Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I have no problem with Bruce cheating, my problem is that I don't givea single f*ck about anyone in this fight. Bane could smash their faces in and I would be happy that they can't talk anymore. Then Thomas can shoot Bane in the face and fall through a portal to join Jor-El in prison.

They tricked Bane into removing his Venom.

Not sure what Thomas plan is, but I'll be glad to see him gone. He's King's Batman Who Laughs, way OP'd.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Agreed, unless there's some sort of venom involved, there's nothing in character's established history that explains that he is able to beat Bruce, let alone the most of the bat family, including cass at the same time.

Were almost there fellas

This disaster of a run is almost over.

I puked in my mouth a bit seeing Thomas walk past the Bat family laying on the ground unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    Were almost there fellas

This disaster of a run is almost over...
    Yup, three more issues. This nightmare will soon end and I can start buying Batman again (I'm still following Detective Comics and other related properties).

I might, however, purchase #85 out of morbid curiosity to see how the train wreck concludes. It's one of those cases where you can't look away even though you know you should.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-05-2019 at 09:36 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The fact that Tynion is coming on and he's starting by doing another batman v deathstroke story almost seem like frying pan to fire.
    not to mention the fact that the batbooks have plans for Tim and Steph according to bendis. I don't need any more stories where steph brown smack Bruce thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The fact that Tynion is coming on and he's starting by doing another batman v deathstroke story almost seem like frying pan to fire.
    not to mention the fact that the batbooks have plans for Tim and Steph according to bendis. I don't need any more stories where steph brown smack Bruce thank you.
    I love the idea of Steph slapping Bruce (if that's what "smack" means here, rather than kiss) - punching would be better. I wish his entire family would leave him in the dust half the time. Old-school particularly, he just treated her like crap. So that slap was could have been very satisfying - if she'd actually not had anything to do with him after. But the the late '90s to early 2000s (and really into mid-2000s, at least) were some of the worst of Bruce treating others poorly. Recently, he's more completely undervalued them and disregarded them. Not a fan of Bendis' Superman, though, so have not read his YJ, and don't know how he'd handle a Tim and/or Steph storyline.

Steph-of-a-certain-era is my second-favorite Bat (after Dick-of-a-certain-era, not this one).

I'm not fond of Deathstroke as a Batman-villain, though. Actually not fond of Deathstroke at all.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 11-05-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yup, three more issues. This nightmare will soon end and I can start buying Batman again (I'm still following Detective Comics and other related properties).

I might, however, purchase #85 out of morbid curiosity to see how the train wreck concludes. It's one of those cases where you can't look away even though you know you should.
    I get where you're coming from, but there are enough places on the internet that will post the issue or relevant pages anyway and I refuse to spend my money on King.
    The books that I do buy are expensive enough. I'm still on the fence about Tynion. Nothing he has teased about his run sounded interesting to me, but it can't be worse than King so I might give him a shot.
    But the news about g5 have killed a lot of what was left of my enthusiasm for dc's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I love the idea of Steph slapping Bruce (if that's what "smack" means here, rather than kiss) - punching would be better. I wish his entire family would leave him in the dust half the time. Old-school particularly, he just treated her like crap. So that slap was could have been very satisfying - if she'd actually not had anything to do with him after. But the the late '90s to early 2000s (and really into mid-2000s, at least) were some of the worst of Bruce treating others poorly. Recently, he's more completely undervalued them and disregarded them. Not a fan of Bendis' Superman, though, so have not read his YJ, and don't know how he'd handle a Tim and/or Steph storyline.

Steph-of-a-certain-era is my second-favorite Bat (after Dick-of-a-certain-era, not this one).

I'm not fond of Deathstroke as a Batman-villain, though. Actually not fond of Deathstroke at all.
    I get what you mean and I do agree that at times i want his family to ditch him too but Steph slapping Bruce wasn't justified in that story.

Bendis has been handling Tim and Steph really well. I also like that Steph in the alternate world is Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I get where you're coming from, but there are enough places on the internet that will post the issue or relevant pages anyway and I refuse to spend my money on King.
    The books that I do buy are expensive enough.
    "Theft is OK because I won't enjoy it anyway."

But the news about g5 have killed a lot of what was left of my enthusiasm for dc's future.
    Sad that an unconfirmed rumor kills your enjoyment of an entire publishing company. And even if it does happen you've already pre-set your mind to hate it regardless of how different it may be from that unconfirmed rumor.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Yeah, I don't really get why Bruce would bother talking a big honorable game if the plan was to do away with it to begin with. Just seems like an excuse for everyone to just yell out their names in King's patented stilted dialogue.

Oh look at the Batfamily all sprawled on the floor uselessly! They sure did add to this story...and Cass. Jeez, this is like the worst image of modern Cassandra Cain next to Tim treating her like a five year old .

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

I honestly have been buying it because it's "Batman" or supposed to be. I've got over 500 straight issues, not going to miss at this point.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    "Theft is OK because I won't enjoy it anyway."

Sad that an unconfirmed rumor kills your enjoyment of an entire publishing company. And even if it does happen you've already pre-set your mind to hate it regardless of how different it may be from that unconfirmed rumor.
    It's hard to miss it when it's all over the social media sites I use. I've been unhappy with dc's direction for a while now and I have no reasons to think those "rumors" are untrue. Btw how is not feeling enthusiasm for something the same as hate. Leave me alone with your bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    To be fair, going into something thinking you're gonna hate it doesn't mean you won't change your mind. I definitely thought I'd hate Morrison's Batman and Robin because I hated the character of Damian Wayne up until that point. Low and behold, it became one of my favorite Batman runs and it was the start of Damian becoming my favorite Robin and third favorite DC character. There are plenty of things I go into with the thought that I'll hate it. Sometimes I'm right (like Bendis' Superman). Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised and end up liking it (like DCeased and Bendis' Young Justice)

And I can tell you now, everything I've heard about 5G fills me with hate and annoyance. But I'm still giving it a fair try lol

Then there are things that I think I'll love but end up hating...like Heroes in Crisis and King's Batman run

It's hard to miss it when it's all over the social media sites I use. I've been unhappy with dc's direction for a while now and I have no reasons to think those "rumors" are untrue. Btw how is not feeling enthusiasm for something the same as hate. Leave me alone with your bullshit.
    You're going in wanting to dislike it therefore you will. And you're saying it has killed your enthusiasm, not that it will. Meaning you dislike things now for something that may or may not happen in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    To be fair, going into something thinking you're gonna hate it doesn't mean you won't change your mind. I definitely thought I'd hate Morrison's Batman and Robin because I hated the character of Damian Wayne up until that point. Low and behold, it became one of my favorite Batman runs and it was the start of Damian becoming my favorite Robin and third favorite DC character. There are plenty of things I go into with the thought that I'll hate it. Sometimes I'm right (like Bendis' Superman). Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised and end up liking it (like DCeased and Bendis' Young Justice)

And I can tell you now, everything I've heard about 5G fills me with hate and annoyance. But I'm still giving it a fair try lol

Then there are things that I think I'll love but end up hating...like Heroes in Crisis and King's Batman run
    And this is how it should be. You can go in with low expectations or expect the worst as long as you keep your mind open to the fact that you may actually end up enjoying it. If you gave it a valid chance and you still feel it sucked then you have every right to complain about it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans