Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I am sorry to hear about your Hand Babyblob. Sometimes I struggle a lot with my Anger Management. I have to say you are a unique voice on CBR and one of my heroes here.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I am sorry to hear about your Hand Babyblob. Sometimes I struggle a lot with my Anger Management. I have to say you are a unique voice on CBR and one of my heroes here.
    Thank you very much. I needed to hear that today and it helps.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

As many of you know I am the caretaker for my disabled father. He went into the hospital on Monday night. And now he is going into a physical rehab center for the nxt ten days.

I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand I am very happy he is at last getting the help that he needs to get stronger and help his legs.

On the other hand I have only been away from my dad for 6 days total in 8 years. I am really nervous about how I am going to handle being home alone. I have not been alone in 13 years.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I have a really hard time leaving the House. I have been at the hospital every day filling out paper work dealing with nurses and doctors the insurance company. I am physically and mentally exhausted and really worried about how I am going to handle my next 10 days with out my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I have a really hard time leaving the House. I have been at the hospital every day filling out paper work dealing with nurses and doctors the insurance company. I am physically and mentally exhausted and really worried about how I am going to handle my next 10 days with out my dad.
    Friend, I've been there, when my dad was recovering from a stroke, so i wanna reach a hand out to tell you you're doing marvelously, and you're not alone.

Your dad's lucky to have a supportive, caring kid like you.

DM if you want to talk superhero nonsense or whatever. I'm usually logged on this time of day

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Friend, I've been there, when my dad was recovering from a stroke, so i wanna reach a hand out to tell you you're doing marvelously, and you're not alone.

Your dad's lucky to have a supportive, caring kid like you.

DM if you want to talk superhero nonsense or whatever. I'm usually logged on this time of day
    I hope all is well with your dad. Strokes can be very scary.

Thank you very much for the offer.

That is what I love about this site. I have met so many good people who have been supportive.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

As many of you know I am the caretaker for my disabled father. He went into the hospital on Monday night. And now he is going into a physical rehab center for the nxt ten days.

I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand I am very happy he is at last getting the help that he needs to get stronger and help his legs.

On the other hand I have only been away from my dad for 6 days total in 8 years. I am really nervous about how I am going to handle being home alone. I have not been alone in 13 years.
    You always have us.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    You always have us.
    This place has been a huge help for my mental health and is very important to me. I have talked to some great people here.

Went through this many times with my father in law. But a familu member does have to be there almost everyday. They are either under staffed, or don't get critical things right. And it is exhausting. Hang in there, one day at a time. And don't get too upset when things go wrong, get them corrected and move on. It can infuriating, but best to go forward instead of looking back.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Went through this many times with my father in law. But a familu member does have to be there almost everyday. They are either under staffed, or don't get critical things right. And it is exhausting. Hang in there, one day at a time. And don't get too upset when things go wrong, get them corrected and move on. It can infuriating, but best to go forward instead of looking back.
    Thank you

The good thing ios he was sent to a highly rated place so I hope that means it will be good for him.

This is the first time he wanted help and to start fixing his health.

I am a little nervous tonight but I talked to Alex Of X for a little big and that helped. Now I am watching the Reds game.

Thank you

The good thing ios he was sent to a highly rated place so I hope that means it will be good for him.

This is the first time he wanted help and to start fixing his health.

I am a little nervous tonight but I talked to Alex Of X for a little big and that helped. Now I am watching the Reds game.
    It's not like all these places are hell holes (though my FIL was in one of those that almost killed him) usually, the workers are trying there best. But the family can help with the care and keeping the facility straight on things. Can't tell you how many times they got his meds or diet wrong. Also it is important for your Dad to advocate for himself. Not be a pest, but let them know when he needs something. My FIL was too passive for his own good.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The way that it was explained to me at the time, inpatient rehabilitation is intended to minimize folks who are hospitalize under certain circumstances from winding up having to wind right back in the hospital.

From what I saw of it over the course of three or four weeks, it really is making the best out of less than ideal circumstances.

Since I was visiting(and, thinking back on it, pitching in just a bit...) for hours each day, it seems like you might have a chance to reduce the amount of time you are actually on your own.

Hopefully, rehabilitation will be fruitful here. I know that just how much it was called for was something of an eye opener for me back then.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-23-2023 at 04:05 PM.

When my dad got checked into the nursing home My sister went and did it for me so I can have a break. She said the place was not great but I didnt know how bad it was until I went today. My dad for the last two days has been complaining about the conditions and I thought he was exaggerating as he is prone to do.

I went and checked the condictions myself today. When I walked in the smell damn near gagged me. There was trash on the floor. And there were 2 hours late getting my dad his medicine today. and did not give it to him at all last night. And he had an accident, he wet himself and he sat there for an hour and a half. He was still not clean when I got there despite him telling the nurse several times that he needed help cleaning up. They said they had to wait till the shower was clean because his roomate threw up in it but for an hour and a half they did not clean it. It was very embarressing for my father to sit in his own piss for an hour and a half. He was crying when I came there.

I took him out of there. He wanted to go home and I was not going to leave him there. I could not leave him in such a place. I am beyond mad at the way they treated him. Enraged would not be a strong enough term to describe how I am feeling right now.I called the senior help line for the county and told them about the place.

We are going to do at home rehab.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-25-2023 at 11:54 AM.

Good for you blob. Some of these places are horrendous. Though he might do better in a good rehab place. He will definitely do better at home than that hellhole. My FIL was in a place not quite that bad and we couldn't take him back to his Assisted Living because of COVID quarantine.

So, my mom died. I feel awful about it of course, I'm sad, but I haven't been able to cry about it. I haven't been physically able to cry in years. My brother and my dad cried, but I just...can't. My mother died, and I can't fucking cry about it.
    I'm not putting on some tough guy front or anything. I'm frustrated that I can't cry. Maybe the tears will come when the shock wears off.