Thread: Man, I wish...

Default Man, I wish...

Ya know, I really wish Marvel had a streaming service like DC where you could have a subscription and read old comics in an unlimited fashion. I would happily shill our 70 bucks a month for it like I do DC. Sigh.

But... they do?

He means streaming service with shows and films like DC Universe. Marvel Unlimited is just comic books.

Marvel had the right idea making Unlimited comics only. DC Universe hasn't been successful enough. It's shows will end up on HBO Max.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That just shows how big of a dummy I am. I really didn’t know about Unlimited. Just looked it up and subscribed. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He means streaming service with shows and films like DC Universe. Marvel Unlimited is just comic books.

Marvel had the right idea making Unlimited comics only. DC Universe hasn't been successful enough. It's shows will end up on HBO Max.
    Marvel shows will be on Disney+ beginning this month.

I know. DC having their's on two different services makes no sense, so, while Doom Patrol season 2 will be on HBO Max, I expect all DC Universe shows to move there, and that service to become exactly the same as Unlimited, only obviously for DC Comics instead of Marvel.

And wow, so OP really did mean just comics?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    That just shows how big of a dummy I am. I really didn’t know about Unlimited. Just looked it up and subscribed. Lol
    I've been a member of Marvel Unlimited for many years. You should be getting a cool welcome kit. One time I complained (and I am sure many others did ) because at first you just got the one goody package and that was it. I missed out on the Doom holding the Infinity Gauntlet exclusive (I think it was at SDCC too). They changed it so that now you should get goody package every year if you renew annually.

I think their indexes need some work though. I was trying to look up Namor's first love Lady Dorma for example. She wasn't listed in the "D" section or the "L"

I was a charter member of Marvel Unlimited and I revered it, but I dropped it a couple of years ago. As wonderful as it is I just can't take the one-page view.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    I was a charter member of Marvel Unlimited and I revered it, but I dropped it a couple of years ago. As wonderful as it is I just can't take the one-page view.
    What do you mean? Do you wish you could see more than one page at a time?
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    What do you mean? Do you wish you could see more than one page at a time?
    When it started out it was just for the computer screen, and it was a 2 page view like reading an actual comic. Then everyone got pads and phones and it shrunk down to fit that. The 1 page view is just completely unnatural to me.

Signed,

Old Man Yelling At Cloud.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Since it's possible to pay annually for $70 (the number you mentioned as the monthly fee) I had assumed this thread was some kind of sarcastic joke I didn't get (especially since Marvel's service pre-dates DC's by years), but I'm glad you got to discover it and get enjoyment out of it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?