Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Something I, and apparently the Rock have found helps with depression is a good, very hard work out. I don't know why, but it seems to. Also helps keep the anxiety at bay. I don't think it matters what kind of workout, though I prefer weights, but if you can physically manage anything, it's a help.
    Well I admit, he is one of my inspirations, so is action stars from the 80s and 90s, how I wish to have a similar physical shape. Hell Stallone was in his physical peak in the mid 80s at 40 which I'm about to reach in 2 years.(Yeah I'm aware that Stallone is a right wing trumper unfortunately). I will try to start my gym session early in the day, not too early so I have a small breakfast, something in my stomach, give a hour or 2 to digest and warm up and go to the gym, try to do 5-6 weights, whatever is available because your ideal machine is occupied, so I have to adapt. do a 30 min cardio(prefer the elliptical) while listening to my mp3 music to either 80s rock or latin free style to 90s Eurodance, 90s JPOP from my fave anime, or even video game music(mostly from Capcom and Konami). yeah I will try to do this, but when I wake up i need to stay away from the news so I wont get depressed and have my energy levels go low. it happens. sometimes its a struggle. I try to limit my exposure to news due to unhealthy reaction like depression(war, crisis) or even anger(any form of injustice or just bad corrupt politicians). its good to keep informed but alteast wait until I get my workout done for the day. maybe try not to visit the politics thread over here at CBR.

I did had dominos pizza just now with my parents, we order it and watched on the TV on youtube, NYC apartment tours which greatly interest them, it was a nice moment to spend together even if the food we ate is not that healthy, still I shouldn't have drank that soda. my mom too, I guess I got my love for Coca Cola from her, athough mine is worse. She need to eat better, she's in her 70s and overweight and I need to workout and make it a life time habit while I'm still this young.

Everyday, just try to do one thing good for yourself and don't get down for not doing everything right.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Well I admit, he is one of my inspirations, so is action stars from the 80s and 90s, how I wish to have a similar physical shape. Hell Stallone was in his physical peak in the mid 80s at 40 which I'm about to reach in 2 years.(Yeah I'm aware that Stallone is a right wing trumper unfortunately). I will try to start my gym session early in the day, not too early so I have a small breakfast, something in my stomach, give a hour or 2 to digest and warm up and go to the gym, try to do 5-6 weights, whatever is available because your ideal machine is occupied, so I have to adapt. do a 30 min cardio(prefer the elliptical) while listening to my mp3 music to either 80s rock or latin free style to 90s Eurodance, 90s JPOP from my fave anime, or even video game music(mostly from Capcom and Konami). yeah I will try to do this, but when I wake up i need to stay away from the news so I wont get depressed and have my energy levels go low. it happens. sometimes its a struggle. I try to limit my exposure to news due to unhealthy reaction like depression(war, crisis) or even anger(any form of injustice or just bad corrupt politicians). its good to keep informed but alteast wait until I get my workout done for the day. maybe try not to visit the politics thread over here at CBR.

I did had dominos pizza just now with my parents, we order it and watched on the TV on youtube, NYC apartment tours which greatly interest them, it was a nice moment to spend together even if the food we ate is not that healthy, still I shouldn't have drank that soda. my mom too, I guess I got my love for Coca Cola from her, athough mine is worse. She need to eat better, she's in her 70s and overweight and I need to workout and make it a life time habit while I'm still this young.
    I saw a workout video with Henry Cavill, (that guy is an absolute BEAST), that really made me like him. It wasn't any workout tips, there wasn't anything there I didn't know. He simply said to never compare yourself to anyone else, just do your own best. Noting that there is so much you don't have control over, like your genes.

BANNED

So, I went to see my therapist and he gave me good advice to get started on developing good habits to make my quality of life better. .
    I think I could be a better life coach for you if I was to actually talk or communicate with you in real life. It just sounds like your parents are not there.

I feel for you whoever you are, but at the same time it sounds fake, with the amount of resources I really do not see how you can not achieve. Beyond that maybe this guy story would actually be inspiring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_97zYunu2w0

Again IDK if your real or fake. You should make a YouTube video about it and explain your life, do a rotation spin, show us your actual spending habits. I really do not see how you could be booted out of military basic training. If so I could apply again if you still qualify. Honestly that is kinda not for everybody and never is a real solution. I see a guy in my area and did his time and never made a career with it and holds a minimum wage job.

Point I am making is that your whole entire argument sounds like every boomer/early-Xer/elderly rant followed by the gas prices are too high, ouch my taxes, I am too cheap to start a trust, darg child-support, I blame immigration, your mom/dad sucks....... blah blah blah cowardly bs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IUavFDBzAw

I have tons of advice of the stuff you mentioned but honestly it is only going to work if you could not be a coward.

I tried to better myself a couple of times. Realize I was hampered because of lack of cheer squad

Again, thank you and the others so much, that helped me greatly at a time I greatly needed it---that was one of the kindest things anyone has done for me. Saw my lung doctor yesterday, and he thinks it's more likely just a bad case of pneumonia, for which he's got me on a bunch of medicines, and will look again in a couple of weeks to see if its gone down,, if it has,, he was right, if not, probably I was and they'll stick a needle into my lung. Sorry about the typing, but I seem to have developed a shake. Thank you so much, you really helped me friend.

It is possible to sue people for second hand smoking. Just check out the cases.

Beyond that my great aunts, husband was a smoker, collapsed face down in his workplace desk. Now had a machine to breath on. He literally just passed. Not even past 65 ( might be in his fifties ??? ). He had two ashtrays in the family living room, smoke when we were kids in the car. Guy was smoking like smokey. My great uncle also smokes but he does it because he wants to be with his son. He is hitting his seventies, and works as building maintenance worker ( repairs, plumbing ). My uncle ( my one of dads brothers ) would smoke weed in the basement of his like clockwork. I am talking about those druggie hippies ( party people ) from the 1970's AKA New-age mixed family.
    He did not pass away but was in a vegetable state and due to hospital bills the plug was pulled ??? They said he was brain-dead but I doubt it..... my Grandpa ( my dads dad )
    has a wife for twenty years and he is taking care of her in this state, dresses her like a doll, and spoon feeds, clean her body like a baby. Point being is that smoking in general is bad and can cause a person to loose life and die.

Me, I never smoked, smoked at all. Only wifted in some mean Weed passing these losers at a door of a building. When I looked at my chest I could see the outline of my lungs
    ( I am not kidding ) the exact shape of my lungs bright and red, in spots on my chest. That stuff was so strong

Smoking has been compromised and the best smoke is something you grow.

I see young-adult girls on the bus passing E-cigs, ( hiding it poorly ), their eyes are so messed up, look like zombies. But at least not like the zombies I saw with these short freshman from highschool. All of them short, blond, red eyes, smoking cigarettes. I do not get them, all in jeans and they look like they just came from middle-school or still in middle-school, even a girl among them.

You might as well either see if you could sue them or befriend them and save their lives, or look to inherit their money via friendship.
    Last edited by They Live; 11-19-2022 at 08:52 PM.

Thanksgiving is this week. I am looking forward to a nice relaxing day with my father eating good food and watching our Christmas shows. We have had it a bit rough with his health problems but this week we are going to forget all of that and enjoy the week.

On another note on Friday I have a friend coming over that I have not seen in 13 years. He is my oldest friend. I have known him for 36 years but the last time I saw him things did not end well. And I was not able to fix things before I went to prison. But over the last 5 months we have been texting and talking on the phone and when he is in town he is coming to see me and my father.

I am looking forward to seeing him again but I am also very nervous to see him again.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thanksgiving is this week. I am looking forward to a nice relaxing day with my father eating good food and watching our Christmas shows. We have had it a bit rough with his health problems but this week we are going to forget all of that and enjoy the week.

On another note on Friday I have a friend coming over that I have not seen in 13 years. He is my oldest friend. I have known him for 36 years but the last time I saw him things did not end well. And I was not able to fix things before I went to prison. But over the last 5 months we have been texting and talking on the phone and when he is in town he is coming to see me and my father.

I am looking forward to seeing him again but I am also very nervous to see him again.
    If your father is having health problems, then for Thanksgiving Dinner food, I would recommend turkey, lemons and apple cider vinegar. Turkey is a lean meat which might be good for the heart. Lemons are the liver's best friend and helps to detoxify the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    If your father is having health problems, then for Thanksgiving Dinner food, I would recommend turkey, lemons and apple cider vinegar. Turkey is a lean meat which might be good for the heart. Lemons are the liver's best friend and helps to detoxify the body.
    Thank you. Yes we are doing Turkey and we have a menu that has been approved by his doctor. Its not so much about the food as just spending the whole day together and just enjoying the day. We do live together but there are some days he is sleeping or we are each doing our own thing that we dont spend time together every day. So we are really looking forward to this
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Damnit it first losing Kevin Conroy and now Jason David Frank, 2 major 90s staple of alot of people childhood. It hit hard. One of my shitty friend(he was raised by backwards parents that don't believe in therapy or medication) I have described here had the nerve to tell me that Frank suicide was stupid and selfish because he still has children, piss me off and shows that there are still a stigma and lack of understanding of mental health. His solution was depression and mental health is stop being a sissy and be a man. God he's so stupid, i wanted to punch him for disrespecting and downplaying Mr Frank struggles as well as anyone going through it or gone through it. and Live it down, you don't know me, my parents I love them and are very supportive of me, they are there for me and got me help with therapy and medication. Compare to my friend parents who just tell me his mom would hit him if he had depression or any mental problem, and just tell him I raising a men not a little girl(example of toxic masculinity). Also when I tried the navy, it was straight out of high school where I dont have money to spend, I had my reasons why I had my breakdown over there which is too touchy and rather not discuss. so you have no idea. I rather not try the navy again, more power to anyone that works and served there but yeah not for everyone especially for me. But then again, I seen your post on the NYC thread so I guess it would be a mistake to respond to you, so I end it here and not reply any further.

Damnit it first losing Kevin Conroy and now Jason David Frank, 2 major 90s staple of alot of people childhood. It hit hard. One of my shitty friend(he was raised by backwards parents that don't believe in therapy or medication) I have described here had the nerve to tell me that Frank suicide was stupid and selfish because he still has children, piss me off and shows that there are still a stigma and lack of understanding of mental health. His solution was depression and mental health is stop being a sissy and be a man. God he's so stupid, i wanted to punch him for disrespecting and downplaying Mr Frank struggles as well as anyone going through it or gone through it. and Live it down, you don't know me, my parents I love them and are very supportive of me, they are there for me and got me help with therapy and medication. Compare to my friend parents who just tell me his mom would hit him if he had depression or any mental problem, and just tell him I raising a men not a little girl(example of toxic masculinity). Also when I tried the navy, it was straight out of high school where I dont have money to spend, I had my reasons why I had my breakdown over there which is too touchy and rather not discuss. so you have no idea. I rather not try the navy again, more power to anyone that works and served there but yeah not for everyone especially for me. But then again, I seen your post on the NYC thread so I guess it would be a mistake to respond to you, so I end it here and not reply any further.
    There is a huge stigma to mental health. That is the main reason I started this thread so we could all share and see we are not alone. It is very misunderstood even now. It is all talk of "Man up." Like you friend says or "It is all in your head. Think positive and get over it." I can understand how Jason David Frank death hit you. For you and a lot of people he played a big role in their childhoods as far as what we watched and who we thought of as heroes (At least on tv and comics) And it hits that much harder just a short time after losing another beloved childhood hero.

As to you friend he does not understand and I doubt he will ever understand what people with mental health disorders go through. I have attempted suicide two times. I understand what Jason David Frank was feeling on some level as I am sure a lot of us who battle these illnesses do every day.

You know what you go through and dont let your friend in any way down play it or tell you it is not real. Look to real support. Your parents for one. Other friends. Dont let someone else bring you dont.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    There is a huge stigma to mental health. That is the main reason I started this thread so we could all share and see we are not alone. It is very misunderstood even now. It is all talk of "Man up." Like you friend says or "It is all in your head. Think positive and get over it." I can understand how Jason David Frank death hit you. For you and a lot of people he played a big role in their childhoods as far as what we watched and who we thought of as heroes (At least on tv and comics) And it hits that much harder just a short time after losing another beloved childhood hero.

As to you friend he does not understand and I doubt he will ever understand what people with mental health disorders go through. I have attempted suicide two times. I understand what Jason David Frank was feeling on some level as I am sure a lot of us who battle these illnesses do every day.

You know what you go through and dont let your friend in any way down play it or tell you it is not real. Look to real support. Your parents for one. Other friends. Dont let someone else bring you dont.
    Thanks man, Appreciate it, I come here every once to vent too. I have my cats for support, love them, my orange tabby was on my lap as I about to type this until he went to eat some more lol. yeah Pets help too. I think fatherhood ship sailed for me so I guess my cats are like my children since I never had a girlfriend and trying to be content with my singleness.(I thank God everyday I got out of that incel way of thinking years ago).

Extraordinary Member

God I'm so depressed right now, going to miss yet another holiday in hospital. Badly sick. Waiting for brother to arrive and drive me. We were going to watch football and have the dinner. Now I can't eat, am in terrible pain, have to go. Spent birthdays, T-days before, and Christmas in hospital. Almost want it to kill me. And it was the day after T-day my dad died. Been trying to beat it out, wade through it by posting here, but I just can't.

God I'm so depressed right now, going to miss yet another holiday in hospital. Badly sick. Waiting for brother to arrive and drive me. We were going to watch football and have the dinner. Now I can't eat, am in terrible pain, have to go. Spent birthdays, T-days before, and Christmas in hospital. Almost want it to kill me. And it was the day after T-day my dad died. Been trying to beat it out, wade through it by posting here, but I just can't.
    I am very sorry. I am keeping you in my thoughts. I will be on tomorrow if you want to send me a pm and we can talk. Ill try and keep you company as best I can.

Feel for you. When I am physically feeling bad, it can compound my being depressed. Somehow, realizing it is part of being sick helps me weather through. Football is a great distraction.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Thanks, both of you. I spent a horrible morning till now in the ER, the tested me, ruled some stuff out, but didn't test the most likely stuff, I need to go to a specialist for that, who can't see me till February. Though he's going to try to work me in. Got very powerful painkillers, that fixed that, so the treated my symptoms, but admitted it could all happen again tonight or any time till the cause is found and fixed. Very depressing, not knowing if or when I can see anyone, and not knowing which of the two most likely causes are hurting me. Still, maybe I'll be home for football tomorrow and Friday, (college games!), though I might not be able to eat the dinner. I just want to be home then.

All-New Member

I sympathize wI will write some tips in order not to fall into a deep depression. Sometimes a big amount of stress can lead to depression and anxiety
    1. A method of relieving stress is eating foods that improve mood. As you know, an indispensable assistant in the fight against stress is the hormone of happiness - serotonin.
    2. Do sports. Playing sports helps to fight stressful situations, and they also make the body more resistant to emotional influences. This is a great way out for many - to do physical exercises. e.g riding a bike, buy smth simple and ride it every day
    3. The main source of stress is overexertion, so rest helps to deal with it.