Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Well, one could say that bullets is also a dumb weakness. There is no reason to hide from powerhouses or create silly weaknesses. There is no reason why Diana can't be both, very powerful and skilled. I mean, she is supposed to be both. You just need to have the writing skills to know how to approach very powerful characters. I think fans just want to see Diana get her due. I haven't felt any excitement in a Wonder Woman story for a while. I had big hopes for gww, and it was another disappointment. I hope Orlando can change that. I have enjoyed his work so far.
    Sadly, though you're certainly right that good writing can overcome those obstacles, depending on good writing is a bit...hit and miss.

What about this. She doesn't die from Bullets but they can go through her. She heals quickly. They don't hurt rather just like a little cut.

Retired

I'd have it that bullets go right through her like a knife through butter, with no damage, because she's a goddess. However, that endangers anyone behind her, so it's better to deflect the bullets with her bracelets. Also the bracelets have some sort of magnetic property, so they attract any bullets to them and away from bystanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'd have it that bullets go right through her like a knife through butter, with no damage, because she's a goddess. However, that endangers anyone behind her, so it's better to deflect the bullets with her bracelets. Also the bracelets have some sort of magnetic property, so they attract any bullets to them and away from bystanders.
    I agree. One thing that already makes her stand out is her resistance to magic. However, one thing that I have to wonder about mind control. Should her lasso help her? I mean Amazons do have mental training. So wouldn't there be a way for Diana to help get out of it?

I'd say there is ample precedent that Diana is highly resistant to magic and mind control in normal cases, and that when she ties herself with her lasso (like Simone had her do in "A Murder of Crows") she would be impervious.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'd say there is ample precedent that Diana is highly resistant to magic and mind control in normal cases, and that when she ties herself with her lasso (like Simone had her do in "A Murder of Crows") she would be impervious.
    So what do you think about the case with Batman's plan for Diana? I mean would it be considered a type of mind control

I like the idea that the bracelets can block a LOT more than just bullets, and that deflecting bullets is something she does more out of reflexive habit than genuine concern for her own safety.

The bracelets have been shown to block most things. From bullets to magic blast. Which makes me wonder should Diana herself ever have experince in doing magic?

Retired

I like the mental radio; it makes the tiara serve a purpose as Diana's "third eye."

I really do want them to bring back mental radio and other things.