Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Have you tried going the non insurance route with vouchers from the drug company or places like GoodRX. You might be surprised to find the drug more affordable.
    It's not just the insurance; I can't get to see my doctor until mid-December, and since this is happening almost daily, and it's debilitating, I just can't wait that long. And none of the other doctors in his practice want to write that prescription, nor do I want to doctor shop.

I have used GoodRX before, and it really saved my bacon at the time, but as I said, this one's a doctor problem. Didn't help that my doctor's office was bought by a chain which has ruined it, making everything much more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It's not just the insurance; I can't get to see my doctor until mid-December, and since this is happening almost daily, and it's debilitating, I just can't wait that long. And none of the other doctors in his practice want to write that prescription, nor do I want to doctor shop.

I have used GoodRX before, and it really saved my bacon at the time, but as I said, this one's a doctor problem. Didn't help that my doctor's office was bought by a chain which has ruined it, making everything much more difficult.
    Have you thought of going to an er that has a mental health wing in the hospital? It may ding you for a three day stay but you would be able to see a doctor and get the meds you need.

I went to my er about 3 months ago because I was out of refills and couldnt get in to see my doctor for two months. When told them why I was there they gave me refills and sent me on my way. of course I had to go through the talking to the ER doc and such but they didnt admit me and were very understanding.

So worse case you give up 3 days in the hospital why they get your meds right. best case you explain what is going on and a nice doctor will give you the meds you need and send you off because he understands the situation.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Have you thought of going to an er that has a mental health wing in the hospital? It may ding you for a three day stay but you would be able to see a doctor and get the meds you need.

I went to my er about 3 months ago because I was out of refills and couldnt get in to see my doctor for two months. When told them why I was there they gave me refills and sent me on my way. of course I had to go through the talking to the ER doc and such but they didnt admit me and were very understanding.

So worse case you give up 3 days in the hospital why they get your meds right. best case you explain what is going on and a nice doctor will give you the meds you need and send you off because he understands the situation.
    My er deductible is so high, I'd probably not go if I was having a heart attack. But I managed to get an appointment next week with another doctor I know....hopefully he'll be able to help.

My er deductible is so high, I'd probably not go if I was having a heart attack. But I managed to get an appointment next week with another doctor I know....hopefully he'll be able to help.
    Vent my friend. This is the thread to do it.

I work in a very busy emergency room in Boston. Been doing it for years. The ER is a rough place but at times it is a safe and good place for others.
    If your ever in need of help it is out there. You literally have to find it and fight for it as hard as you can. If the ER is the only way to go then that's where you go. I have done it myself as a patient in the past and they saved my life.

I have depression and anxiety. Went through a rough divorce last year. I called every number, went to every appointment, did everything I could to get my life together. You know what? It worked. Over the last 6 months with talking to people and understanding my life over the past 20 years I have changed in a very good way. I enjoy work, I smile, I love reading comics again.

The help is out there. Fight to get it.

If you ever need to talk I am always here. I check this site everyday. This thread helped me in 2021 thanks to babyblob.

Take care.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

So sorry to hear. I have run into the problem with medical groups as well. It is one of the crappy things about healthcare in our country. Keep trying, hope you can get help soon.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Thanks everyone for the advice and well wishes; it helps.

What I am about to talk about is the dumbest thing in the world. I know how dumb it is but it is upsetting me a great deal.

As many of you know I was in prison, I have been open about it.

Well we had a small store. On the assigned day for your pod we would go give our order form to a guy behind the counter and workers would put it in our bag and we would scan our idea to have the money taken off our books and move on.

Well I went once a month. I didnt have outside money coming in so i went on the last Tuesday of the month with the money paid to me for working in the library. Once thing I looked forward to all month was getting this little cup of ice cream they sold. They had the normal little packs of Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, They also had Moose Tracks. I loved the Moose Tracks. To be honest I am not sure if it was really good or it was good because it was such a treat.

Well when I got out I couldnt find the brand any where. Well yesterday I did find an out of the way store that sold it. So I got two pints of Moose Tracks. I was in heaven.

Well today I went to have some after lunch. But after I got it out of the freezer I stopped dead in my tracks. I could not for the life of me take the lid off and open it. Like my hands were frozen. I told my brain to open it but there was a block. it felt wrong because get this, it is not fucking Tuesday.

Pretty much 8 years I have been able to go where I want, eat what and when I want. But I cant open this god damn ice cream because it is not a fucking Tuesday!!!!

I know it is dumb and hard to understand but I am about to have a break down because I cant open a pack of ice cream.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

What I am about to talk about is the dumbest thing in the world. I know how dumb it is but it is upsetting me a great deal.

As many of you know I was in prison, I have been open about it.

Well we had a small store. On the assigned day for your pod we would go give our order form to a guy behind the counter and workers would put it in our bag and we would scan our idea to have the money taken off our books and move on.

Well I went once a month. I didnt have outside money coming in so i went on the last Tuesday of the month with the money paid to me for working in the library. Once thing I looked forward to all month was getting this little cup of ice cream they sold. They had the normal little packs of Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, They also had Moose Tracks. I loved the Moose Tracks. To be honest I am not sure if it was really good or it was good because it was such a treat.

Well when I got out I couldnt find the brand any where. Well yesterday I did find an out of the way store that sold it. So I got two pints of Moose Tracks. I was in heaven.

Well today I went to have some after lunch. But after I got it out of the freezer I stopped dead in my tracks. I could not for the life of me take the lid off and open it. Like my hands were frozen. I told my brain to open it but there was a block. it felt wrong because get this, it is not fucking Tuesday.

Pretty much 8 years I have been able to go where I want, eat what and when I want. But I cant open this god damn ice cream because it is not a fucking Tuesday!!!!

I know it is dumb and hard to understand but I am about to have a break down because I cant open a pack of ice cream.
    I don't think it's dumb. Our minds can play weird tricks on us sometimes and you seem to know the reason for this, so maybe that is a bit of relief? I mean, as opposed to being left wondering why is it happening.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I don't think it's dumb. Our minds can play weird tricks on us sometimes and you seem to know the reason for this, so maybe that is a bit of relief? I mean, as opposed to being left wondering why is it happening.
    You are right. it does help to know. it is something I am going to talk about with my doctor next week. It just really ruined my day. I was so excited to find it. And I had a plan to eat it while watching fun shows.

Ill get over it. It is just 8 years later and I think I am over it and find that place still has a hold on me in little ways.

I cant bitch I put myself there so it is my fault. And things like this remind me of how far I fell and something like this makes me reaffirm my dedication to change.

I am trying to take positives from it.

You are right. it does help to know. it is something I am going to talk about with my doctor next week. It just really ruined my day. I was so excited to find it. And I had a plan to eat it while watching fun shows.

Ill get over it. It is just 8 years later and I think I am over it and find that place still has a hold on me in little ways.

I cant bitch I put myself there so it is my fault. And things like this remind me of how far I fell and something like this makes me reaffirm my dedication to change.

I am trying to take positives from it.
    I understand where your coming from man.

Anytime you need to talk you know how to reach me. I am always around.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

I was able to get to a doctor who supplied me with the stuff that helps with an acute panic attack, and some stuff to lower my overall anxiety levels. The first stuff I know works, but I'm really hoping the other stuff does; I don't want to feel even a little bit of what I've been going through now for years.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I understand where your coming from man.

Anytime you need to talk you know how to reach me. I am always around.
    Thank you very much.

I was able to get to a doctor who supplied me with the stuff that helps with an acute panic attack, and some stuff to lower my overall anxiety levels. The first stuff I know works, but I'm really hoping the other stuff does; I don't want to feel even a little bit of what I've been going through now for years.
    I am very glad to hear this. I hope it helps

I Hope everyone is doing well.

I have been having a bit of a rough patch. Just feeling a little depressed and over whelmed and angry all at the same time.

Health issues with my father, World Events, And I wake up this morning and find out there was a double murder on my road about a 4th of a mile down. It is in a mobile home park and I know several people there. Not close but a few I talk to and have met up with a few times one guy I was in prison with lives there. Not sure who the victims are. There are police there blocking off the road.

Crazy times right now.

I hope everyone is doing well. I hope we all take the time to check on those we care about.

Despite what some people think we share this world together and we need to look out for each other.

I have been gradually been weaning myself off of social media. Particularly twitter and reddit. I have have blockers on my computer at work and at home. I also put one on my phone. I really don't like the person it's turning me into. SM is making me cynical, nihilistic, angry, and sad. My therapist is pretty proud of me. I don't want to be a terminally online freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I have been gradually been weaning myself off of social media. Particularly twitter and reddit. I have have blockers on my computer at work and at home. I also put one on my phone. I really don't like the person it's turning me into. SM is making me cynical, nihilistic, angry, and sad. My therapist is pretty proud of me. I don't want to be a terminally online freak.
    Good for you. SM is not a necessity, you can engage in the places you want, like talking about comics books, without the more toxic sites.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!