Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I understand. It is your choice, your lifestyle. I won't tell you what to do with your life and your body.

Coca-cola habit sure is hard to break. old habits die hard. But I hope you have the willpower to beat your habits.

For treating your kidney, I recommend drinking fresh coconut water (straight from the coconuts, not from packaged cartons or bottles). My mother has kidney stones and drinks fresh coconut juice (straight from coconut) for healing of her kidneys.

Drinking a lot of coconut water will increase the body's urine output. The potassium in the coconut water will alkalinize the acidic urine and dissolve the kidney stones.
    coconut water increased the urination of potassium, chloride, and citrate in individuals without kidney stones, meaning coconut water might help flush out the system and keep the likelihood of stones low.

However, I'd recommend anyone with a chronic kidney disease avoid consuming large amounts of coconut water. coconut water has high potassium content. A large intake of potassium in kidney patients can lead to life-threatening hyperkalemia (too much potassium in the blood).
    So far I been drinking nothing but water, so far since my last doctor checkup I don't have any kidney stones thankfully but the way I was going, I might as well. I drink herbal green tea to help with my metabolism. yeah i have to make alot of life style changes, right now I'm pretty sore and I'm going to the gym in a hour to do legs as my 2nd workout day. I don't think my knees can handle barbell squat so I'm just going to stick to machines for now and maybe body weight squats, don't know, lets see how it goes, I want to do atleast 3 workout days but I want to do a 4th one with abs maybe since the rest of my body will be sore. right now my back and biceps are pretty sore after Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    So far I been drinking nothing but water, so far since my last doctor checkup I don't have any kidney stones thankfully but the way I was going, I might as well. I drink herbal green tea to help with my metabolism. yeah i have to make alot of life style changes, right now I'm pretty sore and I'm going to the gym in a hour to do legs as my 2nd workout day. I don't think my knees can handle barbell squat so I'm just going to stick to machines for now and maybe body weight squats, don't know, lets see how it goes, I want to do atleast 3 workout days but I want to do a 4th one with abs maybe since the rest of my body will be sore. right now my back and biceps are pretty sore after Monday.
    I see. That is good to hear. Better not over-exercise so your body won't be too sore. Take care. good luck with your life's goals.

I go to gym too but not very often. I am a bit lazy but I sometimes do calisthenics.

I don't have kidney stones, but I have a fatty liver. I drink beer often. I am not overweight but I have a beer belly. I was advised to drink/consume apple cider vinegar and lemons. Apple cider vinegar helps to cleanse toxins in my body. Lemons are considered the liver's best friend and can detoxify your liver. I also eat apples sometimes. An apple a day sends the doctor away.

I like eating fried foods especially chicken, but not too often. Fried foods are oily and can clog your arteries. I also sometimes try to avoid other oily foods. But if i had to choose an oily food, I'd choose olive oil, since it is considerably healthier than other oils. I was advised to avoid foods cooked in coconut oil, since coconut oil can harden easily and clog your arteries.

As for Coke. I gave up sweetened sodas in my twenties, it took about a month to get over them. I also stopped putting sugar in my tea or coffee. Now I find them way too sweet, undrinkable. I switched to Diet Coke, but the artificial sweeteners are pretty bad for you. I stick to water, coffee and tea, none of them sweetened.
    Your tastes will change once you give up drinking junk.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    As for Coke. I gave up sweetened sodas in my twenties, it took about a month to get over them. I also stopped putting sugar in my tea or coffee. Now I find them way too sweet, undrinkable. I switched to Diet Coke, but the artificial sweeteners are pretty bad for you. I stick to water, coffee and tea, none of them sweetened.
    in 2018 I gone a year without drinking soda. I do still drink some milk to get some protein and calcium in my diet. but yeah I drink nothing but water, I just came home and completed my leg day, feel accomplished, and did 35 min cardio as well. I noticed compare to monday 306.5 lbs I went to 302. Dont want to get my hopes up but its is somewhat encouraging but its probably water weight. I got annoyed with the occasional gym goers that goes as group of 3 or more than occupied a machine and takes their sweet time doing the exercise while talking ****, it was upsetting as they got the only working leg extention machine. hopefully they part of the new years crowd that will drop off the attendance like it tends to happened, the kind of people that go for a few weeks in the new year and then gradually fall off
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 01-11-2023 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    We had a murder in my town two days ago. The victim is the brother of a man in my mental health support group that I was in for several years. I didnt know the victim well. I had only met him 3 times when he came to pick his brother up from group. We talked a couple of times about his tattoos and comics and he was a nice guy.

Even though I didnt know him well it is still hitting me. I talked to his brother who is understandably upset.

He was shot 7 times over a dispute over money. It is sickening what is going on in this world.
    That is so horrible.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    That is so horrible.
    It really is. Putting a value on a human life for a couple of bucks.

In court the shooter said it was because he was disrespected as a man.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Instead of sugar, I would suggest you put honey or coco sugar in your coffee or tea. Honey may be 80 percent sugar but it is more healthy and nutitional than other sweetener. Honey has nutrients, vitamins, minerals, proteins and amino acids that have health benefits. Honey has been used as medicine for many centuries. Honey is also good for diabetics.

I consume honey to treat and cure my cough, cold or sore throat. Honey is a more effective cough medicine than any cough syrup you buy in a pharmacy. Honey also helps to soothe the sore throat.

Astonishing Member

Instead of sugar, I would suggest you put honey or coco sugar in your coffee or tea. Honey may be 80 percent sugar but it is more healthy and nutitional than other sweetener. Honey has nutrients, vitamins, minerals, proteins and amino acids that have health benefits. Honey has been used as medicine for many centuries. Honey is also good for diabetics.

I consume honey to treat and cure my cough, cold or sore throat. Honey is a more effective cough medicine than any cough syrup you buy in a pharmacy. Honey also helps to soothe the sore throat.
    not into coffee to be honest, I tried to take 3 small cups of green tea a day since it helps. I completed my first week with minimum of 3 workout days. Did Push day, try to stretch everyday, I eventually will add a 4th day on the week when I get sore less soon.

not into coffee to be honest, I tried to take 3 small cups of green tea a day since it helps. I completed my first week with minimum of 3 workout days. Did Push day, try to stretch everyday, I eventually will add a 4th day on the week when I get sore less soon.
    Cheers to the new lifestyle of yours.

Green tea is a good choice. It is considerd to be an excellent fat burner.

Astonishing Member

Cheers to the new lifestyle of yours.

Green tea is a good choice. It is considerd to be an excellent fat burner.
    Thanks, I actually completed my 2nd health week of 3 workout days, I think next week i will add a 4th day. see what I can do that day. Also in terms of saving money, well I'm doing what Omar from Near Mint Conditions said, Read more Spend Less. I been recently reading my omnibus collection. I read Fabian Nicieza New Warriors both volumes, New Mutants Claremont run omnibus 1 2 and Wolfman and Perez Teen Titans, man I gotten lazy on my reading current comics compare to the more dialogue heavy stuff from 80s 90s(especially Claremont), Now I'm tackling that whopper of book, Thor by Walter Simonson.

I am taking a break from the internet. I have been to addicted to going on websites and talking to people online that I have really not gotten a lot done. So I am going to scale it way back. I am not going to be on here much in the next few weeks as I look to do other things then being online.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Well completed my 4th week of Health and Fitness. worked out 4 weeks. first 2 weeks 3 gym days consisting of 5 weights exercises, 35 min cardio ellipitical and stretching. on 3rd week i increased to 4 gym days and 6 weight exercises with still 35 min cardio(i sometimes use the threadmill) and stretching. I been watching what I eat and athough I do sometimes go over the calorie limit, I gradually switching to more healthy options away from my normal junk or high fat food. i switch to authentic Japanese Green Tea. drinking only water and some milk. so far, its a little discouraging that I barely down below 300 lbs but gotta keep at it.

Well completed my 4th week of Health and Fitness. worked out 4 weeks. first 2 weeks 3 gym days consisting of 5 weights exercises, 35 min cardio ellipitical and stretching. on 3rd week i increased to 4 gym days and 6 weight exercises with still 35 min cardio(i sometimes use the threadmill) and stretching. I been watching what I eat and athough I do sometimes go over the calorie limit, I gradually switching to more healthy options away from my normal junk or high fat food. i switch to authentic Japanese Green Tea. drinking only water and some milk. so far, its a little discouraging that I barely down below 300 lbs but gotta keep at it.
    That is very nice to hear about your progress. I believe authentic Japanese Green Tea is called matcha. I drink matcha and it is good.

I am eating a few healthy and nutritional foods called oatmeal and yogurt. Oatmeal is very rich in fiber and lowers your chloresterol levels. Yogurt is an excellent aid in your digestion.

If you are interested in trying something new, you can try to learn something called Tai Chi. they say it improves your blood circulation and burn some calories.

Astonishing Member

That is very nice to hear about your progress. I believe authentic Japanese Green Tea is called matcha. I drink matcha and it is good.

I am eating a few healthy and nutritional foods called oatmeal and yogurt. Oatmeal is very rich in fiber and lowers your chloresterol levels. Yogurt is an excellent aid in your digestion.

If you are interested in trying something new, you can try to learn something called Tai Chi. they say it improves your blood circulation and burn some calories.
    Thanks alot, I just completed Week 5. Did my birthday workout. I just turned 39 and this is the age I gotta start paying to my health and can't afford be careless, lazy and self-destructive, depression anxiety be damned. I been good on my Japanese green tea. athough being my birthday today, I'm gonna have sushi with my friends.(half of them has toxic right wing beliefs that i tend to ignore lol, they are the only ones that never miss my birthday and hang out though even if they are all fans of Ron Desantis since we all live in FL)
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 02-11-2023 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks alot, I just completed Week 5. Did my birthday workout. I just turned 39 and this is the age I gotta start paying to my health and can't afford be careless, lazy and self-destructive, depression anxiety be damned. I been good on my Japanese green tea. athough being my birthday today, I'm gonna have sushi with my friends.(half of them has toxic right wing beliefs that i tend to ignore lol, they are the only ones that never miss my birthday and hang out though even if they are all fans of Ron Desantis since we all live in FL)
    Sushi is good. raw fish is rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C is found in meat and fish, but only if they are raw and unsalted. Heat and salt destroys vitamin C. If you don't consume vitamin C, you'll get scurvy.

During the Age of Exploration (between 1500 and 1800), sailors would often get scurvy. To avoid scurvy, they needed to consume fresh fruits and vegetables. Meat and fish would get spoiled, so meat and fish had to be salted to preserve its freshiness, since there's no refrigerators. Ironically, raw meat and fish are rich in vitamin C. The sailors were called limeys because they consume a lot of lime juice. But they should have used lemons or oranges since they contain more vitamin C than limes.

Scurvy didn't only affect sailors. The colonists of Australia also suffered scurvy because of the lack of fresh fruit and vegetables in the winter.

Maybe you better avoid eating raw salmon, since the salmon is full of parasites and worms. I read an article about a restaurant customer who ate raw salmon sushi and then vomited later to discover there are worms inside his vomit. I also read that some sushi restaurants go to great lengths to remove all the parasites from the salmon to make it safe for their customers to read.

If you want to eat raw salmon, you better make sure it is safe to eat.