Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Sending good vibes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

I have frequent anxiety, but now I have two somethings new to be anxious about. My eyesight has gotten dark, as in everything seems dark, even during the day----I can still see, just not very well. And I can't see faces farther than about 10 feet....and recognize them. Also, reading printed words is one of my favorite things, so the thought of losing that ability eventually is terrifying.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I have frequent anxiety, but now I have two somethings new to be anxious about. My eyesight has gotten dark, as in everything seems dark, even during the day----I can still see, just not very well. And I can't see faces farther than about 10 feet....and recognize them. Also, reading printed words is one of my favorite things, so the thought of losing that ability eventually is terrifying.
    Might be dust,pollen where you're sleeping. Certain things you eat can dry out your eyes too.

You need to get that checked right away. Eye health is not something you want to put off.

I wish you the best and hope it is nothing serious.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Default Mental Health update

I had a very productive counseling session today and I'm very happy about that. The material me and my counselor talked about was about basic problems I have in life but I found it helpful.

I'm sure I'm going to find the advice not-helpful though in the next few days though, somehow, knowing me.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson

I think that quote applies to life in general as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    I had a very productive counseling session today and I'm very happy about that. The material me and my counselor talked about was about basic problems I have in life but I found it helpful.

I'm sure I'm going to find the advice not-helpful though in the next few days though, somehow, knowing me.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson

I think that quote applies to life in general as well.
    I am very glad you counseling session went well.

One of the hardest thins is to put ourselves in a place where we will find the advice helpful and follow through with acting on it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am very glad you counseling session went well.

One of the hardest thins is to put ourselves in a place where we will find the advice helpful and follow through with acting on it.
    I agree bud, thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by Oracle; 06-05-2023 at 04:06 PM.

Today was not a great day for me. When I was at the store I walked into the liquor department and pick out a bottle. I got as far as the checkout before I gave it to the worker and told him to get it away from me.

But it really upset me that I almost blew 13 years of sobriety. I have my dad who depends on me and if I got drunk it would put him at risk if he needed my help. My mom who has given me more chances then I can count would have been very hurt had I drank.

I was so upset with myself I punched a brick wall. Now my hand is swollen and I can make a fist. I am going to the Er tomorrow to get an xray.

So yes a bad day for me.

Today was not a great day for me. When I was at the store I walked into the liquor department and pick out a bottle. I got as far as the checkout before I gave it to the worker and told him to get it away from me.

But it really upset me that I almost blew 13 years of sobriety. I have my dad who depends on me and if I got drunk it would put him at risk if he needed my help. My mom who has given me more chances then I can count would have been very hurt had I drank.

I was so upset with myself I punched a brick wall. Now my hand is swollen and I can make a fist. I am going to the Er tomorrow to get an xray.

So yes a bad day for me.
    I think putting back the bottle and not buying it makes it a great day for you.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So, about that...

Very rarely drink myself. It's enough of an issue that there was a point where it was going to be "Drinking..." or "People...", and "People..." came out on top.

That said...

If I should hear the version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" that The Carpenters released on Christmas Portrait during the holidays?

A scene quite a bit like the one described will wind up playing out. I've spent forty-five minutes or an hour standing in a "Liquor..." department before deciding to just leave everything on the shelf.

While I do get the take that leaving it there is a net "Win..." and it might look like a great day.

It has never once felt anything like a great day when I have been in that spot.

All that said, good that it played out the way that it did. Hopefully, things take a turn for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This is what I am trying to tell myself. It is just hard to see. I do thank you for your kind and supportive words.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So, about that...

Very rarely drink myself. It's enough of an issue that there was a point where it was going to be "Drinking..." or "People...", and "People..." came out on top.

That said...

If I should hear the version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" that The Carpenters released on Christmas Portrait during the holidays?

A scene quite a bit like the one described will wind up playing out. I've spent forty-five minutes or an hour standing in a "Liquor..." department before deciding to just leave everything on the shelf.

While I do get the take that leaving it there is a net "Win..." and it might look like a great day.

It has never once felt anything like a great day when I have been in that spot.

All that said, good that it played out the way that it did. Hopefully, things take a turn for the better.
    I understand what you mean about it not feeling like a great day. Maybe tomorrow I can feel like this is a win but as of right now I feel like a failure. Not only did I almost buy the bottle but liquor is all I have been thinking about for the rest of the day.

I do thank you both for your thoughts and words.

I understand you feel weak. We are all weak sometimes, nobody can be strong 24/7. But what's important is overcoming those weak times. You did not let it beat you, and that is what is important. One day at a time.

Keep telling yourself that you didn't fail even if you don't feel it right now.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 06-05-2023 at 05:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

You need to get that checked right away. Eye health is not something you want to put off.

I wish you the best and hope it is nothing serious.
    I don't think there's a point. My life is worthless in every way; and there's no hope for anything getting better. My sight it getting words, to the extent that it takes me vastly longer than it shold to type this as I can barely see the keyboard. I wish I had never been born.

I don't think there's a point. My life is worthless in every way; and there's no hope for anything getting better. My sight it getting words, to the extent that it takes me vastly longer than it shold to type this as I can barely see the keyboard. I wish I had never been born.
    There is always a reason to go on. Losing your sight is a tragic I wish I could help you through that. I think it would be best to talk to a therapist or some other sight challenged people. They would have good advice to help you deal with this issue.

My dumbass rage moment punching that brick wall has given me a bad injury in my left hand. I have two broken fingers and a fractured wrist. So a moment of weakness and rage is going to have me in a cast for the next 8-10 weeks. I am very tired as I went to the er at 1 am and was there for 5 hours.