Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I do like the switch, but I wish there were better racing games though. Arcade racers and Cart racers are fun, but sim racers don't look good on the switch, but maybe that's because Im so used to Forza.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I do like the switch, but I wish there were better racing games though. Arcade racers and Cart racers are fun, but sim racers don't look good on the switch, but maybe that's because Im so used to Forza.
    I really enjoy playing Dauntless on mine. Its a really fun f F2P monster hunter type game.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The main Switch system is 299.99. You can play it on tv or in hand held mode. There are a number of controllers you can get for the main Switch system.

The Switch Lite is just hand held. it is easy to use then the Switch handheld mode and the battery lasts a little longs. It has access to the online store and you can play other people. Some text is kind of hard to read on the Switch Lite but I have only found two games where that is a problem. Switch Lite is 199.99.

I enjoy the Switch Lite more because I enjoy hand held games more then ones that hook up to the tv. I enjoy being able to lay in bed and play, or sit in my chair and play with tv on in the background. I also enjoy being able to take it outside on nice days and sitting on my porch.
    Yeah that's a pretty good price drop for what you are getting out of it I think, I would enjoy a handheld again too - it would be nice to have something like that in contrast to like using the ps4 on a big screen and stuff... and you can use it anywhere like you said

What were the two games you had a bit of trouble with in terms of the text on the Lite, out of curiosity?

I agree. I never was much of a gamer. I had a PlayStation 2, and Xbox 360. I never really enjoyed them. I played for like a week and put them away. But I have had the Switch Lite for 4 months and have logged 250 hours on it. I really love it. It has some epic games and a great selection of smaller games. I used to be obsessed with comics. Now I am adding this to my list
    Holy hell is it really THAT good? What games would you rate as being like the top games you have played on Switch so far?

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    The Switch is hands down my favorite system ever.
    That is some high praise... what makes it so good, would you say?

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    That is some high praise... what makes it so good, would you say?
    Its indie market is really strong and has constant sales. Also, my wife and I have three kids, so sometimes it's nice to be able to use it and play the classics library and not have to battle over the TV.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Holy hell is it really THAT good? What games would you rate as being like the top games you have played on Switch so far?
    To answer your questions. As far as text goes I have only run into one game and that is Railway Empire where I did not have an easy time reading the menu text. The other games I have are fine.

As far as games. I am playing Pokemon Sword. I got it and the expansions. I am in for over 50 hours so far and have not even touched the surface. There are a lot of people I know who have played for over 200 250 hours.
    Breath of The Wild is another great one. But there are som many great games. The amount of Indy games is insane. Just so much content. And if you like the old NES or SNES systems you can download an app for the two systems with tons of games on them. But you need an online subscription to play. Which is not pricy. 7.99 for three months or 19.99 for a year. You need the subscription to play online with friends.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I really enjoy playing Dauntless on mine. Its a really fun f F2P monster hunter type game.
    How excited are you for Monster Hunter: Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2 next year?

Monster Hunter Stories was the best Pokemon game on the 3ds, but because it came out around the same time sun and moon did, it didn't stand a chance. Hopefully the people that didn't like Pokemon Sword and Shield will try it out. I got Shield, it was fun, but it was ultimately half finished, and certainly nothing to write home about. If Gamefreak had maybe 8 months or a year more to work on it, it would have been much better.

How excited are you for Monster Hunter: Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2 next year?

Monster Hunter Stories was the best Pokemon game on the 3ds, but because it came out around the same time sun and moon did, it didn't stand a chance. Hopefully the people that didn't like Pokemon Sword and Shield will try it out. I got Shield, it was fun, but it was ultimately half finished, and certainly nothing to write home about. If Gamefreak had maybe 8 months or a year more to work on it, it would have been much better.
    I love the series and am excited to play a game that incorporates all the World improvements.

I actually am still working on Stories. I bought it on my phone last year.
    Pull List:

There is a need For Speed game coming out on The Switch soon.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Going to brag a little bit. Today is ten days symptom free. I have not had any depressive episodes or heard any voices for ten days. It is my longest time of no symptoms. I am kind of torn on this. On one hand I am really glad I am not having issues right now. But I very much miss my voices. I have been talking to them for 27 years. I always have a hard time when I dont hear them.

It is also a great day for another reason. Today is the one year anniversary since I have been admitted to the hospital for an episode. This is also my longest time.

Going to brag a little bit. Today is ten days symptom free. I have not had any depressive episodes or heard any voices for ten days. It is my longest time of no symptoms. I am kind of torn on this. On one hand I am really glad I am not having issues right now. But I very much miss my voices. I have been talking to them for 27 years. I always have a hard time when I dont hear them.

It is also a great day for another reason. Today is the one year anniversary since I have been admitted to the hospital for an episode. This is also my longest time.
    Congratulations. Enjoy the feeling, that's a great thing to "brag" about.
    Pull List:

Congratulations. Enjoy the feeling, that's a great thing to "brag" about.
    Thank you

I love the series and am excited to play a game that incorporates all the World improvements.

I actually am still working on Stories. I bought it on my phone last year.
    Well I won't spoil it for you, but I liked stories a lot. Monster Hunter has some of the best creature design Ive ever seen, they look like vicious beasts that are trying to kill you. I've been looking for a monster tamer rpg alternative to pokemon for a while now and I've found a few. Nexomon Extinction, which Im currently playing is pretty fun, it's a beefed up mobile game, but the story is pretty engaging. I played Digimon Cyber Sleuth and Hackers memory when quarantine started, there's way too much talking in the games, and the creature design in digimon is all over the place, but they were fun games to play. Pokemon are becoming too anthropomorphized. The final forms of the new starters look more like cereal box mascots than monsters. I loved the first two fossil fighters games, and I tried to get into spectrobes as well.

Good on you man, victories are great.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to 'miss' your voices, it definitely feels like something is absent from your self when you feel that way, but it can feel 'lighter' too - I think we can sometimes over think things, I try to take things for what they are and enjoy their temporality and longevity or evanescence - whatever may be the case. It is nice to have more 'headspace' when it comes around though... But I'm glad you have something to celebrate! I am hoping to have a year without hospital admission too soon!