View Poll Results: Should the X-Men keep trying for coexistence?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 37.89%
  • No

16 16.84%
  • Yes, but only to a point

26 27.37%
  • Who cares-Hickman is telling an amazing story

17 17.89%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    BANNED

Why wont Krakoa invite all of Netherlands to live with them? What have the Dutch ever done to it :'(

BANNED

It's funny how much of an overlap there is with people who say "kill the flatscans" with people who have also said that there shouldn't be more humans written to be in support of mutants and the X-Men.
    Kind of like they only want a narrative where the X-Men's dream is nothing but unobtainable and mutants are nothing but hated, like they don't want any kind of progress and just want mutant genocides to happen over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Neither did I. You were bemoaning coexistence on the micro/individual level, but you unwittingly provided your own examples.
    I was responding to a poster saying "there wasn't a single flatscan worth protecting" .
    The exchange is literally on this page.
    But yes, typically Shogo living with Jubilee or Corsair being able to visit his children is typically what I have in mind when talking about coexistence. Absolutely. That's the kind of things that should be possible on Krakoa for sapiens who don't happen to have ties with the X-Men, but love their mutants relatives, friends or partners all the same.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Every mutant should be required to piss on Bolivar Trask grave before joining Krakoa. It can be a metaphor for Margaret Thatcher.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I was responding to a poster saying "there wasn't a single flatscan worth protecting" .
    The exchange is literally on this page.
    But yes, typically Shogo living with Jubilee or Corsair being able to visit his children is typically what I have in mind when talking about coexistence. Absolutely. That's the kind of things that should be possible on Krakoa for sapiens who don't happen to have ties with the X-Men, but love their mutants relatives, friends or partners all the same.
    I understand why you referenced them, and I’m saying that you unknowingly provided yourself with the example you were looking for in our exchange. The exchange is literally on this page (well, on the previous page for me).

So glad you can acknowledge that they meet your criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I understand why you referenced them, and I’m saying that you unknowingly provided yourself with the example you were looking for in our exchange. The exchange is literally on this page (well, on the previous page for me).

So glad you can acknowledge that they meet your criteria.
    They do, absolutely.
    They are also two people with close ties to the X-Men, some of whom literally rule over Krakoa in that Council.
    We don't know if they are exceptions to the rules or the standard for how sapiens are considered by the Kraked.
    I wouldn't talk of examples in those cases for that simple reason, but of an encouraging sign.
    We've yet to see the sapiens I was referring to earlier, the ones who don't happen to be connected with the X-Men, being allowed to visit their relatives on that island too.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If i'm blunt about it, it's more old vs. young in the inherit conflict. I mean we look out for our elders, yes, but does it make sense to shape the future based on someone or something that will be gone in 20-30 years. At this point with the way the directive has changed mutants trying to build the world for traditional humans makes as much sense as us building our world for dinosaurs. Just objectively speaking.
    On this specific topic, I prefer the solution found by Van Vogt's mutants, the Slans. Not only they could read minds and were stronger than the humans, they also were kinder and cleverer than the humans. Feared and hunted too. But they thought long-term… Compared to them, Marvel's mutants are messy. But maybe it's Marvel that cannot think long-term. After all, they are just human…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

The main issue with the mutant-human relations is the oppression that is a part of the system they live in. The only way to end any sort of oppression is to destroy the current system. As it is, there are people who will defend the system, since they reap the benefits from it. Namely, people such as Trask Industries or Kilgore Arms. So conflict is inevitable since, even if you consider the existence of mutant supporters among humans, the ones who hold the system together have more power in general and will do everything they can to maintain things as they are. Coexistence between oppressors and oppressed can only happen through one side suppressing the other, unless you're counting on a miracle that would be a collective change of mind.

But sure, let the X-Men try. It isn't like 18 millions of them already got killed trying to achieve that. At least now they can come back.

BANNED

Guys, I just told my neighbors I was moving to another part of town, now they locked me inside my house and set it on fire, they say its my fault for thinking Im better then them. Please send help.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Why wont Krakoa invite all of Netherlands to live with them? What have the Dutch ever done to it :'(
    Can’t believe after 56 years there still isn’t a Dutch mutant smh

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Imagine Americans writing a Dutch character.

Guys, I just told my neighbors I was moving to another part of town, now they locked me inside my house and set it on fire, they say its my fault for thinking Im better then them. Please send help.
    Just exhale.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Well, all right then. Because all humans have got it coming. Start with these little monsters.

This one next! Look at that soulless stare!

And look at this last one! Grrr, staring in such blank innocence. HAS HE NEVER HEARD OF GENOSHA?!

AN END! AN ENDING! AN ENDING TO ALL FIENDS!
    Demons. All of them. If they won't accept their inevitable obsolescence to the Homo Superior then they will be crushed when Krakoa spreads their roots to the entire world.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The main issue with the mutant-human relations is the oppression that is a part of the system they live in. The only way to end any sort of oppression is to destroy the current system. As it is, there are people who will defend the system, since they reap the benefits from it. Namely, people such as Trask Industries or Kilgore Arms. So conflict is inevitable since, even if you consider the existence of mutant supporters among humans, the ones who hold the system together have more power in general and will do everything they can to maintain things as they are. Coexistence between oppressors and oppressed can only happen through one side suppressing the other, unless you're counting on a miracle that would be a collective change of mind.

But sure, let the X-Men try. It isn't like 18 millions of them already got killed trying to achieve that. At least now they can come back.
    Or alternatively, we bring out guillotines, start a revolution and kill all bourge... Err, anti-mutant oppressors, French Revolution style.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Can’t believe after 56 years there still isn’t a Dutch mutant smh
    Whos more likely to argue she has dutch ancestry when someone points out she is white: Kate, Jean or Emma?

Hopefully they swing around and get me too. I closed my windows and they barged in saying i was trying to live separate from the world. HELP!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/