Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Somebody slap Damian and wake that little **** up so he can assassinate Grandpa. Lol
    He got his ass whipped by grandpa.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    He got his ass whipped by grandpa.
    The less said about the BS that is Bat-Father beating up all of the "Kids" that quickly the better....off the rails...
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    The less said about the BS that is Bat-Father beating up all of the "Kids" that quickly the better....off the rails...
    Yeah, who'd a thunk Jason becoming a teacher of would-be villain teens would save him from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, who'd a thunk Jason becoming a teacher of would-be villain teens would save him from this?
    Screw them all lmao. Jason than this sh#tshow anyways.

I dont necessarily mind Batman "cheating" especially given the stakes but when you make such a macho-show of it and then cheat it really makes you look bad. And in general not a fan of this Batman or Catwoman so when they cheat, gives me the opportunity to "boo" lol. Besides Bane having more honor than Batman kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Gotham being Catwoman's city. Bleh. Don't care for how much she got glorified in this. Maybe if Bruce hasn't been sucking so badly lately I wouldn't mind as much but it looked more like a Catwoman vs Bane thing with Bruce as the extra-hand (her plan, she seemed to fare batter,gave the "my city" speech etc etc) and I really needed Bruce to have a better showing. Couldn't help but go "man, King is such a Catwoman fanboy", which is not how I should be feeling when reading Batman, I think.

Bruce needs to stop calling evil-Thomas "father".

I hope once King's run ends DC will forget evil-Thomas existed and we will never ever see this guy again. Had more than enough. Though I did kind of lol at Thomas coming and and shooting down Bruce. Was like a scene from B-rate movie with the moustache twirling unbeatable villain, right down to Bruce seemingly being a bit shocked his "father" shot him, like really, you are still shocked at the evil things this guy does? lol

Also sick and tired of the Batman-Bane-back breaking thing. At this point they are ruining Knightfall for me.
    Last edited by Schumiac; 11-06-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Incredible Member

It's pretty astonishing that we've lived to see the worst Batman run in the history of the franchise. The character of Batman has been so thoroughly tarnished by this run as to potentially be ruined forever. I've read thousands of Batman comics and while there's definitely some mediocre tripe, this is the worst longform epic that has ever been published in the main title as the franchise-driving narrative. King's Batman slashed his wrists as a ten-year-old boy, tried to murder the Riddler in cold blood during his second year of crime-fighting, cannot accomplish anything of note without Catwoman holding his hand, and was sipping mimosas on the beach while his son was held captive by a murderer, Alfred's neck was snapped, and the entire Bat-family was trounced to the point of potentially being killed.

King's Batman is not a hero. He's a disgusting caricature that cannot be reconciled with any established take on the character or mythos. To me, Batman is functionally dead until DC officially declares King's run to be non-canon and they apologize for allowing this dreck to be published.

That goes for the entire mythos and supporting cast too. I don't think I can ever read something with Catwoman in it again after this, except for maybe the old stuff.

That goes for the entire mythos and supporting cast too. I don't think I can ever read something with Catwoman in it again after this, except for maybe the old stuff.
    Things like this make me glad I'm not reading (did check out occasional issue, but didn't like, so am just reading some previews and comments). I actually like BatCat in theory. If I was reading this, I wouldn't. Hate to the blame the character for the way the writer has so completely diminished other characters and relationships to forward them, but it's hard not to resent the character for "making" everyone else suck.

Is it just me or did Bane really come across stupid in this?

King spends (or in this case, waste) 70+ issues building this guy up as the ultimate mastermind only to have Batman "trick", him in the most obvious fashion and even had Batman saying, "I never said Bane was smart!". I've seen video game bosses who were portrayed more formidable than this. And the "twist", is still no justification in clowning Bane out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Things like this make me glad I'm not reading (did check out occasional issue, but didn't like, so am just reading some previews and comments). I actually like BatCat in theory. If I was reading this, I wouldn't. Hate to the blame the character for the way the writer has so completely diminished other characters and relationships to forward them, but it's hard not to resent the character for "making" everyone else suck.
    Same here. I'm even glad that I didn't buy the first trade (almost) blindly, that would've happened because I had liked King's previous works (even when I wasn't convinced by the first two or three issues myself).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-06-2019 at 05:30 PM.

King understating Bane's intelligence is almost as insulting as the whole punching-as-communication. Why doesn't King stick to his guns? Why does he destroy what he has managed to build, albeit crappy over the long run? So the whole run was a waste? Three issues and Bane's done like that, Batman's recovered after going to the beach and Batdaddy's the actual evil? Bleh.

Empty is thy hand!

Near the beginning of this run, I warned that King doesn't seem to have a handle on these characters and it could get worse, and here we are. I'm just glad it's almost over. I miss Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    It's pretty astonishing that we've lived to see the worst Batman run in the history of the franchise. The character of Batman has been so thoroughly tarnished by this run as to potentially be ruined forever. I've read thousands of Batman comics and while there's definitely some mediocre tripe, this is the worst longform epic that has ever been published in the main title as the franchise-driving narrative. King's Batman slashed his wrists as a ten-year-old boy, tried to murder the Riddler in cold blood during his second year of crime-fighting, cannot accomplish anything of note without Catwoman holding his hand, and was sipping mimosas on the beach while his son was held captive by a murderer, Alfred's neck was snapped, and the entire Bat-family was trounced to the point of potentially being killed.

King's Batman is not a hero. He's a disgusting caricature that cannot be reconciled with any established take on the character or mythos. To me, Batman is functionally dead until DC officially declares King's run to be non-canon and they apologize for allowing this dreck to be published.

I won't lie. I can't wait for 5G to happens because it'll push Bruce away from the cowl, hopefully for long enough for this stain on his history to be greatly diminished. And if it isn't, I hope Damian at the very least ditch him and become his own man, Punisher-like if need be. King's rotting undertheme of "true love family trump the adoptees and bastards" really rubbed me the wrong way.

Of course, is Catwoman is despicable and killing any interest I may have had to read her adventures, ever - it hasn't been helped by Joelle Jones insipid run which I tried and quickly dropped.
    Last edited by Korath; 11-07-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Same. BatCat is fine by me. But King cemented it that I don't want him to write it anymore.

My main problem with King's run is that all these ideas sound good on paper IMO.
    Bane taking over the city in an epic storyline, with flashpoint batman by his side, with batman and catwoman finally taking their relationship to the next level. Instead you get a convoluted plan with too many variables that could go wrong, bane is not even the main villain of the book, barely even appears, batman and bane fight several times, and every single time one or the other lost, because it was part of their plan at the moment. They finally square off and king has catwoman interfering in what could have been an epic brawl like in Batman:legacy.
    Batman and catwoman are getting married, then they are not, then they are together again.
    Old Thomas who is also an alchoholic, and began his batman career well into his adulthood, suddenly is an ultimate badass who can take out bruce and somehow entire bat family on his own.
    Not to mention that king wasted sooo many issues on a Knightmare arc, that went nowhere and felt like filler.
    The story elements may sound good on paper but King has managed to miss the landing on all of them so far, and there is only 3 issues to go, to wrap the entire thing, and i highly doubt they would make me change my mind about this whole story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Is it just me or did Bane really come across stupid in this?

King spends (or in this case, waste) 70+ issues building this guy up as the ultimate mastermind only to have Batman "trick", him in the most obvious fashion and even had Batman saying, "I never said Bane was smart!". I've seen video game bosses who were portrayed more formidable than this. And the "twist", is still no justification in clowning Bane out like that.
    After King made his "bringing Batman to his lowest" plot pointless in 81, revealing that Bane isn't smart is just continuing what he started last issue.