View Poll Results: Should the X-Men keep trying for coexistence?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 37.89%
  • No

16 16.84%
  • Yes, but only to a point

26 27.37%
  • Who cares-Hickman is telling an amazing story

17 17.89%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    How is it different. Parent's don't have to send their children to Krakoa. They can let them stay where they are and hope for the best. There are a lot of good humans so whats the problem?
    Makes me think of the song "Can't have your cake and eat it tooooo giiiiirrllll"
    And the kids can come and go as they please, assuming their nations of origin aren’t actively obstructing use of the Gates and violently punishing those who would use them.

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Not because of blonde hair. Frost is a Scandinavian last name.

Although, it could be Welsh.

Or Americanized version of German Forst.

Or Scottish.

The point is, it's mainly Scandinavian.
    Or English - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Frost

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    And the kids can come and go as they please, assuming their nations of origin aren’t actively obstructing use of the Gates and violently punishing those who would use them.
    Yup. Or how do we know Xavier didn't put plants in their homes so their kids can go home for dinner sometimes. Humans can't go through the portals but mutants can go out. All they need is a wall, doesn't look like the portal takes up too much space. I just know Mah Guthrie has a portal somewhere on that farm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I voted Yes but only to a point, and I believe that is closer to what's going on here than a simple No

We'll see but they do have human allies certainly Corsair is one? And there are others. The idea NO HUMANS are pro mutant is absurd.

Now, the concept of never resisting their own oppression? Always turning the other cheek? These ideals have been proven impractical over long time of comics. Time to mature at a certain stage and realize it
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Uh can I move in with my jack Russell?
    Swap that mutt for a german shepherd and we can talk.

How is it different. Parent's don't have to send their children to Krakoa. They can let them stay where they are and hope for the best. There are a lot of good humans so whats the problem?
    Makes me think of the song "Can't have your cake and eat it tooooo giiiiirrllll"
    Im sorry kid we want you but **** your parents. This **** doesnt hold up.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    We all have certain goals, aspirations, and dreams that are ultimately never going to be fully realized. If those goals, aspirations, and dreams are good and honorable, the act of pursuing them in a good and honorable way improves is in so many way. It often improves the people around us who are inspired by the attempt. It makes our corner of the world a better place than it would otherwise be. Examples would be to be the perfect friend/spouse/brother/sister/son/daughter/etc. We know we'll never truly achieve being perfect, but we try and try and try. Real life dreams like MLK Jr and fictional dreams like Xavier's are always worth pursuing. For a devout Christian, it is to be as holy and kind and loving as Jesus. No matter what, they should never be abandoned. Of course, an idealist's heart beats in me in spite of surviving my "family". Obviously, I voted yes to the poll.
    I can't Like your post, so I'll quote it and say it just so. Liked.

Even if a beautiful dream is impossible, pursuing it is never a mistake.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Im sorry kid we want you but **** your parents. This **** doesnt hold up.
    This is absolutely no different then Xavier school.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Swap that mutt for a german shepherd and we can talk.
    You a fan of police dogs?

BANNED

Nah, a the private property of a school's a bit different to a whole land-mass/country. I mean, sure, you can argue a case for the kid maybe being considered to study abroad, but...? Kinda flimsy if the parents actually do want to join their kid in support and, ya know, could potentially have the option.
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 11-05-2019 at 05:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Obviously, and I'm pretty sure I actually said it, but the sapiens I'm referring to are the ones who want a relationship with their mutant relatives/friends/partners, the ones who love them.
    As for why I asked you those questions, it's because you didn't allude to the individuals and their experiences in the first answer you made, only about leaders and businessmen and the systems that they control.
    I'm glad to see some nuance being brought up to this discussion, it was lacking.
    I didn't allude to the individuals because I was talking on a macro level, where the fate of a few individuals isn't an imperative point compared to a shake-up of human society from top to bottom. In the inevitable conflict, humans should have a response proportional to their actions. Did a human act with violence against mutants as parts of warring factions do? Mutants should react with the necessary violence to suppress that individual. Do they want to ally with the mutants or simply be out of harm's way? Then they should be put out of harm's way as long as possible. I don't see that as that big an issue because I don't believe many individuals, when threatened with a revolution where they are the ones benefitting from the status quo, would choose to side with the revolutionaries. So, I tend not to focus on that and look at the bigger picture.

Or any other school. Can you imagine parents trying to sit in on classes everyday or live at a boarding school with the students.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Real talk though. I find it absolutely fascinating how many people dictate and judge how others should or should not deal with their oppressors.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Gosh, who knew that the notion of not having unfettered access to a place would be so offensive to some people?

Or any other school. Can you imagine parents trying to sit in on classes everyday or live at a boarding school with the students.
    But the parents can visit the school, i was talking more about the permanent resident for the kid.