Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    I am slightly interested in the reveal of what the infection is, more than anything else. The story beats are pretty predictable so I am not getting my hopes too high on that. I don't even like the Zombie Genre much, but still, I kind of want to know what's the origin of all of this.
    That's the interesting thing about a lot of the marvel zombie stuff. I'm not sure they ever bothered revealing where or how any of this REALLY started. Granted there's a lot of zombie stuff I might have missed... but the first story at least sort of just glossed over that.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

The first story just sort of told us it was an undead The Sentry from another universe.

As tropey as this story is, I do like it. The “bamf” and the reveal of Beast was genuinely scary. Nice going.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I can't really look at them as Zombies, they are more like Deadites from Evil Dead, all they need to say is "Join Us".

TBH honest comparing this with the Original Saga i felt i liked the original more.

Comparing this to DCeased? I go with DC.

This you can practically tell Peter is going to die sacrificing himself.

About the only thing i can say that was original was have that thing between him and Karla before she did something so trope as walking away from the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I thought it was actually pretty cool that they used Karla in the book, as opposed to another super hero. Sort of reminded he of her in the Tbolts back in the day. Sad things turned out the way they did.

But a very cool to see the guy who saves Spidey. Perfect guy for this sort of story.
    Indeed. And yeah, I liked Peter/Karla, too. Thought it'd be an interesting character study between them, since Peter was well on his way to becoming a "look out for myself only" kind of person, like Karla's usual or common depiction, before his Uncle Ben was murdered by a thief he ignored just because he thought it wasn't his problem. I'd really like to see an encounter between them in canon that played on that, Peter realizing that if not for Uncle Ben's death, he might have become not that much different from Karla.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. And yeah, I liked Peter/Karla, too. Thought it'd be an interesting character study between them, since Peter was well on his way to becoming a "look out for myself only" kind of person, like Karla's usual or common depiction, before his Uncle Ben was murdered by a thief he ignored just because he thought it wasn't his problem. I'd really like to see an encounter between them in canon that played on that, Peter realizing that if not for Uncle Ben's death, he might have become not that much different from Karla.
    Would be a nice premise though the most selfless person in marvel, meets the most selfish person in marvel.

Yeah would loved to see a deep conversation between Peter and Karla, about their pasts, what happened to Uncle Ben.

I'd like to see Karla go Psychiatrist & cut into Peters beliefs, May be with something like "You were never responsible, for what happened to your Uncle."
    Make Peter question himself. Is this what Uncle Ben truly would have wanted for him to do. Be a hero and risk his life or live a happier life to the fullest.
    May be even question if Uncle Ben was right or was Peter guilt tripped. May be tell Peter that being driven by Guilt is unhealthy.

Also would liked to see Peter hit back and make Karla question herself.
    With their Pasts being somewhat similar.
    Both grew up poor and lost their father/father figure at a young age. Both were prodigies in their respective studies. Both gained powers, but one became a famous hero the other an infamous villain.
    "Without Sin, what Grace has Forgiveness."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by la.forsaken View Post
    Would be a nice premise though the most selfless person in marvel, meets the most selfish person in marvel.

Yeah would loved to see a deep conversation between Peter and Karla, about their pasts, what happened to Uncle Ben.

I'd like to see Karla go Psychiatrist & cut into Peters beliefs, May be with something like "You were never responsible, for what happened to your Uncle."
    Make Peter question himself. Is this what Uncle Ben truly would have wanted for him to do. Be a hero and risk his life or live a happier life to the fullest.
    May be even question if Uncle Ben was right or was Peter guilt tripped. May be tell Peter that being driven by Guilt is unhealthy.

Also would liked to see Peter hit back and make Karla question herself.
    With their Pasts being somewhat similar.
    Both grew up poor and lost their father/father figure at a young age. Both were prodigies in their respective studies. Both gained powers, but one became a famous hero the other an infamous villain.
    That would be a very interesting interaction between them, and since Karla was an expert psychologist well before becoming a supervillain, it would make a lot of sense. Hell, could turn into a better version (hopefully) of what happened over at DC with Batman's father from the Flashpoint timeline trying to convince Bruce (through some very extreme means) that being Batman was unhealthy for him and he should have focused on building a happier life for himself rather than throwing it away in violent nightly crusades against crime. Considering that the main-continuity Spider-Man is on his way to the newly reopened Ravencroft in the upcoming ASM . . . and Karla happens to be currently on staff in Ravencroft . . . maybe we might get that sooner or later.
    The spider is always on the hunt.