Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Default Cobra Kai, a great show

I'm not a "YouTube premium series" person (if it's not on Nflix or HBO, I can't watch it), so I am pretty late to the Cobra Kai series party (which is gonna enter its third season).

But they just released seasons 1 & 2 on DVD (I love physical media), and so now I am finally watching it.

I just finished Season 1 and I have to say, it's one of the greatest seasons of a show ever.

It's so smartly written and fresh. And poignant. You literally could not imagine a perfect "years later" sequel to the Karate Kid film series.

I can't get over how surprised I am how great the show is. At least this first season. Just stunning quality.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I was pretty surprised how good it was. I honestly wasn't expecting much... most of these retro shows like Full House or Rosanne or whatever are pretty so-so.

But the idea of showing things from Johnnys perspective is pretty darn brillaint, and the exectued it amazing well. Tons of throw backs to the original show while still being fresh.

Can't wait for the next season. The season 2 cliff hanger really left me wanting to see what happens next.