View Poll Results: Should the X-Men keep trying for coexistence?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 37.89%
  • No

16 16.84%
  • Yes, but only to a point

26 27.37%
  • Who cares-Hickman is telling an amazing story

17 17.89%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

I don’t think it’s said that it has to be in the “natural way.” I’m assuming mutants intend to count all the resurrected mutants among their numbers which would also include the sixteen million Genoshans and million depowered mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I understand but in just 20 years ?
    It's possible. If 17 million mutants can die in 3 years anything is possible.

Also this is a world where humans are just as dangerous as mutants. With Stark Technology, Richards, and big brained scientists any crazed human can kill a large number of other humans anytime really. So i think given those variables it can happen.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why are you questioning comic book science?
    "Cable was right!"

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    No, actually I think they should start actively exterminating humanity.
    Well, all right then. Because all humans have got it coming. Start with these little monsters.

This one next! Look at that soulless stare!

And look at this last one! Grrr, staring in such blank innocence. HAS HE NEVER HEARD OF GENOSHA?!

AN END! AN ENDING! AN ENDING TO ALL FIENDS!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Well, all right then. Because all humans have got it coming. Start with these little monsters.

This one next! Look at that soulless stare!

And look at this last one! Grrr, staring in such blank innocence. HAS HE NEVER HEARD OF GENOSHA?!

AN END! AN ENDING! AN ENDING TO ALL FIENDS!
    I'm having a hard time, connecting with these characters, the art is too photo realistic.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Tommy=Psylocke. White stuck in an ethnic body for cool points.
    Not even close to being the same thing.

I think this was addressed somewhere. Basically what was said is humans will continue to outnumber mutants for quite sometime but in 20 years the mutants will have enough power to simply overpower what ever tech/weapons humanity could use against them. The specific phrase used was its the 10 wolves vs 100 sheep argument.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm having a hard time, connecting with these characters, the art is too photo realistic.
    They’re all X-gene positive anyway.

BANNED

It made sense for the XMen to live in the flatscan suburbs when there were 15 mutants around the globe. Now that they rank in the millions, not so much. Their whole struggle has been to get to this point where they can make their own society.

Remember when the mutants who could pass got to live in the mansion, and the rest had to live in the sewers? That was some great coexistence right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Remember when the mutants who could pass got to live in the mansion, and the rest had to live in the sewers? That was some great coexistence right there.
    I'm pretty sure Callisto threw down every offer made.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    You're assuming that 616 humans are capable of learning from mistakes and being compassionate. Clearly, all evidence points to the contrary. Flatscans will never learn because they're too busy either being cowards when faced with the unknown, or being too greedy to share the planet with each other, let alone their genetic superiors. Honestly, the X-Men should've let Onslaught handle his business all those years ago. There is not a single flatscan worth protecting.
    Tell that to Shogo, Corsair and all their relatives, and all the sapiens who happen to be normal, decent people.
    Not that I expected anything else from you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    That’s not what’s happening, though. They’re engaging the world in trade and diplomacy, looking for peaceful coexistence despite knowing that even their “allied” human governments are working against them in secret.
    Yeah, coexistence as in "individuals interacting/living/exchanging with one another in the same space, at the same time" , not the state-to-state relationships people keep trying to push as "meaningful".
    Macro scale and micro scale are not the same thing and don't hold the same weight for any individual. I made this argument from a micro-scale perspective, we happen to read comicbooks who are presented from a micro-scale perspective too in the sense of " we are following the individuals in those stories", and even as individuals we experience life on a micro-scale too.
    It's all well and good to make arguments on a macro-scale, but it ignores the point of the remark I initially made.
    The day nations will be embodied by one macro-individual, we can revisit this topic if you so wish. For now, let's agree to disagree on this.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Tell that to Shogo, Corsair and all their relatives, and all the sapiens who happen to be normal, decent people.
    Not that I expected anything else from you anyway.

Yeah, coexistence as in "individuals interacting/living/exchanging with one another in the same space, at the same time" , not the state-to-state relationships people keep trying to push as "meaningful".
    Macro scale and micro scale are not the same thing and don't hold the same weight for any individual. I made this argument from a micro-scale perspective, we happen to read comicbooks who are presented from a micro-scale perspective too in the sense of " we are following the individuals in those stories", and even as individuals we experience life on a micro-scale too.
    It's all well and good to make arguments on a macro-scale, but it ignores the point of the remark I initially made.
    The day nations will be embodied by one macro-individual, we can revisit this topic if you so wish. For now, let's agree to disagree on this.
    You uttered names in this very post that disprove your point about the micro scale: Shogo and Corsair.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    You uttered names in this very post that disprove your point about the micro scale: Shogo and Corsair.
    I didn't know Shogo and Corsairs were the embodiment of entire nations, but please elaborate your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's clear for me that the X-men of now have nothing to do with the X-men of before. From champions of everyone and universal rights, they have become champions of their people and their cause only. It's not a small difference.
    Is it their fault? The fault of the non-mutants? Did they have any choice? If I blame someone, it's Marvel: it has reduced the symbolic significance of the X-men.
    It it the saddest thing about this whole affair IMO.
    You echoed my feelings.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I didn't know Shogo and Corsairs were the embodiment of entire nations, but please elaborate your point.

It it the saddest thing about this whole affair IMO.
    You echoed my feelings.
    Neither did I. You were bemoaning coexistence on the micro/individual level, but you unwittingly provided your own examples.