Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Good to hear that things are seemingly going well.
    Thank you
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    o about 7 years ago I gave up on my writing. I dont why but I just gave up.

At the start of 2023 I began to write again. I had the urge and my passion returned. I have a bad mental health disorder and I found that writing really helped me cope. On days I felt suicidal I wrote in a journal and that helped me get my feeling out and see things were not so bad. I worked on my stories and it helped me escape into A new world.

I only have 3 chapters left to be done with my first draft of my fantasy novel. And getting lost in that world interacting with the charaters has been such a positive thing. I am not going to feel bad when the novel is done because I am trying to turn it into a series. It is a little intimidating but I think I can do it.

So to all those going through a rough time maybe try writing. because it literally saved this man's life.

Thank you all for listen to my ramble. I am manic as Hell today
    BabyBlob, thank you for being a positive voice and sharing your experience. You are inspirational! I have been suffering from bouts of anxiety and mania for the last four months. I have not sought professional medical help yet as I have found ways to help myself without medication. Today I'm starting to level out after an episode of mania and not being able to sleep for almost three days. I find that I usually have to keep my mind busy with unstressful work or entertainment. These forums and comics or reading help me get through it. I've always wanted to try my hand at storytelling or journaling and your post was something I needed to see at this moment. The universe works in mysterious and wonderful ways.

Stay strong and congratulations on your writing progress! I look forward to hearing more about your novel when it's published.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    BabyBlob, thank you for being a positive voice and sharing your experience. You are inspirational! I have been suffering from bouts of anxiety and mania for the last four months. I have not sought professional medical help yet as I have found ways to help myself without medication. Today I'm starting to level out after an episode of mania and not being able to sleep for almost three days. I find that I usually have to keep my mind busy with unstressful work or entertainment. These forums and comics or reading help me get through it. I've always wanted to try my hand at storytelling or journaling and your post was something I needed to see at this moment. The universe works in mysterious and wonderful ways.

Stay strong and congratulations on your writing progress! I look forward to hearing more about your novel when it's published.
    Thank you very much. You post also made me feel good. I am glad you are leveling out. I have been in a manic phase that is lasting three days. I know how hard to get out of it. I am glad that you have come out of it and are ok.

You should try your hand at story telling. Journaling is a good way to express your feeling. Sometimes getting it out of you brain can be a large help. it has been for me.

As to my novel I am not going to publish it. My writing is for me. if I try to publish it I will have to make it perfect and it will take the fun out of it. I am always up for sharing my work with those interested.

Stay strong and keep the faith my friend.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

For me, my anxiety stems from a combination of factors. Growing up, I always felt a lot of pressure to succeed, both from my family and myself. I was constantly worried about not meeting expectations or failing in some way. As I got older, those feelings of inadequacy followed me into my adult life, and I found myself constantly overthinking everything and feeling like I was never good enough.
    On top of that, I've always been a bit of a perfectionist, which only worsens my anxiety. I'm constantly striving for perfection in everything I do, which, as you can imagine, is pretty exhausting and often leads to feelings of frustration and self-doubt.
    Managing anxiety is an ongoing process for me. I've been trying out this app called Calmer, which has been helping me cope with my anxiety. It's got a bunch of different breathing techniques and exercises that are super helpful in calming my mind and grounding myself when I start to feel overwhelmed.
    I've also incorporated regular exercise into my routine. Going for a jog or hitting the gym, getting my body moving, helps release tension and boosts my mood.
    Dealing with anxiety is definitely manageable with the right tools and support.
    Last edited by AxolotlThe_4th; 02-16-2024 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AxolotlThe_4th View Post
    For me, my anxiety stems from a combination of factors. Growing up, I always felt a lot of pressure to succeed, both from my family and myself. I was constantly worried about not meeting expectations or failing in some way. As I got older, those feelings of inadequacy followed me into my adult life, and I found myself constantly overthinking everything and feeling like I was never good enough.
    On top of that, I've always been a bit of a perfectionist, which only worsens my anxiety. I'm constantly striving for perfection in everything I do, which, as you can imagine, is pretty exhausting and often leads to feelings of frustration and self-doubt.
    Have you tried therapy. I think you could be helped by learning some techniques on how to look at the feelings that cause this anxiety. What I mean is rather than go into the anxiety and let the thoughts escalate, you could find ways to talk to yourself so you don't go down the hole. I know it's not easy, but a good cognitve therapist could help.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I am a nervous wreck today. My father went into the hospital Yesterday with fluid in his lungs. I did not sleep well at all as I am not used to being home alone. I am going to the hospital today to be with my dad while they run some tests. I just want my father home so we can get back to normal.

I am a nervous wreck today. My father went into the hospital Yesterday with fluid in his lungs. I did not sleep well at all as I am not used to being home alone. I am going to the hospital today to be with my dad while they run some tests. I just want my father home so we can get back to normal.
    Sorry to hear. Remember to just stop and breathe. It helps from things getting overwhelming.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I am doing better today. My dads tests came back good. No red flags on his heart and they are giving him meds to drain the fluid in his lungs. If all goes well he should be home on Saturday. On my end I am holding up better than I thought. I had a good day visiting with my dad today and the good news on his tests have put my mind at ease.

Today was a really good day. My dad got home from the hospital yesterday and today he rested because of how tired he was. He is standing and walking much better and the shortness of breath is gone.

Now I need a recovery day from all the stress I have been under the last few days.

And do that blob. You have to take care of yourself as much as your dad. It's like flying, put the oxygen mask on yourself first.

I have not been very active on the boards the last week or so. My dad is home from the hospital but he is still having a rough time. He has his physical therapy and is seeing doctors but things are still not easy.

On the good side he is getting his wheelchair on Monday. My landlord is building the ramp he needs on the outside stairs. So things are looking up.

It is been hard to get my head on right. All of my coping skills have not been working. I have not been writing or playing my games. I have not been reading. I have been pretty much walking around like a zombie sick with worry about my dad and trying to set up all of his appointments keeping his meds right.

I want my dad to stay home with me, but sometimes I have been wondering if I have the mental strength to take care of him the way he needs.

I am pretty stressed out. I think I am going to be taken. The last four nights I have had the same dream. A ship hovering over my house and a being lowered out of it. It walks to my front door and opens it. That is when I wake up. The same dream four nights in a row. Something is coming for me. I feel it.

I am pretty stressed out. I think I am going to be taken. The last four nights I have had the same dream. A ship hovering over my house and a being lowered out of it. It walks to my front door and opens it. That is when I wake up. The same dream four nights in a row. Something is coming for me. I feel it.
    You dreams reflect your wishes an fears. Being taken by a demon, a succubus, and today, aliens have been common in mankind for our history. There are no aliens in flying saucers taking people. This is just your anxiety coming through in your dreams. There is enough in life to worry about without adding to with your dream fantasies. Think about what is really troubling you and confront that. It is probably not as bad as we make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You dreams reflect your wishes an fears. Being taken by a demon, a succubus, and today, aliens have been common in mankind for our history. There are no aliens in flying saucers taking people. This is just your anxiety coming through in your dreams. There is enough in life to worry about without adding to with your dream fantasies. Think about what is really troubling you and confront that. It is probably not as bad as we make it out to be.
    You seem to be right. Several days later and I have not been taken. Though I have been watching the skies. I guess I am just stressed about my dads health. This has been a very rough few days.

Personally, I've found that talking about my own struggles with anxiety and finding a community that understands has been incredibly therapeutic. It makes a world of difference to know you're not alone in your experiences. Like you, I also turn to hobbies as a form of distraction and coping mechanism. For me, it’s been painting and sometimes just getting lost in a good book.

In my quest to understand more about mental health and find support, I've come across several health resources that offer guidance, tips for managing symptoms, and connecting with others facing similar challenges. It's been a helpful complement to professional advice and therapy.
    Last edited by v4umanagements; 04-02-2024 at 11:18 AM.