Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Given DC's relative neglect of the character in recent years, and the lack of notable feats for her in any medium, this may not be too wide of the mark for the current version.
    The list seems to be talking about overall history. So that list is not accurate. And even if we go by current version only. This decade Diana has fought supergirl more than once and won. Carol danvers, barda and starfire dont have feats that suggest current Diana can't beat them.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Diana hasn't had many moments where she goes evil. But that doesn't mean she doesnt have the power to Face sg, pg and sm. She also has the mystical and magic elements on her side. So she can go well beyond earth.
    She has access to them, but she's not a magic hero. She has a foot in that world, but she's no Zatanna. She is a great conduit for magic and a perfect cipher for new readers to get into that side of the universe, but just flying out into deep space for fun? That's outside Diana's usual purview as far as I've read.

Well, if they're talking MCU Carol, then yeah, sure. MCU Carol is stupid powerful by design. Like, "make Stormbreaker Thor look quaint" powerful.

As far as comics go? Outside of plot device characters like Spectre or Darkseid.....I'm not sure if DC has anyone who could consistently take Diana in a "best of five" matchup. Mages and reality warpers like Zatanna, Fate, and Firestorm have the best odds but if they don't immobilize Diana within the first second or two, they'll probably lose. All Diana has to do is close the distance between them and they're finished, so it all comes down to whether Zee can say "Pots" before Diana gets her hands around Zee's mouth. Same goes for Fate and 'Storm; hard to cast spells and bend atoms when you've got Diana smashing your face with a shield.

All the other super strong brawlers like Clark don't have Diana's skill, and few can equal her experience. I think that even if Diana's raw strength was just as Golden Age "throw a tank across a battlefield" levels her sheer fighting prowess and equipment would still win her a fight against Superman more than 50% of the time. And Superman's my guy; I don't chump rank him.

As for other characters......Marvel's Thor has better odds than most, I think. I figure he'd win half his fights against Diana at least, if not more.

Actually, one guy who "might" have good odds against Diana is post-Annihilation era Richard "Nova" Rider. He was a full on cosmic level powerhouse, and his powerset seems like it'd be especially effective against Diana. Normal Nova (either Rich or Sam) wouldn't stand a chance but Nova Prime Richard Rider, with the Worldmind whispering in his ear and the entire Nova force at his disposal? I think he'd actually pull off a "best of five" as long as he had room to move.

Rogue, obviously, would have a chance as long as she could make physical contact. But that's a pretty cheap win condition, and one not easily managed if Diana's aware of her opponent's abilities.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    She has access to them, but she's not a magic hero. She has a foot in that world, but she's no Zatanna. She is a great conduit for magic and a perfect cipher for new readers to get into that side of the universe, but just flying out into deep space for fun? That's outside Diana's usual purview as far as I've read.
    She has been able to fight in space many times. So it is not outside her capabilities. She may not have an easy fight against full grown up kryptonians, but she has the power to fight them, and even win.

Retired

More of a Comic Book Rumbles topic, but I don't think you can compare across universes. Marvel comics work according to their own rules--and DC works in a very different way. I really think you can only compare within a universe and within a specific continuity. Wonder Woman is a goddess so she's potentially more powerful than any of the metahuman DC women.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    CBR should just stop making lists to be honest, more than 80% of them are cringy and/or factually incorrect.
    They do it for rage-clicks. Accuracy isn't the goal. More often than not I bite and check it out so the method works.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/heroines-stronge...tArticle=start

I often when we they do get some of these facts. Not that none of this is true. But some seem questionable. I mean Power Girl is equal to super girl or no? Captain Marvel. I don’t know. Diana has survived much worst things
    On average it seems, baring one or the other character being powered up temporarily, Power Girl and Supergirl, in the pages of the old Supergirl title, Justice League, (and in the sundry nu52 titles they were in), seem to be roughly on par.

In Simone's run on Wonder Woman, Diana herself seems to think that PG is "at least as strong and as fast as" she is, and a much better fighter than Canary seems to think, just not her. This is after a very good showing by Kara, (yes, another time where PG is mind controlled to fight the other hero...sigh), Diana wins the way she should. Very nice way to do that hero vs hero thing without making either look bad BTW.

So...go figure. They all vary so much depending on which book it is, where on the pecking order they are at the time, and how big a push they're being given.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    CBR should just stop making lists to be honest, more than 80% of them are cringy and/or factually incorrect.
    They seemed to be confusing PG with Black Canary...PG has never had a sonic scream...

And why would her being rich make her stronger than Diana? Why include that tidbit like it makes a difference? Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    On average it seems, baring one or the other character being powered up temporarily, Power Girl and Supergirl, in the pages of the old Supergirl title, Justice League, (and in the sundry nu52 titles they were in), seem to be roughly on par.

In Simone's run on Wonder Woman, Diana herself seems to think that PG is "at least as strong and as fast as" she is, and a much better fighter than Canary seems to think, just not her. This is after a very good showing by Kara, (yes, another time where PG is mind controlled to fight the other hero...sigh), Diana wins the way she should. Very nice way to do that hero vs hero thing without making either look bad BTW.

So...go figure. They all vary so much depending on which book it is, where on the pecking order they are at the time, and how big a push they're being given.
    The thing is, that supergirl and powergirl are often presented as WW peers. And she has faced them and won more than once. So i don't know why the one that name the list assumed they are above her. Because evidence doesn't show that to be true. Same with carol. Bases on feats, she isn't on Diana's level.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    If she’s equal to or just below Superman, she kicK PG and SG to the moon.

Why the hell does this list even exist?
    NO...

Actually it would depends on the writer, but I remember that PG is (if you exclude Superboy Prime,H'EL, possible NEW52 FUTURE Superboy Versions, Supermans father etc.)
    the strongest normal Kryptonian and STRONGER than Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes indeed. To quote DC themselves, "Superheroine Number 1!"

Wonder Woman is stronger than Power Girl, Supergirl, Ursa/Faora, Mary Marvel, Donna Troy, Big Barda, Knockout, Fury1, Fury 2, Miss Martian, Maxima, Mongal, Giganta, Silver Banshee, etc.

Diana is the strongest female DC character.
    No....Simply No...

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    They gotta make lists to sell ad revenue.

I disagree that SG/PG are that weak. I posted my thoughts in the PG thread, but I'll tl/dr the whole thing:

I don't think it's easy for Diana, but I do think she almost always wins. PG is certainly more experienced than SG (being older, having fought/trained with the JSA across multiple Earths) so I can accept SG being easier, but I think it's disingenuous to consider any Kryptonian with enough experience easy for Diana. She definitely has to work for it.

When written properly, there aren't many characters that can take the fight to Diana outside, what, The Spectre or other supernatural/cosmic characters? It's a dumb list to be sure, but who even clicks on CBR lists anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post

PG is actually stronger than Diana and I remind that she PUNCHED DIANA to CANADA..

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The thing is, that supergirl and powergirl are often presented as WW peers. And she has faced them and won more than once. So i don't know why the one that name the list assumed they are above her. Because evidence doesn't show that to be true. Same with carol. Bases on feats, she isn't on Diana's level.
    WHEN? Can you give me the source?

Last time I saw DIANA vs PG
    PG punched her to Canada..

PG is clearly easy above her....
    Last edited by Masterff; 11-14-2019 at 03:22 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/heroines-stronge...tArticle=start

I often when we they do get some of these facts. Not that none of this is true. But some seem questionable. I mean Power Girl is equal to super girl or no? Captain Marvel. I don’t know. Diana has survived much worst things
    No!

Actually PG is equal or stronger to CLARK!!
    I would say if you exclude H'EL,Superboy Prime,Kal Els father in Rebirth...
    PG is clearly the strongest living Kryptonian..

https://www.cbr.com/things-power-gir...upergirl-cant/

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    No!

Actually PG is equal or stronger to CLARK!!
    I would say if you exclude H'EL,Superboy Prime,Kal Els father in Rebirth...
    PG is clearly the strongest living Kryptonian..

https://www.cbr.com/things-power-gir...upergirl-cant/
    That list doesn't prove Power Girl is stronger than Superman. It might be an argument she's more powerful than Supergirl though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That list doesn't prove Power Girl is stronger than Superman. It might be an argument she's more powerful than Supergirl though.
    Its NOT!! based on the LIST!
    PG IS stronger than Supergirl, that ITS LOGICAL and was always so (if you count the Kryptonian Versions).
    There is NO DOUBT about that.
    https://www.quora.com/Who-is-more-po...-or-Power-Girl
    Here it only shows another time that PG is MUCH more powerful than SG.

It depends on the timeline (Pre-Flashpoint,NEW52,Rebirth...) but some Versions are stronger than Main-Earth Clark.

Its NOT!! based on the LIST!
    PG IS stronger than Supergirl, that ITS LOGICAL and was always so (if you count the Kryptonian Versions).
    There is NO DOUBT about that.
    https://www.quora.com/Who-is-more-po...-or-Power-Girl
    Here it only shows another time that PG is MUCH more powerful than SG.

It depends on the timeline (Pre-Flashpoint,NEW52,Rebirth...) but some Versions are stronger than Main-Earth Clark.
    Karen being more powerful than Kara does not make her more powerful than Clark. You've provided some good arguments for the former but nothing for the latter.

PG is actually stronger than Diana and I remind that she PUNCHED DIANA to CANADA..
    Last time I saw DIANA vs PG
    PG punched her to Canada..
    ...and it barely phased her.