Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Why do you fee; stupid. I am sorry if it was anything I did.
    I guess I just felt self-conscious

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    I guess I just felt self-conscious
    I dealt with that feeling for years as I was battling my disorder. Them I came to realize that the problem people have with my disorder, the way they judge me and others because of it says a lot more about the type of people they are then about what I am going through.

Today is a bad mental health day for me. I am hearing my voices bad, cant focus, and am full of energy. It is only just after ten and I have already walked three miles.
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-11-2020 at 08:19 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I dealt with that feeling for years as I was battling my disorder. Them I came to realize that the problem people have with my disorder, the way they judge me and others because of it says a lot more about the type of people they are then about what I am going through.

Today is a bad mental health day for me. I am hearing my voices bad, cant focus, and am full of energy. It is only just after ten and I have already walked three miles.
    Problem for me is when I'm like that I usually end up staying awake for days or only sleeping sporadically. Lately I've been sick and hearing voices telling me negative things, but feeling those negative symptoms too.

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Problem for me is when I'm like that I usually end up staying awake for days or only sleeping sporadically. Lately I've been sick and hearing voices telling me negative things, but feeling those negative symptoms too.
    Are you seeing a doctor or are you on meds?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The last couple of days have not been very good. I have been depressed and disinterested in doing anything. Today my dad is really sick and weak so I am worried about that. I was going to see my doctor today but she called l yesterday saying that she has a family emergency.

I am just thank for this site. I have been jumping on here every little bit and reading posts.

The last couple of days have not been very good. I have been depressed and disinterested in doing anything. Today my dad is really sick and weak so I am worried about that. I was going to see my doctor today but she called l yesterday saying that she has a family emergency.

I am just thank for this site. I have been jumping on here every little bit and reading posts.
    Even though you might be disinterested at the moment, try and use your comics for a bit of escapism. 10 minutes reading a floppy might just give you a bit of a lift.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Even though you might be disinterested at the moment, try and use your comics for a bit of escapism. 10 minutes reading a floppy might just give you a bit of a lift.
    Thank you for the advice. I am forcing myself to read today. I have read three Amazing Spiderman. The early stuff and that always makes me feel better.

The hits keep on coming. My older cat has a really bad infection and sore on his foot. I have an appointment with the vet this afternoon but he is in a lot of pain and it is making me sad. Over the last three days I have been hearing voices, been depressed, my dad is sick and now my cat is in a bad way. I feel like I am losing my mind. I am trying very hard to do things to distract myself like reading comics and coming on this site. But nothing really seems to be helping today.

I have severe anxiety which manifests typically in obsessive compulsive behavior and irritability. The best I can explain to my wife is that I'm unable to compartmentalize the things that make me anxious so if you imagine a moving box, where you are moving glasses, instead of placing them side by side which would make sense and be easier, it would be like if you stacked them all sky high. It's difficult to carry and if you drop one of them it cascades and you end up showered in glass.

I take medication for it which helps control the anxiety but it severely diminishes my drive to work out and be proactive, which is about the only good thing my anxiety does for me. Essentially, it makes me more pleasant for everyone else to be around, but I feel lazy which I abhor.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-13-2020 at 10:09 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

The hits keep on coming. My older cat has a really bad infection and sore on his foot. I have an appointment with the vet this afternoon but he is in a lot of pain and it is making me sad. Over the last three days I have been hearing voices, been depressed, my dad is sick and now my cat is in a bad way. I feel like I am losing my mind. I am trying very hard to do things to distract myself like reading comics and coming on this site. But nothing really seems to be helping today.
    Sorry to hear about your cat having that infection. My family has two living under our roof; and it's rough to see them when they are suffering. I hope the visit to the vet will bring a chance of relief.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your current problems. I always find music to be the best pick-me-up.

Perhaps you could give Bat Out Of Hell II a thorough listen? It obviously won't make your issues go away but it might give you an hour or so's relief from them.

I hope things pick up for you.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Keep safe, all.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Thank you both for your kind words. I am back from the vet. I am glad I went. My cat has an infection on hos paw pad. They gave me meds and said he will be fine in about a week and a half. I also had them do blood work and found out that he has a lowered immune system. That is why the infection was so bad. They gave me a meds for that as well. I am going to do as you suggest Willie and listen to my Bat Out Of Hell 2. Thank you for remembering my favorite album. I have a few errands Friday. But this weekend I am going to have a good relaxing weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    Sorry to hear about your cat having that infection. My family has two living under our roof; and it's rough to see them when they are suffering. I hope the visit to the vet will bring a chance of relief.
    Visiting the vet gave me great relief. Thank you.

Thank you both for your kind words. I am back from the vet. I am glad I went. My cat has an infection on hos paw pad. They gave me meds and said he will be fine in about a week and a half. I also had them do blood work and found out that he has a lowered immune system. That is why the infection was so bad. They gave me a meds for that as well. I am going to do as you suggest Willie and listen to my Bat Out Of Hell 2. Thank you for remembering my favorite album. I have a few errands Friday. But this weekend I am going to have a good relaxing weekend.
    That's good news about your cat! That's one load off your mind that it isn't anything too serious and can be treated.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"