Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Well did 10 and half weeks of working out at the gym. this week only did 2 days as I sprang my leg and decide to take a small break. but realized in the last minute to go atleast do 2 days that week. I decided to change my schedule a bit to shock my muscle, hopefully it works athough Legs will continue to be Thursday as the leg machines and weights are almost empty that day and less competition to occupied said machine or leg press. I began each workout, warming myself up to Bloodsport Ost, then drive to the gym, work out 6 exercises 5 sets each, on a specific group of muscles, and then 30 min threadmill or elliptical while listening to music on my music player to playlist of either 80s, 90s, anime music, or video game music, then I finished with stretching, and get myself a smoothie with the right amount of protein,fiber and calories. As for my mental health, well I saw my therapist and he's happy by my consistency and improving in other areas in my life. I paid off my trip to Japan athough I might do another exchange to get more yen before I go in June. I still drink my macha green tea and water, my eating is more less healthier, I do indulged sometimes but not often. every once in a while out of nostalgia and its cheap I would eat fast food but I try to eat health with the right amount of calories, fiber, protein and vitamins and minerals. I drink mostly water, with some milk for more protein and milk. I still having a hard time making new friends in church, being social don't come natural to me but I do feel like like total crap that I did not partake in helping in ministry in packing school lunches for under privileged kids, im still beating myself up over it. making new friends is never easy especially as I become more distrustful in other Christians in most churches even if the one I go to is a smaller church and not like those mega churches with the scandals and cover ups. i can't help but be a judgemental jerk in my head always suspecting that this person is probably another MAGA nutjob or Trumper even if there the chance I could be wrong. I don't know. the pandemic did a number on my views on Christianity even if do believe in its basic teachings and I follow more liberal minded believers. I still hang out with my friends who are conservative and has toxic masculinity, they still rag on me for being liberal and voting against Trump. Not all my friends are like that but just the ones I see regularly. I been trying not have any political discussion even if I'm tempted to ask questions on what they think on a certain subject like asking "was it poor timing and taste to have a Maga rally during the 30th anniversary of the Waco siege in that same city?". we did watch John Wick 4 and had a good time though. I'm going to Japan with these people, we will love it, we love manga and comics.(even if their mindset is more agreeable to comicsgate over manga being better, or politics in comics). I do need to budget my weekly comics, but I been spending less and reading more on omnibus, since I started I read 15 omnibus, with the more recent Avengers omnibus by Busiek and Perez, X-Force omnibus 1 and 2(Liefeld art was tough but yeah once he left, and Fabian fully took over writing, it gets better, and currently reading Thunderbolts omnibus by Busiek and Bagley) and on manga I started Ranma 1/2 with their 2 in 1 edition and Rumiko Takashi latest work Mao, and Kaguya Sama love is war and the author other work Oshi no Ko, yeah reading alot. I like reading in bed with my cats lying with me even if they do sometimes get in the way lol. its relaxing. yeah just a update on my status, Thanks. so yeah goal, continue where Im doing, eating a little better, save more, buy less. be more responsible, less afraid to drive to places but not too far.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 03-26-2023 at 02:18 PM.

Some people may have noticed that my activity on the board has not been much the last couple weeks.

I have been in a very bad mental state and going through a lot.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Some people may have noticed that my activity on the board has not been much the last couple weeks.

I have been in a very bad mental state and going through a lot.
    Sorry to hear that blob. We are here to talk, or just listen to you vent.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Sorry to hear that blob. We are here to talk, or just listen to you vent.
    Thank you. But this is my normal but job crazies.

It kicked off when like a dumbass I thought I was cured of my mental health issues and quit taking my meds. I was off of them over a month and now I am trying to get readjusted to them and it is not easy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

That is very common. The meds make you feel better, so you don't think you need the meds anymore. And only when you stop them do you realize that is what made you feel better.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

That is very common. The meds make you feel better, so you don't think you need the meds anymore. And only when you stop them do you realize that is what made you feel better.
    That is it.

There is also another issue. I am starting to feel resentful at taking NY pills. All I wanrlt is to be normal like everyone else. I an upset and depressed that I can't have that. Every time I look at my pills I get so angry.

Incredible Member

I discovered last week that my ADHD medication had pushed my blood pressure up 20 points. So I'm unmedicated for a while to see if it goes back down.

This is the second medication I tried. The first one suppressed my appetite so much that I lost 20 pounds without realizing it was happening.

They made me feel so much better, and function so much better, but they aren't sustainable.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

That is it.

There is also another issue. I am starting to feel resentful at taking NY pills. All I wanrlt is to be normal like everyone else. I an upset and depressed that I can't have that. Every time I look at my pills I get so angry.
    It's an illness, like any other. People take pills for their heart or diabetes or, like me, their prostate. It's as normal as anything else. You aren't different from anyone else that needs medication for any health issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    I discovered last week that my ADHD medication had pushed my blood pressure up 20 points. So I'm unmedicated for a while to see if it goes back down.

This is the second medication I tried. The first one suppressed my appetite so much that I lost 20 pounds without realizing it was happening.

They made me feel so much better, and function so much better, but they aren't sustainable.
    I hope you find a way through. The other affects of medicine can be a big problem. It's not just meds for psychiatric problems. I have had to stop medicine that had bad side effects. My wife was taken something that helped her nerve pain a great deal, until it lowered her white blood cell count to a dangerous level.

It's an illness, like any other. People take pills for their heart or diabetes or, like me, their prostate. It's as normal as anything else. You aren't different from anyone else that needs medication for any health issue.
    I am sorry you are going through this. Some times it takes a long time to find the right Ned's. It took me 5 years to get my meds right.

I took my meds the last two days. It was not easy.

I just want to be normal. I want to be like everyone else.

I have to take 9 pills and a once a month shot

I look at those pills and I am so angry. I just want to be normal. Just for a couple days.

You are as normal as any of us comic book geeks blob

I took my meds the last two days. It was not easy.

I just want to be normal. I want to be like everyone else.

I have to take 9 pills and a once a month shot

I look at those pills and I am so angry. I just want to be normal. Just for a couple days.
    Like you, I wanna be normal.

But I have issues with depression and anxiety. I still do.

Please don't stigmatize yourself with this not being normal. Everyone has problems, most people have bouts of depression. You just need some help. But there is nothing abnormal about you.
    I get wanting to feel better, but you are normal.

Please don't stigmatize yourself with this not being normal. Everyone has problems, most people have bouts of depression. You just need some help. But there is nothing abnormal about you.
    I get wanting to feel better, but you are normal.
    I get what you are saying and I am thankful for your words.

But my thing is I have 5 voices in my head. I lay in bed for data on end and cry. I cant leave my house alone. And even with a person going with me u have panic attacks damn near every time.

And for years people with mental Heath disorders have been called abnormal for years. Told there is something wring with us. To just get over it and buck up.

It is not something that we can over cone in just a couple if weeks.

We have this mind set because for pretty much our whole lives society have given us this mind set