View Poll Results: Which Power Would You Like For Cynthia To Have?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Illusions

7 58.33%
  • Intangibility

1 8.33%
  • Vibration manipulation and dimension travel

0 0%
  • Don't know/all three are good

4 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Also, give her the code name Apparition, since Tinya’s not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So can we add sensory manipulation (smell, touch, taste and hearing) to Cynthia's illusions or would that be too much?
    Maybe we can rename her "VR.5" , since Lori Singer isn't using it...? Apparition is cool - the name of one Legionnaire with the powers of another Legionnaire? I dig it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Somewhere "between" (which is what her name infers)

While Cisco Ramon Vibe can control vibrations and open portals/rifts and travel to other dimensions.
    Gypsy is trapped between them all, or rather actually exits in all of them at once. That is what makes her unique.
    On the one hand, I would have gone for illusion powers, if only because it's so rarely used (and super-cheap to portray amazing visual effects on the page, compared to on the TV or movie screen).

But your idea is also amazing, and I particularly like the notion that her control of her own vibrational frequency might render her immune to some sorts of 'retcons' and make her the focal point or central character of the occasional event, as she 'remembers' a world being different the last time she manifested here, and sets into motion events to 'set it right' or 'fix the timeline.'

One funky variation is that she might manifest as a 'native' to whatever world she vibes into, even if that leads to some significant changes to her, personally, such as a version of herself manifesting on a flooded Earth, where the only humanoid life is Atlantean-descended, phasing into solidity on that Earth causes *her* to become Atlantean!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe we can rename her "VR.5" , since Lori Singer isn't using it...? Apparition is cool - the name of one Legionnaire with the powers of another Legionnaire? I dig it.
    Unfortunately, I think Marvel has Nomad and Wanderer, both of which would be good names that keep to her original concept.
    Bohemian could work.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I once heard of this fanfic where a telepath's powers evolved into technopathy. The idea was that both technopathy and telepathy work by manipulating electricity (the brain works via electric signals) so a telepath's powers could affect electronic devices. What if Cynthia's abilities evolved to fooling machines as well?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-15-2019 at 09:07 AM.

I like her chameleon powers with a bit of martial arts added in ... sneak up and WHACK

I like her being from another dimension. Maybe she was adopted by the Reynolds family once she was stranded on earth ... that way she isn’t just some suburban girl who played dress ups... she’s actually an inter dimensional gypsy.

Perhaps she could grow wings and be called Gypsy Moth.