Default Netflix Cancels Mystery Science Theater 3000

Article here.

Can't say I'm overly disappointed. Most of the cast and writers did their best but it just didn't gel the say the "Joel" and "Mike" seasons did. Also, I found Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt grating, the way they mugged for the cameras. They're both more talented than that but for some reason let their "nerd cred" get the better of them on this.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I thought it was great, after some early problems when they were trying to jam too many riffs into every scene. I agree that Kinga and Max were less funny than previous Mads, but I would still like to see the show continue.

I hope they can find another home for the series. I thought the first season was a bit rough in places, but by the second one all the kinks were ironed out and I thought they were all in fantastic form, so it's such a shame to cancel it just as it was hitting its stride!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

It wouldn't bother me at all if they took the show back to its low-budget origins. The show was just as good when the puppets and props were cobbled together from dumpster finds.