were together for over 25 years. Ever since high school.
    My first wife and I were together for 14 years, starting when I was 19. It does get better. You will get a clearer idea of who you are. DrNewGod's advice was really good; read it again.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    My first wife and I were together for 14 years, starting when I was 19. It does get better. You will get a clearer idea of who you are. DrNewGod's advice was really good; read it again.
    Thank you my friend.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    What's your favorite Batman stuff? Stories, adaptations. You can also PM me. I'm 39 never married but wish I did. No kids but wish for 1 or 2
    I am a Batman freak. I collect all Bat related comics, figures, old memorabilia, literally everything Batman I am on it. I own over 100 Batman shirts. I once won a very expensive bottle of scotch worth a ton of $$$ because I filled out a Batman essay when I was 25 years old stating I am one of the biggest Batman fan in the world (I know I am actually not but I still won).
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Incredible Member

I am a Batman freak.
    You might enjoy these discussion threads at the site in my signature:

https://classiccomics.org/thread/741...haxper-hoosier

https://classiccomics.org/thread/171...ad-batman-fans
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    You might enjoy these discussion threads at the site in my signature:

https://classiccomics.org/thread/741...haxper-hoosier

https://classiccomics.org/thread/171...ad-batman-fans
    Wow thanks. That site looks amazing.

My mental health has been interesting to say the least in the last week. I went from bad depression and right now I am in day two of an extreme manic phase. I am super high with enrgy, my thoughts are racing and it is nuts. I am in a great mood which is good but it is a little too high right now.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I am a Batman freak. I collect all Bat related comics, figures, old memorabilia, literally everything Batman I am on it. I own over 100 Batman shirts. I once won a very expensive bottle of scotch worth a ton of $$$ because I filled out a Batman essay when I was 25 years old stating I am one of the biggest Batman fan in the world (I know I am actually not but I still won).
    Hvae you ever read any of the Golden Age Stuff? What would you say your favorite Run on Batman is? Like what era?
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-06-2021 at 06:04 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Hvae you ever rad any of the Golden Age Stuff? What would you say your favorite Run on Batman is? Like what era?
    I own (plus my dad) a ton of Golden Age stuff. Just have not got the time yet to read it all. I love the 80's. I love how Batman went from friendly hero to dark and not that friendly.

I own (plus my dad) a ton of Golden Age stuff. Just have not got the time yet to read it all. I love the 80's. I love how Batman went from friendly hero to dark and not that friendly.
    The 80s was a good time. Myself I love the goofy Silver age late 50's and 60s Batman. What would you say is your favorite Batman Story? Mini or single issue doesnt matter.

The 80s was a good time. Myself I love the goofy Silver age late 50's and 60s Batman. What would you say is your favorite Batman Story? Mini or single issue doesnt matter.
    I really did love Scott Snyder's Court of Owls run. I got to talk with Scott a ton when I lived in San Diego CA and went to many of the comic cons.

I also love Knightfall as I was a young kid when that all happened.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

You're a man of wealth and taste. My favorite Batman tale ever is YEAR ONE. I hate batgod. Favorite runs are by Morrison, Dini and Rucka and I think Gotham Central is the best thing ever. Favorite movie: Batman Begins or Mask of the Phantasm depending on the day. You can always PM me about Batman stuff or we can exchange Emails if you like. We can also talk about mental health. Bruce isn't the most healthy guy at times but he's still an ideal I want to keep looking up to. He never gave up. Always tries his best. We just do the same.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

My mental health has been interesting to say the least in the last week. I went from bad depression and right now I am in day two of an extreme manic phase. I am super high with enrgy, my thoughts are racing and it is nuts. I am in a great mood which is good but it is a little too high right now.
    I also would like to thank you for this thread. It was a great idea.

I am right now in the middle of a rough divorce. I miss my wife everyday, I still love her very much. I do not see my kids as much anymore which blows. I got back into comics because I felt lonely and comics always made me feel not alone.

Please someone or even anyone that has been through a divorce...tell me things will get better down the line? We were together for over 25 years. Ever since high school.
    I can tell you it does get easier.

I'm about 5 years removed from a divorce. I loved my wife very much and did not want to get divorced. It's very hard, but you will get through it. If I can get through it, anyone can. Besides my love for her, I also have very severe Unipolar depression.

And yes it does blow not seeing the kids as much. It's really hard. But Stay strong, and you have to be the best dad you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I can tell you it does get easier.

I'm about 5 years removed from a divorce. I loved my wife very much and did not want to get divorced. It's very hard, but you will get through it. If I can get through it, anyone can. Besides my love for her, I also have very severe Unipolar depression.

And yes it does blow not seeing the kids as much. It's really hard. But Stay strong, and you have to be the best dad you can be.
    Thanks my friend. Your words mean a lot. Just trying to get by day by day.

Thanks my friend. Your words mean a lot. Just trying to get by day by day.
    I totally understand. That's exactly right. Day to day right now. Keep us posted bud. It will get easier.