View Poll Results: Should the X-Men keep trying for coexistence?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 37.89%
  • No

16 16.84%
  • Yes, but only to a point

26 27.37%
  • Who cares-Hickman is telling an amazing story

17 17.89%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    All of that is true. But I will point out if that was the only reason, straight ally's wouldn't show up at those things.
    This is why we shouldnt have good humans focus. Or "allies" at pride.

Just because something has history in something doesn't mean it's the sole reason. I am sure there are more reasons pride exist but i think in it's purest form it's about finding pride in yourself and showing others how beautiful that is when it's coming from a pure place of "this is who i am and i do love me." I think for me, that's whats more powerful and the base intent.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

If I had tentacles, I'm pretty sure I would count that as a mutant power. Tentacles are awesome.
    Depending on the size, they can be.

Bonus points if you're from Japan.
    Last edited by djoki96; 11-04-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Also, all straight people should be raped and violated in order for things to change for LGBT.
    All of that is true. But I will point out if that was the only reason, straight ally's wouldn't show up at those things.
    I always thought they went there to hook up
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think they would. Because if you are a true ally, what better moment to be a part of than someone you want to help feeling true pride in themselves. It must be a really warm feeling i would imagine.
    Fair enough. Don't see why humans couldn't show up at mutants pride parades then.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    This is why we shouldnt have good humans focus. Or "allies" at pride.
    Okay, good to know regular people who sympathize can neither learn from their mistakes or help minorities. They must contribute to the broken system they were born into and nothing else.

BANNED

Just because something has history in something doesn't mean it's the sole reason. I am sure there are more reasons pride exist but i think in it's purest form it's about finding pride in yourself and showing others how beautiful that is when it's coming from a pure place of "this is who i am and i do love me." I think for me, that's whats more powerful and the base intent.
    That's fair enough; but a lot of articles I've read seem to stress the importance of it being borne from the Stonewall movement? But then, like ya said, different meanings for different people. I'm gonna respect both!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Sorry, that was extreme. My only point was that since mutants are a metaphor for minorites, saying all humans should go through the same shit mutants did is the only remotely possible way for peace means all non-minorities should go through the same things as minorites did.

I always thought they went there to hook up
    Hey, who am I to judge.

Sorry, that was extreme.
    You are forgiven my friend. Let us wage war on the Sapiens together.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Sorry, that was extreme. My only point was that since mutants are a metaphor for minorites, saying all humans should go through the same shit mutants did is the only remotely possible way for peace means all non-minorities should go through the same things as minorites did.

Hey, who am I to judge.
    This thread in of itself has proven that mutants is a metaphor for not a specific minority but ALL minorities. Every minority while not feeling the same thing feel a lot of the same base emotions. Seclusion, fear, what's wrong with me, i i s there something wrong with them, how can i change. But i think that is the saddest part of it all. I'm sure we've all felt like the minority at some point but we can't seem to get out of our own way to universally apply the message. Sure some may be more extreme than others but at the heart of it everyone is persecuted for the same reasons. Fear or lack of understanding. But if we can't put ourselves in the space of what do we have a common all we do is focus on what tears us apart. I don't think we ever recovered from being scattered after trying to build the tower to heaven. (this jack daniels gots me way to deep.)
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    That's fair enough; but a lot of articles I've read seem to stress the importance of it being borne from the Stonewall movement? But then, like ya said, different meanings for different people. I'm gonna respect both!
    It's always best to try to find the most positive route and then work backwards.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This thread in of itself has proven that mutants is a metaphor for not a specific minority but ALL minorities. Every minority while not feeling the same thing feel a lot of the same base emotions. Seclusion, fear, what's wrong with me, i i s there something wrong with them, how can i change. But i think that is the saddest part of it all. I'm sure we've all felt like the minority at some point but we can't seem to get out of our own way to universally apply the message. Sure some may be more extreme than others but at the heart of it everyone is persecuted for the same reasons. Fear or lack of understanding. But if we can't put ourselves in the space of what do we have a common all we do is focus on what tears us apart. I don't think we ever recovered from being scattered after trying to build the tower to heaven. (this jack daniels gots me way to deep.)
    Isn't it more that mutants are a metaphor for any specific minority, not all minorities at once?* Because that can get problematic.

*And also puberty in general, which tends to be the easiest metaphor.

Isn't it more that mutants are a metaphor for any specific minority, not all minorities at once?* Because that can get problematic.

*And also puberty in general, which tends to be the easiest metaphor.
    No i think we should embrace that one thing can mean something else to others and use that as a way to connect. I honestly really try to see where people are coming from on this message board. It's not changing anyone's life, it's not moving anything forward, but i do use it as a growth opportunity because though i fail more often than succeed it feels good to learn something from someone elses perspective. It feels good when i understand someone that i didn't think i could because i feel it makes me more human because that's what we all are.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

No i think we should embrace that one thing can mean something else to others and use that as a way to connect. I honestly really try to see where people are coming from on this message board. It's not changing anyone's life, it's not moving anything forward, but i do use it as a growth opportunity because though i fail more often than succeed it feels good to learn something from someone elses perspective. It feels good when i understand someone that i didn't think i could because i feel it makes me more human because that's what we all are.
    Now these are the kinds of good vibes the world needs!! <3

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Um, I am getting some significant feels for this sentiment, especially since most of the time the posts I read on X-forums are biting responses to my own. I feel...happy with this? Like there's more than one heart beating in my chest? Huh.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.