Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Just checking in on you all. How is everyone doing?
    Things have been going well. I had a good Thanksgiving with my father. it was nice and relaxing. I have a doctors appointment in the morning tomorrow as a check up.

How have things been going on your end?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

First day back to work since Wednesday so my ADD was cranked up on high. Otherwise just keeping my anxiety in check because every December I tend to get depressed, not because of the holiday but I think from the time change.

First day back to work since Wednesday so my ADD was cranked up on high. Otherwise just keeping my anxiety in check because every December I tend to get depressed, not because of the holiday but I think from the time change.
    See I am the opposite. I lvoe the time change. people get bummed in the winter I love it. I get really bummed in the Spring and Summer.

How was your first day back at work? Did it go smoothly?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I had over stimulation. Mondays are busy anyway but we closed early Wednesday and was closed Thursday and Friday so it was overkill today with the phone ringing and such. Since I don't want to take meds for my ADD I try to be mindful of the triggers.
    Other than being busy it mostly went smoothly.
    How about you?

I had over stimulation. Mondays are busy anyway but we closed early Wednesday and was closed Thursday and Friday so it was overkill today with the phone ringing and such. Since I don't want to take meds for my ADD I try to be mindful of the triggers.
    Other than being busy it mostly went smoothly.
    How about you?
    Over Stimulation can be a huge thing for me. I cant watch some shows at certain times, And I have had music kick me into a manic phase. I try to monitor my moods so I know what activities I can handle that day. That is why I like reading books and comics so much. Still words and still pictures. Most days I can always handle that.

I just wanted to see how everyone was doing. Making sure all are doing well.

I have been bouncing back and forth. Today I am manic as all get out and walking like crazy.

I lost my case manager at the start of the month. he has been my case manager for 5 years and we talked about everything and he really helped. My new case manager while nice is not as reliable. And when I go to the store with him he stays in the car to do paper work or make calls. So I go into the store alone and that has been super stressful. I have been doing more orders online to get delivered even though it costs me more money.

But on the plus side my dads health has improved a pretty good bit. So I am going to very much enjoy that and be thankful for that

I hope everyone is doing well and remember as crazy as things are in the world right now we are never alone

The last couple of days have been hard. Last night my nephew was in a very bad hit skip car accident on his way home. The car is a loss but dont care about that. The most important thing is he walked away with only a concussion and dislocated shoulder. It could have been a Hell of a lot worse.

Then I turn on the news and see about the school shooting. I am having a break down. I just dont know. I thought I saw every kind of evil in prison. I cant even begin to think of what makes a person do something like that.

This country is so broken when something like this happens. And I cant even picture how to fix this. The events of the world sometimes you look and dont see how things are going to get better.

I know things will get better. But it is hard seeing that right now.

I hope everyone is doing well. I hope everyone has someone they can go to. I hope we all hug our loved ones a little longer tonight. Just remember we are not alone. This is one world and we are all in this together.

Hey there...happy to see this thread still is out here.

I am doing so much better than I was in 2021. I feel healthy, I quit drinking (not that I drank much at all), I focus on nothing but family now. I even have a great relationship with my ex wife which I never thought could happen.

We live in a very crazy world these days. Find that little piece of something you love and focus on that. It actually works. I am living proof.

In a year from today I will have a new home, back in nursing school and I will be the best person I can be.

Love you all.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Hey there...happy to see this thread still is out here.

I am doing so much better than I was in 2021. I feel healthy, I quit drinking (not that I drank much at all), I focus on nothing but family now. I even have a great relationship with my ex wife which I never thought could happen.

We live in a very crazy world these days. Find that little piece of something you love and focus on that. It actually works. I am living proof.

In a year from today I will have a new home, back in nursing school and I will be the best person I can be.

Love you all.
    Thank you for posting this. This makes me so happy. I am so happy you are in a better place. I am glad you stopped drinking. Even if it wasnt much it is a huge step A place to live and going back to school are huge. I cant tell you how happy I am my friend! Great Job

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thank you for posting this. This makes me so happy. I am so happy you are in a better place. I am glad you stopped drinking. Even if it wasnt much it is a huge step A place to live and going back to school are huge. I cant tell you how happy I am my friend! Great Job
    Thanks for keeping this thread going. Your a good man.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Thanks for keeping this thread going. Your a good man.
    I figure with everything the last couple weeks we could all use a shoulder. I needed a place to vent and I very much see this as a safe space. I have met some great people here and this site has helped me through a lot. I want everyone here to be safe and happy.

Your story was just what I needed today. Thank you so much for sharing

Stopping drinking is hard. I have been sober since July 2010. if you ever need to talk or just vent please send me a PM.

That goes for anyone who needs anything. I am not super great at advice but I will be here for anyone who needs to vent or cry or whatever they need. because you all have been here for me more then you all know. And we are all in this together.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I figure with everything the last couple weeks we could all use a shoulder. I needed a place to vent and I very much see this as a safe space. I have met some great people here and this site has helped me through a lot. I want everyone here to be safe and happy.

Your story was just what I needed today. Thank you so much for sharing

Stopping drinking is hard. I have been sober since July 2010. if you ever need to talk or just vent please send me a PM.

That goes for anyone who needs anything. I am not super great at advice but I will be here for anyone who needs to vent or cry or whatever they need. because you all have been here for me more then you all know. And we are all in this together.
    I have not had one beer in a month and I am down 12 lbs. I feel great.

Extraordinary Member

I am at my wit's end. I suffer from chronic depression plus very severe panic attacks of the sort that have me running out of my house at 2 in the morning in the cold. I have tried a shrink, mediation and yoga of various forms....and many other things, but only one thing works; take a Xanax when I feel it coming on. However, I had to change insurance because my old on went up $400 a month, way more than I can afford, given what it already was. Which meant a gap in coverage. Now, my old doctor is booked up till the end of the year and I'm suffering near constant panic attacks, and it's horrible. Plus, it's making me more depressed.

I know there's probably nothing that can be done, but I just wanted to vent, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I am at my wit's end. I suffer from chronic depression plus very severe panic attacks of the sort that have me running out of my house at 2 in the morning in the cold. I have tried a shrink, mediation and yoga of various forms....and many other things, but only one thing works; take a Xanax when I feel it coming on. However, I had to change insurance because my old on went up $400 a month, way more than I can afford, given what it already was. Which meant a gap in coverage. Now, my old doctor is booked up till the end of the year and I'm suffering near constant panic attacks, and it's horrible. Plus, it's making me more depressed.

I know there's probably nothing that can be done, but I just wanted to vent, sorry.
    Have you tried going the non insurance route with vouchers from the drug company or places like GoodRX. You might be surprised to find the drug more affordable.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post

I am very sorry to hear this. Kirby has a good idea with Good Rx. That saved me a good amount of money when there was a gap in my dads insurance a couple years ago.