Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Marvel Zombies Resurrection

I thought this was a one shot.I liked this but i didn't here about any more of these.So is it going to continue or not

I thought it was a one shot too, but it's a series. The first issue was fun and got going really quick. Looking forward to the next issue.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

What do you think of the new issue?

Mighty Member

I liked it ,of Course i read the one from last year after the new one

Anyone know what happened in the newest issue that came out Wednesday?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

To make a long story short, Peter Parker is leading a small band of survivors consisting of Franklin and Valeria Richards, Forge of the X-Men, Carol Danvers's pet Flerken Chewie, and Karla "Moonstone" Sofen, with a reprogrammed Sentinel serving as a guard dog of sorts. It's pretty bleak, as standard for a zombie apocalypse, but there's at least one surprisingly sweet moment where Peter reunites with an old woman who saw him rescue a whole family as Spider-Man, along with a moment where Forge turns out to have weaponized Cyclops's severed head, and who saves Peter from getting taken and turned by the Respawned (as the zombies are called here) like Karla was?

spoilers:
    Blade. The Vampire Hunter.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    To make a long story short, Peter Parker is leading a small band of survivors consisting of Franklin and Valeria Richards, Forge of the X-Men, Carol Danvers's pet Flerken Chewie, and Karla "Moonstone" Sofen, with a reprogrammed Sentinel serving as a guard dog of sorts. It's pretty bleak, as standard for a zombie apocalypse, but there's at least one surprisingly sweet moment where Peter reunites with an old woman who saw him rescue a whole family as Spider-Man, along with a moment where Forge turns out to have weaponized Cyclops's severed head, and who saves Peter from getting taken and turned by the Respawned (as the zombies are called here) like Karla was?

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Damn. So Tony wasn’t in this issue?

I liked Issue #1 so far, however, there is something I cant shake my head off.. is this the same universe as the original Marvel Zombies saga? And if so, how would that fit with
    A- Franklin and Val deaths, while hugging their mother as the zombies drew close
    B- The intervention of 1610!Reed and 1610!Doom

I wonder if this will have the typical bleak ending books like this tend to have or something more optimistic for once?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I liked Issue #1 so far, however, there is something I cant shake my head off.. is this the same universe as the original Marvel Zombies saga? And if so, how would that fit with
    A- Franklin and Val deaths, while hugging their mother as the zombies drew close
    B- The intervention of 1610!Reed and 1610!Doom
    It's a different universe, not the same as OG Marvel Zombies.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Please help.

There was a Marvel Zombies: Resurrection #1 printed at some point last year, right? Then the same creative team released a Marvel Zombies: Resurrection #1 this week? Is it the same book?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Please help.

There was a Marvel Zombies: Resurrection #1 printed at some point last year, right? Then the same creative team released a Marvel Zombies: Resurrection #1 this week? Is it the same book?
    It's a continuation.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Please help.

I think the Marvel Zombies: Resurrection issue that came out last year was actually #0.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I can't really look at them as Zombies, they are more like Deadites from Evil Dead, all they need to say is "Join Us".

TBH honest comparing this with the Original Saga i felt i liked the original more.

Comparing this to DCeased? I go with DC.

This you can practically tell Peter is going to die sacrificing himself.

About the only thing i can say that was original was have that thing between him and Karla before she did something so trope as walking away from the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I thought it was actually pretty cool that they used Karla in the book, as opposed to another super hero. Sort of reminded he of her in the Tbolts back in the day. Sad things turned out the way they did.

But a very cool to see the guy who saves Spidey. Perfect guy for this sort of story.

I am slightly interested in the reveal of what the infection is, more than anything else. The story beats are pretty predictable so I am not getting my hopes too high on that. I don't even like the Zombie Genre much, but still, I kind of want to know what's the origin of all of this.